Signing up for the immigration component to boost DOJ chance

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Signing up for the immigration component to boost DOJ chance

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:48 pm

Does anyone have any experience with this? I really want to be a federal prosecutor and would love the chance to get my foot in the door and know that I can work my way through while on the inside. Has anyone strategically "gamed" the system/boost their chances of getting in the DOJ honors program by signing up for the immigration components? What time of work experience would you need?

JusticeJackson

Re: Signing up for the immigration component to boost DOJ chance

Postby JusticeJackson » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:10 pm

Last edited by JusticeJackson on Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:43 am

Asset forfeiture used to be a good way to get your foot in the door without trial experience, but maybe that's changed now.

LawIdiot86

Postby LawIdiot86 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone have any experience with this? I really want to be a federal prosecutor and would love the chance to get my foot in the door and know that I can work my way through while on the inside. Has anyone strategically "gamed" the system/boost their chances of getting in the DOJ honors program by signing up for the immigration components? What time of work experience would you need?

This won't work. There are enough people who are actually interested in immigration law that your efforts won't work. Their candidate will have perfect grades and have worked in an immigration clinic, interned with an immigration court, or spent a summer with something relevant in DHS.

Return to “Legal Employment”