Transfer to GW - Critique my Bid List

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
TNFSkier16

Re: Transfer to GW - Critique my Bid List

Postby TNFSkier16 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:29 pm

Well there's jobs out there for 70-120k definitely. Plus who says I have to work at a firm? I could do consulting and easily make 70K + w/ WE.

ajaxconstructions

Postby ajaxconstructions » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:30 pm

TNFSkier16 wrote:Well there's jobs out there for 70-120k definitely. Plus who says I have to work at a firm? I could do consulting and easily make 70K + w/ WE.

Are you this fucking delusional? I hope you have great work experience because it's an uphill battle from here my friend.

TNFSkier16

Postby TNFSkier16 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:32 pm

No I'm not fucking delusional. You're just an asshole who likes to make people feel like losers. I know its bad out there but you're going to extremes.

ajaxconstructions

Postby ajaxconstructions » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:33 pm

TNFSkier16 wrote:No I'm not fucking delusional. You're just an asshole who likes to make people feel like losers. I know its bad out there but you're going to extremes.

40-50k is not going to extremes. It's extremely realistic.

chasgoose

Postby chasgoose » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:34 pm

Yeah legal salaries are bimodal... After big law, which, as others have said isn't looking good, the salaries drop down to the 50-80k range. That's why so many law students are big law or bust. You need to sit down with your career office and formulate a realistic plan sooner rather than later if you don't want to be making 50-60k

Return to “Legal Employment”