BC/BU OCI

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:CB K&L Gates

Same, from BU OCI.

I've received one snail mail ding, rest were email.

To those who haven't had any CBs yet, I hadn't either (after many interviews - only dings from some and otherwise silence) until this afternoon, so don't stress too much. Some firms just take a little longer!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Same, from BU OCI.

To those who haven't had any CBs yet, I hadn't either (after many interviews - only dings from some and otherwise silence) until this afternoon, so don't stress too much. Some firms just take a little longer!

As a 3L with a full-time offer, I have to agree with this - that firms take a while sometimes. If you dig back in this thread, you'll find reference to the fact that one firm called me 30 minutes before the school reception to invite me to a callback. It was days after everyone else heard back, and I had given up hope. That was the firm I ended up with. So you just never know what is going on.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:43 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Same, from BU OCI.

As a 3L with a full-time offer, I have to agree with this - that firms take a while sometimes. If you dig back in this thread, you'll find reference to the fact that one firm called me 30 minutes before the school reception to invite me to a callback. It was days after everyone else heard back, and I had given up hope. That was the firm I ended up with. So you just never know what is going on.

But it is best to keep plugging away looking for non-OCI interview opportunities, because most firms do callback or ding in a relatively quick period of time. Last year, I heard nothing from 5 or 6 firms for weeks, and when I later followed up I was told that a letter went out several weeks before with a ding. (Some of the recruiting departments become disorganized in terms of the rejections.)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:00 am

Has anyone from BC heard from WilmerHale?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:32 am

Anonymous User wrote:

Same, from BU OCI.

Have you received the email yet? The voicemail didn't leave a number and just said they would email, so I figured I'd check.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:50 am

BU-Foley ding via email today. I think they're spreading out the rejections since they sent some out Tuesday

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:00 am

Anonymous User wrote:BU-Foley ding via email today. I think they're spreading out the rejections since they sent some out Tuesday

I'm guessing you mean Foley Hoag, because I got one as well early this morning. Also BU

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Same, from BU OCI.

But it is best to keep plugging away looking for non-OCI interview opportunities, because most firms do callback or ding in a relatively quick period of time. Last year, I heard nothing from 5 or 6 firms for weeks, and when I later followed up I was told that a letter went out several weeks before with a ding. (Some of the recruiting departments become disorganized in terms of the rejections.)

Agreed. Didn't mean to suggest otherwise, and people should do everything they can to maximize chances. But firms sometimes come through, which is what I hoped to communicate. For example, it can especially be the case if you screen at BC/BU but want the callback in a different city from Boston. Firms have to get approval from the other office, which may operate on a different schedule.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:14 am

CB from Dechert via phone this morning. I've heard from people who got callbacks from Skadden and Cooley today by phone as well.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:25 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:BU-Foley ding via email today. I think they're spreading out the rejections since they sent some out Tuesday

I'm guessing you mean Foley Hoag, because I got one as well early this morning. Also BU

You're right I was talking about Foley Hoag

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:35 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Same, from BU OCI.

Have you received the email yet? The voicemail didn't leave a number and just said they would email, so I figured I'd check.

hey same boat here haven't received the email yet.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:52 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Same, from BU OCI.

hey same boat here haven't received the email yet.

Great - thanks for letting me know! :)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
anyone heard anything out of Philly walk around? Ballard Spahr more specifically?

CB by phone this afternoon... I think they were waiting for Philly OCI

I don't think they have completed Philly OCI have they? Ballard's philly office interviews Villanova students on the 20th. Or, did you receive a CB from a firm other than Ballard? I have a feeling my rejection letter is sitting on a USPS truck as we speak.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:28 pm

Any news from Cadwalader?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any news from Cadwalader?

People at BC have gotten CBs

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
anyone heard anything out of Philly walk around? Ballard Spahr more specifically?

CB by phone this afternoon... I think they were waiting for Philly OCI

I don't think they have completed Philly OCI have they? Ballard's philly office interviews Villanova students on the 20th. Or, did you receive a CB from a firm other than Ballard? I have a feeling my rejection letter is sitting on a USPS truck as we speak.

I heard from Ballard yesterday. I also heard from all the other firms that participated in the walk around last week (or know of people who heard from them). The one email ding was from Pepper. It could be that they haven't made all of the decisions yet, though... fingers crossed!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any news from Cadwalader?

People at BC have gotten CBs

I know a few waiting at BU and haven't heard of any CBs or dings for BU students. I don't know many who interviewed with them, though.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:53 pm

Has anyone from NY fair heard from Fox Rothschild? Has anyone from BC heard from Nutter, Goodwin, WilmerHale, OMM, Latham, or Edwards Wildman?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone from NY fair heard from Fox Rothschild? Has anyone from BC heard from Nutter, Goodwin, WilmerHale, OMM, Latham, or Edwards Wildman?

Nothing from Fox Rothschild yet here

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:59 pm

For BU OCI II (just came out, got the email a few minutes ago), does anyone else have "pending" listed instead of preselect/alternate/not invited?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:49 pm

Yes, I have pending

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:06 pm

not hearing anything is killing me right now

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Yes, I have pending

Okay, good. I wanted to make sure it wasn't just me. I figure if it hasn't changed once selection opens tomorrow, I'll ask the CDO.

Thanks!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:not hearing anything is killing me right now

Agreed. I have seven that I'm waiting/hoping on still. All the dings are tough!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:09 pm

Any new news from Boston firms?

Return to “Legal Employment”