Pre-OCI interviews in 1L summer market Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
yogurt31

New

Pre-OCI interviews in 1L summer market

Post by yogurt31 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:47 am

i've heard advice that locking down interviews in the market where your 1L summer job is before OCI starts is really helpful for boosting confidence for OCI interviews etc. My question is: how do you go about doing this? Should I try to reach out to firms that I will be interviewing with at OCI anyways? How do I do that/what do I say/whom do I contact?

Edited: My summer market is the market I will be targeting.

piccolittle

Silver

Re: Pre-OCI interviews in 1L summer market

Post by piccolittle » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:15 pm

Read threads on mass mailing :)

jess

Post by jess » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:16 pm

Last edited by jess on Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mike12188

Silver

Post by Mike12188 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:06 pm

Jessuf wrote: Yes. Put in your cover letter that you are bidding on them but would be amenable to securing an interview locally. Then you can save a bid(s) for other
really? How would you say this without sounding like you don't want to waste a bid on them.
Edit: I re-read it and saw you said to say you are going to bid on them. But still I thought I read on here that you shouldn't be mass mailing firms that will be at oci

piccolittle

Silver

Post by piccolittle » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:13 pm

Mike12188 wrote:
Jessuf wrote: Yes. Put in your cover letter that you are bidding on them but would be amenable to securing an interview locally. Then you can save a bid(s) for other
really? How would you say this without sounding like you don't want to waste a bid on them.
Edit: I re-read it and saw you said to say you are going to bid on them. But still I thought I read on here that you shouldn't be mass mailing firms that will be at oci
I honestly don't see how it hurts to mass mail firms that will be at OCI, especially if you are in the target market for the summer. At best, it's convenient for both of you as it saves them airfare on a callback and saves you a bid and time on a trip out there, and at worst they respond telling you to talk to them at OCI.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Mike12188

Silver

Post by Mike12188 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:15 pm

piccolittle wrote:
Mike12188 wrote:
I honestly don't see how it hurts to mass mail firms that will be at OCI, especially if you are in the target market for the summer. At best, it's convenient for both of you as it saves them airfare on a callback and saves you a bid and time on a trip out there, and at worst they respond telling you to talk to them at OCI.
Well then it looks like I have a busy weekend ahead of me.

piccolittle

Silver

Post by piccolittle » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Mike12188 wrote:
piccolittle wrote:
Mike12188 wrote:
Well then it looks like I have a busy weekend ahead of me.
I mean, that's just my personal view. People with better information or experience may chime in and contradict me - but hopefully soon, as I've been mass mailing already...

yogurt31

New

Post by yogurt31 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:26 pm

thanks for the responses! can someone link to a mass mailing thread or give a synopsis of how that whole thing works?

also, would anyone speak to the strategy of just mailing to firms that you're not like suuuper interested in to use to get the nervousness out before OCI? or would you just go for it and mass mail everywhere you want, including those firms you intend to bid on.

piccolittle

Silver

Post by piccolittle » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:33 pm

yogurt31 wrote:thanks for the responses! can someone link to a mass mailing thread or give a synopsis of how that whole thing works?

also, would anyone speak to the strategy of just mailing to firms that you're not like suuuper interested in to use to get the nervousness out before OCI? or would you just go for it and mass mail everywhere you want, including those firms you intend to bid on.
Hey, just type "mass mail" into the forum search bar at the bottom and you should find an answer to pretty much all your questions. Feel free to come back to this thread if you have certain things you really can't figure out, but this subject is pretty active around this time every year and I've been able to get a lot of good info from past threads.

yogurt31

New

Post by yogurt31 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:38 pm

piccolittle wrote:
yogurt31 wrote:thanks for the responses! can someone link to a mass mailing thread or give a synopsis of how that whole thing works?

Hey, just type "mass mail" into the forum search bar at the bottom and you should find an answer to pretty much all your questions. Feel free to come back to this thread if you have certain things you really can't figure out, but this subject is pretty active around this time every year and I've been able to get a lot of good info from past threads.
ah yes yes very helpful. thank you!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”