ITT We judge each others' bidlists

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
tedalbany
Posts: 1697
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:15 pm

ITT We judge each others' bidlists

Postby tedalbany » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:47 pm

Saw a thread on this last year and it was more helpful than expected, so let's do it again.
Post your bidlist, rank, school (or range, but it doesn't really matter since you'll presumably be anon), and anything else that helps (Pre-Select or Lottery?, Journal? IP? WE?)

Anonymous User
Posts: 292856
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: ITT We judge each others' bidlists

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:08 pm

I left my real one on my work comp but it is something like this:

Michigan top 1/3, secondary journal, lottery OCI. D.C. born and bred but have workable ties to Houston. Numbers 1-4 are firms I think will fill up fast.

1) Milbank, NYC
2) Chadbourne & Parke, NYC
3) Sutherland, DC
4) Locke Lord, Houston
5) Crowell & Morning, DC
6) Hogan Lovells, DC
7) Venable, DC
8.) Vinson & Elkins, Houston
9) Akin Gump, DC
10) Latham, Houston+ NYC
11) Allan & Overy NY
12) Baker Botts, Houston
13) Shearman & Sterling, NY
14) Kirkland D.C
15) Gibson Dunn, NYC
16) Haynes and Boone, Houston
17) Jones Day, NYC
18) Paul Hastings, NYC
19) Fried Frank, NY
20) Paul Wiess, NY

Anonymous User
Posts: 292856
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: ITT We judge each others' bidlists

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:09 pm

3.55 (h in legal practice? does that matter?) / M

bidding only in NY

Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
White & Case
Milbank Tweed Hadley & McCloy
Cadwalader Wickersham & Taft
Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson
Kirkland & Ellis
Shearman & Sterling
Sidley Austin
Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison
Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
Cleary, Gottlieb, Steen & Hamilton LLP
Cravath, Swaine & Moore
Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
Schiff Hardin LLP
Simpson Thacher & Bartlett
Proskauer
Allen & Overy
Latham & Watkins
Linklaters
Jones Day
Gibson Dunn & Crutcher
Paul Hastings Janofsky & Walker
Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
Ropes & Gray
Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
Dechert

Thoughts on including WilmerHale LLP , Alston & Bird ?

Anonymous User
Posts: 292856
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: ITT We judge each others' bidlists

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:47 pm

GULC. Pure lottery. Top 20 bids all get your resume. In this order:

Venable
Sutherland Asbill
Winston Strawn
Akin Gump
Kaye Scholer
Goodwin Procter
Morgan Lewis
Allen & Overy
Kirkland Ellis
White & Case
Skadden
Cadwalader
Kasowitz
Shearman
Millbank
Sidley Austin
Latham
Hogan Lovells
Jones Day
Cahill

Any firms I should switch around to increase my chances of getting an interview through the lottery? (All NYC or DC offices)

User avatar
FlightoftheEarls
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:50 pm

Re: ITT We judge each others' bidlists

Postby FlightoftheEarls » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:3.55 (h in legal practice? does that matter?) / M

bidding only in NY

Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
White & Case
Milbank Tweed Hadley & McCloy
Cadwalader Wickersham & Taft
Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson
Kirkland & Ellis
Shearman & Sterling
Sidley Austin
Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison
Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
Cleary, Gottlieb, Steen & Hamilton LLP
Cravath, Swaine & Moore
Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
Schiff Hardin LLP
Simpson Thacher & Bartlett
Proskauer
Allen & Overy
Latham & Watkins
Linklaters
Jones Day
Gibson Dunn & Crutcher
Paul Hastings Janofsky & Walker
Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
Ropes & Gray
Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
Dechert

Thoughts on including WilmerHale LLP , Alston & Bird ?

