BC/BU OCI

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273044
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
I'm one of the posters you mentioned. I don't think we were being overly discouraging - I'm still looking for a good job and still have potentials out there.


as another one of those posters I'll add that I'm not worried about getting a job either! the market is still pretty bad and thats ok. OP is apparently worried about 0Ls reading this thread. so if there are any, my message to them would be that law school isn't that bad if you keep your debt down, it keeps the pressure off a little.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273044
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:48 pm

bumping this thread to get the ball rolling

moocow54
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:56 pm

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby moocow54 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:22 pm

Anyone do the NYC program?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273044
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:36 pm

moocow54 wrote:Anyone do the NYC program?


I am. Any idea how often people actually find jobs through the off-campus fairs? Seems like callbacks might be difficult with OCI starting a week later.

User avatar
JusticeHarlan
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby JusticeHarlan » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
moocow54 wrote:Anyone do the NYC program?


I am. Any idea how often people actually find jobs through the off-campus fairs? Seems like callbacks might be difficult with OCI starting a week later.

People definitely get offers from the NYC program. The other off-campus events aren't nearly as fruitful, but NYC one consistently produces offers.

Scheduling callbacks is tricky, but schedule them as fast as you can and feel free to skip as much class as needed to get all your interviews in.

User avatar
BlueLotus
Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby BlueLotus » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:33 pm

JusticeHarlan wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
moocow54 wrote:Anyone do the NYC program?


I am. Any idea how often people actually find jobs through the off-campus fairs? Seems like callbacks might be difficult with OCI starting a week later.

People definitely get offers from the NYC program. The other off-campus events aren't nearly as fruitful, but NYC one consistently produces offers.

Scheduling callbacks is tricky, but schedule them as fast as you can and feel free to skip as much class as needed to get all your interviews in.


JusticeHarlan, how does BC fare at EJW and the MassConsortium Gov/PI fairs?

User avatar
JusticeHarlan
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby JusticeHarlan » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:54 pm

BlueLotus wrote:
JusticeHarlan wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
moocow54 wrote:Anyone do the NYC program?


I am. Any idea how often people actually find jobs through the off-campus fairs? Seems like callbacks might be difficult with OCI starting a week later.

People definitely get offers from the NYC program. The other off-campus events aren't nearly as fruitful, but NYC one consistently produces offers.

Scheduling callbacks is tricky, but schedule them as fast as you can and feel free to skip as much class as needed to get all your interviews in.


JusticeHarlan, how does BC fare at EJW and the MassConsortium Gov/PI fairs?

I wasn't as tapped into public interest hiring as I was for firms, so I'm not the best person to answer this, but my impression was that people sometimes pull stuff but like all public interest, it's a crap-shoot.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273044
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:58 am

What sorts of options are available to BC folks who are below median? My GPA is a 3.006. I am aiming for public defender/Legal Aid/non-profit jerbs. Also small firms specializing in immigration and family law. Have strong grades in relevant classes (Family Law, Evidence, Immigration, etc.)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273044
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:54 am

Figured I'd try to revive this for 2015:

anyone from BU heard back about interviews yet? CDO said we might hear back today...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273044
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:56 pm

Bump

Anonymous User
Posts: 273044
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:15 pm

If you have any questions, I'm a 3L at one of these schools

Anonymous User
Posts: 273044
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:34 pm

Anyone heard from Goodwin or Cooley?

User avatar
esrom55
Posts: 254
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:43 pm

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby esrom55 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Figured I'd try to revive this for 2015:

anyone from BU heard back about interviews yet? CDO said we might hear back today...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273044
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:46 pm

Any word on goodwin?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273044
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:22 pm

Goodwin CBs are out at both schools

Anonymous User
Posts: 273044
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:24 pm

Any idea when they went out?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273044
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:26 pm

From what I can tell, it was dependent on the interviewer. A few were same day and the rest the next day.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273044
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:22 am

What about Ropes or Choate?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273044
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:51 am

Ropes and choate are out. But until you've been actually dinged you're still in the mix!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273044
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:11 am

any word from WilmerHale?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273044
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:25 am

Dinged from Wilmer yesterday. Has anyone been dinged from goodwin? Radio silence from them

Anonymous User
Posts: 273044
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:Dinged from Wilmer yesterday. Has anyone been dinged from goodwin? Radio silence from them


ah sorry to hear. BC or BU?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273044
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:55 am

BU

Anonymous User
Posts: 273044
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Dinged from Wilmer yesterday. Has anyone been dinged from goodwin? Radio silence from them

Got a Goodwin ding this morning. Choate ding came in yesterday. Anyone heard from Gunderson yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273044
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:37 pm

What about Proskauer?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.