Vandy--> DC

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Vandy--> DC

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:18 am

Somewhere inside the top 20% at Vandy (they don't rank us beyond that but I approximate between 17-20% is where I lie). Interested in DC. Any thoughts on which firms I should focus on? Do I even have a real shot? Thanks.

AllTheLawz

Re: Vandy--> DC

Postby AllTheLawz » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Somewhere inside the top 20% at Vandy (they don't rank us beyond that but I approximate between 17-20% is where I lie). Interested in DC. Any thoughts on which firms I should focus on? Do I even have a real shot? Thanks.

Will be extremely difficult. HYS kids are gunning like crazy for DC plus you have to compete with the solid local schools. If that wasnt bad enough, class sizes are still pretty small in DC for the most part. In terms of pretty big firms you might try for Dickstein Shapiro and firms of that ilk.. beyond that their are a bunch of solid smaller firms that tend to pay a little below 160 that you should take a shot at (do a NALP search). I would most definitely not make DC the focal point of your search though.

Return to “Legal Employment”