Debevoise, Cravath, and Cleary are something of a reach and I just don't see it filling up, so I would move them down. You won't get JD or Linklaters that low (and probably not Schulte, Dechert, Stroock, Proskauer, Latham, etc., either). The top of my list would be entirely firms in the 3.3-3.45 range, the 15-25s in the 3.5 range, and the firms above that from 26-30. If you have a particular affinity for a firm that you just can't stand to not have, make a few exceptions to keep them higher, but I'd be legitimately worried that I'd only land Weil, W&C, Milbank, Cad, FF, K&E, Deb, PW, Cleary, Cravath, DPW, and STB with this order. That's 12 firms, and about half of them are fairly selective.

Anonymous User wrote:I left my real one on my work comp but it is something like this:

Michigan top 1/3, secondary journal, lottery OCI. D.C. born and bred but have workable ties to Houston. Numbers 1-4 are firms I think will fill up fast.

1) Milbank, NYC
2) Chadbourne & Parke, NYC
3) Sutherland, DC
4) Locke Lord, Houston
5) Crowell & Morning, DC
6) Hogan Lovells, DC
7) Venable, DC
8.) Vinson & Elkins, Houston
9) Akin Gump, DC
10) Latham, Houston+ NYC
11) Allan & Overy NY
12) Baker Botts, Houston
13) Shearman & Sterling, NY
14) Kirkland D.C
15) Gibson Dunn, NYC
16) Haynes and Boone, Houston
17) Jones Day, NYC
18) Paul Hastings, NYC
19) Fried Frank, NY
20) Paul Wiess, NY

D.C. isn't my area of familiarity - sorry. Any reason for only 20 bids listed, though? Easier to evaluate if you have the full 30 listed.

Anonymous User
Posts: 292856
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: ITT We judge each others' bidlists

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:54 pm

FlightoftheEarls wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I left my real one on my work comp but it is something like this:


D.C. isn't my area of familiarity - sorry. Any reason for only 20 bids listed, though? Easier to evaluate if you have the full 30 listed.


Thanks anyway. I have a full one at work and couldn't remember exactly what I have down after that. Really after 20 I just started doing the highest GPA firms because I imagine most firms will fill up.

Anonymous User
Posts: 292856
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: ITT We judge each others' bidlists

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:59 pm

Same guy from the old bidlist thread, I've reworked my list a lot.

Top ~15% at Fordham, 60% pre-select, 40% lottery

1. Mayer Brown LLP
2. Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
3. Linklaters
4. Clifford Chance US LLP
5. White & Case LLP
6. Shearman & Sterling LLP
7. Goodwin Procter LLP
8. Kaye Scholer LLP
9. Fried Frank Harris Shriver & Jacobson LLP
10. Hogan Lovells LLP
11. Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
12. Winston & Strawn LLP
13. Holland & Knight LLP
14. Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
15. Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
16. Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
17. Proskauer Rose LLP
18. Kramer, Levin, Naftalis & Frankel LLP
19. Pillsbury Winthrop LLP
20. Patton Boggs LLP
21. Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
22. Chadbourne & Parke LLP
23. Bryan Cave LLP
24. Nixon Peabody LLP
25. Brown Rudnick LLP
26. Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
27. Dechert LLP
28. Greenberg Traurig LLP
29. O'Melveny & Myers LLP
30. Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
31. Seward & Kissel LLP
32. Carter Ledyard & Milburn LLP
33. Riker, Danzig, Scherer, Hyland & Perretti LLP
34. Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
35. Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP

I want 3-6 the most, but I also like 1-2, but they only have 21 screeners (with 8 going to lottery bids), so I'm pretty sure I won't get them unless I make them my top. My strategy is to minimize any wasted bids, so I'm trying not to be too aggressive.

Anonymous User
Posts: 292856
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: ITT We judge each others' bidlists

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:GULC. Pure lottery. Top 20 bids all get your resume. In this order:

Venable
Sutherland Asbill
Winston Strawn
Akin Gump
Kaye Scholer
Goodwin Procter
Morgan Lewis
Allen & Overy
Kirkland Ellis
White & Case
Skadden
Cadwalader
Kasowitz
Shearman
Millbank
Sidley Austin
Latham
Hogan Lovells
Jones Day
Cahill

Any firms I should switch around to increase my chances of getting an interview through the lottery? (All NYC or DC offices)


The wisdom of this depends on your gpa. In general, the less selective firms with mid to large class sizes are going to be the most popular so they need to be at the top.

