ATL Mass Mailing -- email or snail mail?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
nmcdgt

ATL Mass Mailing -- email or snail mail?

Postby nmcdgt » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:53 am

Quick question. Does anybody have an idea whether the majority of firms in Atlanta prefer e-mail or hard copies of resume/transcript/cover letter when mass mailing to apply? What about firms in general (outside of ATL)? I did a forum search but was only able to find a little bit of conversation on the subject and no real consensus, just wanted to see what people recommended.

kalvano

Re: ATL Mass Mailing -- email or snail mail?

Postby kalvano » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:04 am

100% email.

nmcdgt

Postby nmcdgt » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:58 pm

kalvano wrote:100% email.

I was a bit worried that the e-mails may get lost/buried in the recruiter's inbox or may be more easily ignored than a packet. You didn't have any problems with these issues?

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:05 pm

nmcdgt wrote:
kalvano wrote:100% email.

I was a bit worried that the e-mails may get lost/buried in the recruiter's inbox or may be more easily ignored than a packet. You didn't have any problems with these issues?

No. It's specifically their job to handle these emails. They will usuall confirm receipt of them with an acknowledgement email to you. They won't ignore them.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:31 pm

How long has it taken people to hear back? I've sent several emails already and have received very few acknowledgement emails.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:How long has it taken people to hear back? I've sent several emails already and have received very few acknowledgement emails.

You're very early.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:How long has it taken people to hear back? I've sent several emails already and have received very few acknowledgement emails.

Waaaaaaay too early bro

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:20 pm

rad lulz wrote:

Waaaaaaay too early bro

Yeah.. I was told to go ahead and apply now but Im not expecting any responses anytime soon. I assume that legal recruiters pretty much have the process down and will be able to track early applications but probably wont start making substantive responses until recruiting season really kicks off in late July/Early August.

Return to “Legal Employment”