Philadelphia Area Diversity Fair

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Philadelphia Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:55 pm

Anybody else doing this? Bidding closes in a few hours...

User avatar
crossarmant
Posts: 1116
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:01 am

Re: Philadelphia Area Diversity Fair

Postby crossarmant » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:04 pm

Yep, just found out about it today and piled all of my material together and cast my net at almost all of the firms. If none bite, then whatever there's still regular OCI.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philadelphia Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:17 pm

Same here. Do you know if this is 100% preselect? Any idea when we are supposed to hear back about bids? I assume around July 11 since that's when we can start accepting interviews, but there just isn't much information out about the fair (at least that I have found - happy to be corrected about that).

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Philadelphia Area Diversity Fair

Postby r6_philly » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:30 pm

100% preselect.

User avatar
dabomb75
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:56 pm

Re: Philadelphia Area Diversity Fair

Postby dabomb75 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:10 am

yep, signed up


Anonymous User wrote:Same here. Do you know if this is 100% preselect? Any idea when we are supposed to hear back about bids? I assume around July 11 since that's when we can start accepting interviews, but there just isn't much information out about the fair (at least that I have found - happy to be corrected about that).


If it works similarly to other career fairs, then the date on symplicity showing when we can start accepting interviews is the date interviews will be available online for us to accept. So 1 week from exactly, on July 11th at 12:00am is when we'll find out.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philadelphia Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:45 am

dabomb75 wrote:yep, signed up


Anonymous User wrote:Same here. Do you know if this is 100% preselect? Any idea when we are supposed to hear back about bids? I assume around July 11 since that's when we can start accepting interviews, but there just isn't much information out about the fair (at least that I have found - happy to be corrected about that).


If it works similarly to other career fairs, then the date on symplicity showing when we can start accepting interviews is the date interviews will be available online for us to accept. So 1 week from exactly, on July 11th at 12:00am is when we'll find out.


I believe they pre-select. I applied as well.

User avatar
dabomb75
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:56 pm

Re: Philadelphia Area Diversity Fair

Postby dabomb75 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:45 am

Anonymous User wrote:
dabomb75 wrote:yep, signed up


Anonymous User wrote:Same here. Do you know if this is 100% preselect? Any idea when we are supposed to hear back about bids? I assume around July 11 since that's when we can start accepting interviews, but there just isn't much information out about the fair (at least that I have found - happy to be corrected about that).


If it works similarly to other career fairs, then the date on symplicity showing when we can start accepting interviews is the date interviews will be available online for us to accept. So 1 week from exactly, on July 11th at 12:00am is when we'll find out.


I believe they pre-select. I applied as well.


yea but you still have to either accept or deny the interview schedule

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philadelphia Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:05 am

Has the entire bid list been removed? I no longer have a drop-down menu.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philadelphia Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:01 pm

Anyone here attend the one last year? Any comment or opinion on how it went or what to expect? I have never been to a legal job fair.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philadelphia Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:42 pm

Yes it looks like everything is gone for now...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philadelphia Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:55 am

Anonymous User wrote:Has the entire bid list been removed? I no longer have a drop-down menu.


Sorry. I did not see the post above me.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philadelphia Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:32 pm

Anybody get movement here?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philadelphia Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:57 pm

of the bowels.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philadelphia Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:15 pm

I heard some interviews were posted. Don't know how many.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philadelphia Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I heard some interviews were posted. Don't know how many.



I do not have anything yet. I just have applied.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philadelphia Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I heard some interviews were posted. Don't know how many.



I do not have anything yet. I just have applied.


I just received a few invites.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philadelphia Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:57 pm

Same here. Do we know if there are more to come considering the original date to review interviews was the 11th? Or do we think this is it?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philadelphia Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Same here. Do we know if there are more to come considering the original date to review interviews was the 11th? Or do we think this is it?


I am not sure. I am happy though. These are good agencies and firms.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philadelphia Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:13 pm

Got 2 interview requests of my 14. Not sure if that's all I'm getting or if there's more to come.

Happy with the 2 I got, but would be slightly disappointed if that's it.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philadelphia Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Got 2 interview requests of my 14. Not sure if that's all I'm getting or if there's more to come.

Happy with the 2 I got, but would be slightly disappointed if that's it.


Comfortable saying which two?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philadelphia Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:29 pm

Snagged 3 interviews... I am extremely pleased.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philadelphia Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:30 pm

So far so good. Got a few that were on my bid list, so now I can remove them and add others ― using the theory that firms do not want to interview anyone twice.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philadelphia Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:34 pm

Also got a few interviews. I'm wondering if only a few firms have turned in their selections since it seems early.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philadelphia Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:36 pm

Is anyone here a rising 3L?

I'm interviewing with 2 of the 5 firms/agencies considering 3Ls, but for whatever reason, the City of Philadelphia Law Department is not one of them. Did anyone get a slot with them?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philadelphia Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Is anyone here a rising 3L?

I'm interviewing with 2 of the 5 firms/agencies considering 3Ls, but for whatever reason, the City of Philadelphia Law Department is not one of them. Did anyone get a slot with them?


Not a 3L but bid on them and didn't hear anything. Anybody hear from Stradley, Ballard or Cozen?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.