Anonymous User
Posts: 292856
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: ITT We judge each others' bidlists

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:02 pm

3.51 @ Duke. (3.3 median, top 1/3 or slightly higher), NYC offices only (except holland and knight for fl w/ ties). Interested primarily in litigation, but number one priority is locking down an offer. Pure lottery system.

Cahill – 21 slots
Proskauer – 21 slots
Cadwalader – 42 slots
Milbank – 42 slots
Shearman – 42 slots
Fried Frank -21 slots
Kasowitz - 21 slots
Linklaters – 42 spots
Skadden – 42 slots
Latham – 20
Gibson Dunn – 20 slots
Weil – 63 slots
Ropes Gray – 84 spots
Holland & Knight - 21 slots
White & Case – 42 slots
Jones Day – 63 spots
Simpson Thatcher – 63 slots
Davis Polk – 63 spots
Cleary – 42 slots
Paul Hastings – 105 spots
Wilmer Hale – 21 spots
Dechert – 21 slots
Hogan Lovells – 21 spots
Allen & Overy -21 spots
Hughes Hubbard
Strook
Seward
Sidley Austin
MoFo
Clifford Chance

Anonymous User
Posts: 292856
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: ITT We judge each others' bidlists

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:03 am

3.0 Virginia (lottery/preselect) any advice?

Sullivan & Cromwell
Simpson Thacher & Bartlett
Squire, Sanders & Dempsey,
Arent Fox Washington DC
Bracewell Guiliani
clearly new york
Gunderson Detmer SF
Ballard and Spahr Arizona
Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner (Palo Alto, CA)
Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton (San Francisco, CA)
Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP (Riverside, CA)
Ropes & Gray (San Francisco, CA)
Steptoe & Johnson (pheonix)
Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
Chapman and Cutler (Chicago, IL
Jenner & Block (Chicago, IL)
Brown Rudnick (New York, NY)
Cahill, Gordon & Reindel (New York, NY)
Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle (New York, NY)
Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson (New York, NY)
King & Spalding (New York, NY)
Schulte Roth & Zabel (New York, NY)

User avatar
koalatriste
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: ITT We judge each others' bidlists

Postby koalatriste » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:3.0 Virginia (lottery/preselect) any advice?

Sullivan & Cromwell
Simpson Thacher & Bartlett
Squire, Sanders & Dempsey,
Arent Fox Washington DC
Bracewell Guiliani
clearly new york
Gunderson Detmer SF
Ballard and Spahr Arizona
Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner (Palo Alto, CA)
Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton (San Francisco, CA)
Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP (Riverside, CA)
Ropes & Gray (San Francisco, CA)
Steptoe & Johnson (pheonix)
Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
Chapman and Cutler (Chicago, IL
Jenner & Block (Chicago, IL)
Brown Rudnick (New York, NY)
Cahill, Gordon & Reindel (New York, NY)
Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle (New York, NY)
Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson (New York, NY)
King & Spalding (New York, NY)
Schulte Roth & Zabel (New York, NY)


i'd recommend basically starting over. is this a joke? CLEARLY new york . . . come on.

focus on one market (to which you have ties) and only bid firms that have large class sizes and aren't selective.

