Texas OCI (and non-UT students bidding on TX firms)

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273477
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas OCI (and non-UT students bidding on TX firms)

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Callbacks at Munsch Hardt Dallas, Kane Russell Coleman & Logan, F&J Dallas, Brown & Fortunato, SettlePou, Hartline Dacus Dallas, Bowman and Brooke Dallas


are those all litigation boutiques?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273477
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas OCI (and non-UT students bidding on TX firms)

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Callbacks at Munsch Hardt Dallas, Kane Russell Coleman & Logan, F&J Dallas, Brown & Fortunato, SettlePou, Hartline Dacus Dallas, Bowman and Brooke Dallas


are those all litigation boutiques?


Other than Fulbright & Jaworski, basically yes

nonprofit-prophet
Posts: 844
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:10 am

Re: Texas OCI (and non-UT students bidding on TX firms)

Postby nonprofit-prophet » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Callbacks at Munsch Hardt Dallas, Kane Russell Coleman & Logan, F&J Dallas, Brown & Fortunato, SettlePou, Hartline Dacus Dallas, Bowman and Brooke Dallas


are those all litigation boutiques?


Other than Fulbright & Jaworski, basically yes


I don't know if I'd consider them boutiques. Perhaps profitable small to mid-sized firms. Not sure if there's an exact definition though.
Last edited by nonprofit-prophet on Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273477
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas OCI (and non-UT students bidding on TX firms)

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:52 pm

Ding from V&E Dallas today via email. T-14.

lawschool65
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:23 pm

Re: Texas OCI (and non-UT students bidding on TX firms)

Postby lawschool65 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:53 pm

any word on Andrews Kurth Dallas office offers or Strasburger Dallas and Frisco office offers?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273477
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas OCI (and non-UT students bidding on TX firms)

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:14 pm

lawschool65 wrote:any word on Andrews Kurth Dallas office offers or Strasburger Dallas and Frisco office offers?


Strasburger has made some offers for Dallas. Haven't heard of anyone with AK offers yet.

.... also VE (D) has made some offers.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273477
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas OCI (and non-UT students bidding on TX firms)

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:37 pm

nonprofit-prophet wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Callbacks at Munsch Hardt Dallas, Kane Russell Coleman & Logan, F&J Dallas, Brown & Fortunato, SettlePou, Hartline Dacus Dallas, Bowman and Brooke Dallas


are those all litigation boutiques?


Other than Fulbright & Jaworski, basically yes


I don't know if I'd consider them boutiques. Perhaps profitable small to mid-sized firms. Not sure if there's an exact definition though.


Yea that's probably a more accurate description. Ahh the benefits of going to a TTT. Texas biglaw options are very limited unless you are at the absolute top of the class, and even then it's a crapshoot. At least most of these midsize firms pay decently (think 80,000-135,000)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273477
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas OCI (and non-UT students bidding on TX firms)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:22 am

Has there been any movement on Locke Lord Dallas? Or are we waiting for some date (I can't remember)?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273477
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas OCI (and non-UT students bidding on TX firms)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:55 am

Any offers from Skadden Houston or JD Houston?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273477
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas OCI (and non-UT students bidding on TX firms)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:24 am

lawschool65 wrote:any word on Andrews Kurth Dallas office offers or Strasburger Dallas and Frisco office offers?


+1 Silence from AK since I interviewed with them for a CB a while back. Any word on when they make decisions for offers?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273477
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas OCI (and non-UT students bidding on TX firms)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:Has there been any movement on Locke Lord Dallas? Or are we waiting for some date (I can't remember)?


+1 for Locke Lord Houston?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273477
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas OCI (and non-UT students bidding on TX firms)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:58 am

For Locke Lord Houston, they are making the first batch of callbacks today or tomorrow; they are meeting today.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273477
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas OCI (and non-UT students bidding on TX firms)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:24 am

I know of one Skadden Houston offer. Since they only have 2 SA's, I'm guessing they have a waitlist.

Does anybody know the typical turnaround times for Latham, Bracewell, or BB (all Houston)?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273477
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas OCI (and non-UT students bidding on TX firms)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:42 am

Anonymous User wrote:
lawschool65 wrote:any word on Andrews Kurth Dallas office offers or Strasburger Dallas and Frisco office offers?


+1 Silence from AK since I interviewed with them for a CB a while back. Any word on when they make decisions for offers?


Not sure if AK does rolling offers but I know of at least one person who hasn't done his CB yet. I think the interview was scheduled for today or tomorrow.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273477
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas OCI (and non-UT students bidding on TX firms)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:58 am

Latham (LA) offer fr. TX OCI

Anonymous User
Posts: 273477
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas OCI (and non-UT students bidding on TX firms)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:21 pm

Can u guys let us know when LL Houston starts calling?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273477
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas OCI (and non-UT students bidding on TX firms)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I know of one Skadden Houston offer. Since they only have 2 SA's, I'm guessing they have a waitlist.

Does anybody know the typical turnaround times for Latham, Bracewell, or BB (all Houston)?


Right. Do you know if the Skadden offer was for lit or trans? They take one of each.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273477
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas OCI (and non-UT students bidding on TX firms)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I know of one Skadden Houston offer. Since they only have 2 SA's, I'm guessing they have a waitlist.

Does anybody know the typical turnaround times for Latham, Bracewell, or BB (all Houston)?


Right. Do you know if the Skadden offer was for lit or trans? They take one of each.


Trans. If they made one, I assume they made the other and are waiting to see if that person accepts.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273477
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas OCI (and non-UT students bidding on TX firms)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Latham (LA) offer fr. TX OCI


Any Latham (Houston) offers yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273477
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas OCI (and non-UT students bidding on TX firms)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Did anyone hear from Locke lord Houston?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273477
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas OCI (and non-UT students bidding on TX firms)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone hear from Locke lord Houston?


Ditto this question but for Dallas.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273477
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas OCI (and non-UT students bidding on TX firms)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone hear from Locke lord Houston?


Ditto this question but for Dallas.

Offer from Locke Lord Dallas today.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273477
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas OCI (and non-UT students bidding on TX firms)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone hear from Locke lord Houston?


Ditto this question but for Dallas.

Offer from Locke Lord Dallas today.


Congrats! For me, I suppose it is now probably time to /self.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273477
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas OCI (and non-UT students bidding on TX firms)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone hear from Locke lord Houston?


Ditto this question but for Dallas.

Offer from Locke Lord Dallas today.


Congrats! For me, I suppose it is now probably time to /self.

For what it's worth, the call left me with the impression that there would still be offers that go out after today.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273477
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas OCI (and non-UT students bidding on TX firms)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone hear from Locke lord Houston?


Ditto this question but for Dallas.

Double ditto these questions but for Austin!




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.