BC/BU OCI

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:01 pm

Offer from Ropes. Interviewed this past Friday at a non-Boston office. From BU.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:30 pm

To the above poster -- wow, that is a quick turnaround time. Congrats on the offer!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:To the above poster -- wow, that is a quick turnaround time. Congrats on the offer!


Thank you. I hope you receive equally good news soon, too.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Hoping there will be some movement today. The wait is stresssful!


Dunno. One law firm actually told me that they won't be making decisions today because of Rosh Hashanah (enough lawyers take it off I guess). But I still hope we get phone calls. :-)


I suppose that makes sense. I'll keep my fingers crossed for tomorrow then!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:31 am

What those of us at BC who don't get offers have to look forward to -

"Hello Class of 2014:

Please note that the Beyond OCI program originally scheduled for this Wednesday has been POSTPONED. We will notify you when we have rescheduled the event.

Thank you!"

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:05 am

Anonymous User wrote:What those of us at BC who don't get offers have to look forward to -

"Hello Class of 2014:

Please note that the Beyond OCI program originally scheduled for this Wednesday has been POSTPONED. We will notify you when we have rescheduled the event.

Thank you!"


This reminds me of the Off-Campus Consortium announcement where BC/BU/the other schools announced that they were canceling the SF program.

Sorry about that. I hope they schedule it quickly.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:32 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:What those of us at BC who don't get offers have to look forward to -

"Hello Class of 2014:

Please note that the Beyond OCI program originally scheduled for this Wednesday has been POSTPONED. We will notify you when we have rescheduled the event.

Thank you!"


This reminds me of the Off-Campus Consortium announcement where BC/BU/the other schools announced that they were canceling the SF program.

Sorry about that. I hope they schedule it quickly.


I actually probably wouldn't have attended anyway. It's just the idea of them not caring enough to do it when they scheduled it because it is a room full of people not in the top 10% of the class. BC's sessions like this are never helpful - "apply to government, apply to small firms, use your versatile JD to apply to high-level non-legal jobs" - the first two are the obvious next step, and the third one is a joke

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:47 pm

Brown Rudnick offer. Interviewed about a week ago.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:36 pm

deleted

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:39 am

I just read that thread about getting a rejection via phone, and now I am scared to answer my phone (assuming I even get any calls today) :cry:

I just want this to be over!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:33 am

I am not aware of Boston firms calling to reject but I could be wrong. I am nervous to get back to my apartment and check my mailbox.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:27 am

"I am not aware of Boston firms calling to reject but I could be wrong. I am nervous to get back to my apartment and check my mailbox."


Same. If I am having a really rough day I don't even check my mail because I know that at best it will just be a bunch of junk mail, and at worse my dreams of working at a $160K firm job (or even a $145K at this point) will be smashed.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:09 pm

Anyone get an offer or rejection from Dechert Boston post-cb?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:32 pm

I know of at least one person at BC who has an offer from Dechert.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:"I am not aware of Boston firms calling to reject but I could be wrong. I am nervous to get back to my apartment and check my mailbox."


Same. If I am having a really rough day I don't even check my mail because I know that at best it will just be a bunch of junk mail, and at worse my dreams of working at a $160K firm job (or even a $145K at this point) will be smashed.


Keep your hopes up. I withdrew from a number of Boston firms today (I was in the limbo pile I think), and others are probably, too, which means you may hear something soon.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:07 pm

Yeah, I'm also withdrawing from a few Boston firms today, some of which are offers, some of which are waitlist positions, so stay hopeful!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:36 pm

That's great news, hopefully there will be a little more movement now. Congrats to those of you who have already accepted offers!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Edwards Wildman offer today.


does anyone know if Edwards Wildman pays market?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Edwards Wildman offer today.


does anyone know if Edwards Wildman pays market?


$145K. I honestly don't see a distinction, but I have never made anywhere close to that amount of money in my life.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Edwards Wildman offer today.


does anyone know if Edwards Wildman pays market?


$145K. I honestly don't see a distinction, but I have never made anywhere close to that amount of money in my life.


thanks! also - for the person who has the offer- what was the approx turn around from cb-> offer

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:11 pm

Any news today? I thought today some news would go out. Maybe Monday.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Edwards Wildman offer today.


does anyone know if Edwards Wildman pays market?


$145K. I honestly don't see a distinction, but I have never made anywhere close to that amount of money in my life.


thanks! also - for the person who has the offer- what was the approx turn around from cb-> offer


Four days for me.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:33 pm

Anyone have anything from KL Gates?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have anything from KL Gates?


+1

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:my thought is if you haven't heard from crowell, you're still in the running because i got dinged by email about a week after.


for ny office? do they ding via email for ny?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.