Mass Mailing Question

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Zeile

Mass Mailing Question

Postby Zeile » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:29 am

Before mailing firms you cover letter and resume, is it best to contact the recruiting coordinator first and strike up a conversation so to speak, or should you just send an email with your materials attached to the designated contact? Furthermore, does one generally (assuming the firm doesn't specify) just include a cover letter and resume and indicate that a writing sample, transcript, and references can be provided -- or should all the materials be sent together as one?

jessuf

Re: Mass Mailing Question

Postby jessuf » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:35 am

Zeile wrote:Before mailing firms you cover letter and resume, is it best to contact the recruiting coordinator first and strike up a conversation so to speak, or should you just send an email with your materials attached to the designated contact? Furthermore, does one generally (assuming the firm doesn't specify) just include a cover letter and resume and indicate that a writing sample, transcript, and references can be provided -- or should all the materials be sent together as one?

What is the point of the conversation? I only see the point in contacting them first if you have a question. I had a PDF packet with cover letter, resume, transcript, and writing sample. I said references could be provided. I sent this via e-mail. Some firms, though, want you to apply online through their website.

fatduck

Re: Mass Mailing Question

Postby fatduck » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:59 am

take her out for a nice seafood dinner and never call her again

Return to “Legal Employment”