Anonymous User
Posts: 292856
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: ITT We judge each others' bidlists

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:40 am

UVA top 1/4, all NYC, only want corp:

Skadden
Willkie
Weil
White & Case
Linklaters
Cadwalader
Simpson Thacher
Sidley Austin
Schulte
Gibson Dunn
Morgan Lewis
Latham
Shearman
Paul Hastings
Dechert
Proskauer Rose
Cahill Gordon
Akin Gump
Clifford Chance
Stroock
Fried Frank
Jones Day
Kasowitz Benson
Mayer Brown
Orrick
Katten Muchin
Chadbourne & Parke
Curtis, Mallet-Prevost
Freshfields
Davis Polk
Brown Rudnick
Allen & Overy

Anonymous User
Posts: 292856
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: ITT We judge each others' bidlists

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:UVA top 1/4, all NYC, only want corp:

Skadden
Willkie
Weil
White & Case
Linklaters
Cadwalader
Simpson Thacher
Sidley Austin
Schulte
Gibson Dunn
Morgan Lewis
Latham
Shearman
Paul Hastings
Dechert
Proskauer Rose
Cahill Gordon
Akin Gump
Clifford Chance
Stroock
Fried Frank
Jones Day
Kasowitz Benson
Mayer Brown
Orrick
Katten Muchin
Chadbourne & Parke
Curtis, Mallet-Prevost
Freshfields
Davis Polk
Brown Rudnick
Allen & Overy


This looks very similar to mine (top 1/5 at Penn, only want NYC corp too), so I think it looks good, but would be interested to hear what others think

Anonymous User
Posts: 292856
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: ITT We judge each others' bidlists

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:10 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:UVA top 1/4, all NYC, only want corp:

Skadden
Willkie
Weil
White & Case
Linklaters
Cadwalader
Simpson Thacher
Sidley Austin
Schulte
Gibson Dunn
Morgan Lewis
Latham
Shearman
Paul Hastings
Dechert
Proskauer Rose
Cahill Gordon
Akin Gump
Clifford Chance
Stroock
Fried Frank
Jones Day
Kasowitz Benson
Mayer Brown
Orrick
Katten Muchin
Chadbourne & Parke
Curtis, Mallet-Prevost
Freshfields
Davis Polk
Brown Rudnick
Allen & Overy


This looks very similar to mine (top 1/5 at Penn, only want NYC corp too), so I think it looks good, but would be interested to hear what others think

Can you post yours? Would be helpful to take a look.

Anonymous User
Posts: 292856
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: ITT We judge each others' bidlists

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:15 am

koalatriste wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:3.0 Virginia (lottery/preselect) any advice?

Sullivan & Cromwell
Simpson Thacher & Bartlett
Squire, Sanders & Dempsey,
Arent Fox Washington DC
Bracewell Guiliani
clearly new york
Gunderson Detmer SF
Ballard and Spahr Arizona
Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner (Palo Alto, CA)
Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton (San Francisco, CA)
Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP (Riverside, CA)
Ropes & Gray (San Francisco, CA)
Steptoe & Johnson (pheonix)
Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
Chapman and Cutler (Chicago, IL
Jenner & Block (Chicago, IL)
Brown Rudnick (New York, NY)
Cahill, Gordon & Reindel (New York, NY)
Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle (New York, NY)
Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson (New York, NY)
King & Spalding (New York, NY)
Schulte Roth & Zabel (New York, NY)


i'd recommend basically starting over. is this a joke? CLEARLY new york . . . come on.

focus on one market (to which you have ties) and only bid firms that have large class sizes and aren't selective.


OP above, my first bids are ALL to a market I have ties in. This is the left over that I am having a really hard time with. No one can give me a straight answer on which firms are not selective so to be honest I was just going of previous data.

If you can help that would be great. I am kinda lost.

Anonymous User
Posts: 292856
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: ITT We judge each others' bidlists

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:
koalatriste wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:3.0 Virginia (lottery/preselect) any advice?

Sullivan & Cromwell
Simpson Thacher & Bartlett
Squire, Sanders & Dempsey,
Arent Fox Washington DC
Bracewell Guiliani
clearly new york
Gunderson Detmer SF
Ballard and Spahr Arizona
Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner (Palo Alto, CA)
Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton (San Francisco, CA)
Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP (Riverside, CA)
Ropes & Gray (San Francisco, CA)
Steptoe & Johnson (pheonix)
Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
Chapman and Cutler (Chicago, IL
Jenner & Block (Chicago, IL)
Brown Rudnick (New York, NY)
Cahill, Gordon & Reindel (New York, NY)
Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle (New York, NY)
Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson (New York, NY)
King & Spalding (New York, NY)
Schulte Roth & Zabel (New York, NY)


i'd recommend basically starting over. is this a joke? CLEARLY new york . . . come on.

focus on one market (to which you have ties) and only bid firms that have large class sizes and aren't selective.


