BC/BU OCI

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:40 pm

Median at BC here, secondary journal. Just granted an alternate interview with a CT firm. Brings my grand total to four.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:40 pm

Just got one as well

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:47 pm

Has anyone at BU gotten a notice they're off the waitlist as an alternate? I'm hoping for Jones Day.

HWS08
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby HWS08 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:14 pm

Wasn't Nelson Mullins on the list of employers for BC OCI? I thought I applied there, but now I don't even see them listed in the full list of employers attending (including ones I did not bid on). Did they decide not to attend and I missed it?

BlueDiamond
Posts: 953
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby BlueDiamond » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:19 pm

HWS08 wrote:Wasn't Nelson Mullins on the list of employers for BC OCI? I thought I applied there, but now I don't even see them listed in the full list of employers attending (including ones I did not bid on). Did they decide not to attend and I missed it?


Moved to session 2

HWS08
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby HWS08 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:22 pm

BlueDiamond wrote:
HWS08 wrote:Wasn't Nelson Mullins on the list of employers for BC OCI? I thought I applied there, but now I don't even see them listed in the full list of employers attending (including ones I did not bid on). Did they decide not to attend and I missed it?


Moved to session 2


Thanks, I must have missed that email. We don't have those results yet, right?

BlueDiamond
Posts: 953
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby BlueDiamond » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:27 pm

HWS08 wrote:
BlueDiamond wrote:
HWS08 wrote:Wasn't Nelson Mullins on the list of employers for BC OCI? I thought I applied there, but now I don't even see them listed in the full list of employers attending (including ones I did not bid on). Did they decide not to attend and I missed it?


Moved to session 2


Thanks, I must have missed that email. We don't have those results yet, right?


I don't think there was an e-mail or if there was I don't remember it - so, likely not your fault at all.

And no, those results haven't come out yet.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any BU alternates?


Not sure about OCI, but for the NY fair, I think BU didn't start contacting alternates until the day after scheduling ended (i.e. should find out tomorrow).

Also about alternates, I have a bunch of them (10 or something) but mostly at really really selective firms, does that mean my alternates won't open up because no one declined an interview, or is there some other way that alternates get a spot?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any BU alternates?


Not sure about OCI, but for the NY fair, I think BU didn't start contacting alternates until the day after scheduling ended (i.e. should find out tomorrow).

Also about alternates, I have a bunch of them (10 or something) but mostly at really really selective firms, does that mean my alternates won't open up because no one declined an interview, or is there some other way that alternates get a spot?


I mostly declined firms that had Boston offices as well (like Goodwin and WilmerHale), but after that, the first on my list to turn down were places like Cravath and Skadden. I'm sure others thought this way as well.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:48 pm

I got an Alternate slot for BU OCI yesterday. Waiting for another one but it's pretty popular so I doubt I'll get it.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I got an Alternate slot for BU OCI yesterday. Waiting for another one but it's pretty popular so I doubt I'll get it.


I received 9 alternates. One best open up (though I doubt that'll be the case).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:59 pm

Any info on these ct firms? How big is the murtha burtha class?

User avatar
bostonlawchick
Posts: 439
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:09 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby bostonlawchick » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:20 am

Anonymous User wrote:Any info on these ct firms? How big is the murtha burtha class?


NALP directory says 2.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:I got an Alternate slot for BU OCI yesterday. Waiting for another one but it's pretty popular so I doubt I'll get it.


Which firm was it?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:46 am

Two BU alternate spots at top Boston firms opened up for me. Who's turning down these slots? Not complaining, but definitely surprised.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:37 am

I just received notice that I am off the alternate list for Jones Day (BU). I know two people who have dropped interviews. One had a big law job after her 1L summer and she initially bid to play it safe in case she got no offer. I also know someone who dropped interviews because of BLG interviews (there is overlap).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:57 am

Anonymous User wrote:I just received notice that I am off the alternate list for Jones Day (BU). I know two people who have dropped interviews. One had a big law job after her 1L summer and she initially bid to play it safe in case she got no offer. I also know someone who dropped interviews because of BLG interviews (there is overlap).


Does Jones Day have you interview for a particular office?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I just received notice that I am off the alternate list for Jones Day (BU). I know two people who have dropped interviews. One had a big law job after her 1L summer and she initially bid to play it safe in case she got no offer. I also know someone who dropped interviews because of BLG interviews (there is overlap).


Does Jones Day have you interview for a particular office?


I requested SF/SV. They may have put me as an alternate because it is über competitive and that office maybe takes just Boalt or Standford kids.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:12 pm

Also,3L's might have put in and withdrawn bids before they heard back on offers.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:32 pm

The NYC fair has open interview slots. Is it worth trying if they never selected me as a preselect or alternate?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:The NYC fair has open interview slots. Is it worth trying if they never selected me as a preselect or alternate?


saw this email too, but what does it even mean? free for all when they open?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:41 pm

Anyone care to share when no one else will be getting of Alt list (BU)? Or is this a process until the day before that firm interviews?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:52 pm

There may still be cancellations, so you may still get off the waitlist. People have to make a decision by the Wednesday before the interview, so if you haven't heard anything by the Thursday before, I would imagine your chances aren't as good.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:13 pm

Anyone hear back re: open slots for the NY job fair?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: BC/BU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:42 pm

If we have an interview with the same firm (different offices) twice- once in the off-campus fair and once with OCI- but the firm does not specifically prohibit multiple interviews, do we have to choose one office to interview with?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.