Emailing Recruiting Contact -- Template?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Zeile

Emailing Recruiting Contact -- Template?

Postby Zeile » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:20 pm

I'm placing my resume, cover letter and transcript in a pdf document that I plan to attach to my email. Does anyone have a nice email template they would be willing to share with me? Or would it just be best to use my cover letter as the email body?

dabbadon8

Re: Emailing Recruiting Contact -- Template?

Postby dabbadon8 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:23 pm

Zeile wrote:I'm placing my resume, cover letter and transcript in a pdf document that I plan to attach to my email. Does anyone have a nice email template they would be willing to share with me? Or would it just be best to use my cover letter as the email body?

tagged

Zeile

Postby Zeile » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:32 pm

bump

ben4847

Postby ben4847 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:40 pm

Ocs said to put your cover letter in body

WearyCartographer

Postby WearyCartographer » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:56 pm

ben4847 wrote:Ocs said to put your cover letter in body

I've heard the opposite of this. Recruiters don't want to wade through multiple long paragraphs in an email. Keep it short. The CL is there to give a little more insight into you.

I use one sentence saying who I am, what I'm seeking. Second sentence letting them know when (if at all) you will be visiting the city and thank them for the consideration.

ben4847

Postby ben4847 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:32 pm

WearyCartographer wrote:
ben4847 wrote:Ocs said to put your cover letter in body

I've heard the opposite of this. Recruiters don't want to wade through multiple long paragraphs in an email. Keep it short. The CL is there to give a little more insight into you.

I use one sentence saying who I am, what I'm seeking. Second sentence letting them know when (if at all) you will be visiting the city and thank them for the consideration.

See that. So I guess you should either put it in email, or not put it in. One of those two choices.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:35 pm

I put my cover letter in the body for both last summer and this summer. Seems to work fine. They would just print out the email body and attach it to the rest. I don't think it makes too much difference where it is. But if you put it as an attachment, you would have to duplicate some of it in the email, which is not necessary.

Return to “Legal Employment”