OP above, my first bids are ALL to a market I have ties in. This is the left over that I am having a really hard time with. No one can give me a straight answer on which firms are not selective so to be honest I was just going of previous data.

If you can help that would be great. I am kinda lost.


not original poster to suggest starting over, but I second him/her. S&C, STB, and Cleary are all known to be selective as they're all v10 firms. 3.0 at UVA probably isn't going to cut it, even with WE.

splitting up your bids between nyc, all over CA, and random chicago and phoenix firms is risky and many would say silly. if you don't have ties to chicago, why bid on two chicago firms so low down the list? and if you do have chicago ties and want to work there, then bid chicago firms. same with CA and AZ. The way to think about it is to strive for maximization of (1) getting an interview; and (most importantly) (2) getting an offer. it's fine to throw a few reaches in there, but ultimately this bid list represents many wasted bids, IMHO.

Anonymous User
Posts: 292856
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: ITT We judge each others' bidlists

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:40 am

.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 292856
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: ITT We judge each others' bidlists

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:52 am

I'm median (probably a little above) with relevant work experience. I have ironclad ties to Philadelphia, which is my first choice, followed by London and NYC. I'm also doing the California regional OCI for San Francisco and plan to "mass mail" some more firms out there so I haven't included any on this list so I can save my bids. I tried not to be either too aggressive or too conservative with my list. I'm not entirely sure what I want to do yet -- but I do know that I want/need BigLaw. Getting some sort of offer in my hand is my first goal. I've listed the firms, city, and number of interview slots, in the order I plan on bidding them. Any and all advice and input is much appreciative.

Also, how do people feel about interviewing with the same firm at multiple offices? Doesn't this make it more difficult to demonstrate to them that you are dedicated to a particular location/office? Thoughts and feelings on doing this?

1.) Saul Ewing LLP -- Philly -- 20 (Shared with 2 other offices)
2.) Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP -- London -- 40 (Shared with 4 other offices)
3.) Dechert LLP -- London -- 20
4.) Allen & Overy LLP -- London -- 20
5.) Kasowitz Benson Torres & Friedman LLP -- NYC -- 20
6.) Linklaters LLP -- NYC -- 40
7.) Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP -- NYC -- 20
8.) Shearman & Sterling LLP -- NYC -- 80
9.) Stradley Ronon Stevens & Young, LLP -- Philly -- 20
10.) Reed Smith -- Philly -- 20
11.) Cozen O'Connor -- Philly -- 40
12.) Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP -- Philly -- 40
13.) Blank Rome LLP -- Philly -- 40
14.) Duane Morris LLP -- Philly -- 60
15.) Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP -- Philly -- 60
16.) Baker & Hostetler LLP -- NYC -- 20
17.) Sidley Austin LLP -- NYC -- 40
18.) Ballard Spahr LLP -- Philly -- 57
19.) Paul Hastings LLP -- NYC -- 40
20.) Kaye Scholer LLP -- NYC -- 40
21.) Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP -- NYC -- 60
22.) Proskauer LLP -- NYC -- 60
23.) Pepper Hamilton LLP -- Philly -- 80
24.) Dechert LLP -- Philly -- 80
25.) Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP -- NYC -- 100
26.) Manko, Gold, Katcher & Fox, LLP -- Philly Burbs -- 20
27.) Archer & Greiner, P.C. -- Philly Burbs -- 20
28.) Fox Rothschild LLP -- Philly -- 20 (Shared with 7 other offices)
29.) Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP -- NYC -- 48
30.) K&L Gates LLP -- Pittsburgh -- 20 (Shared with 4 other offices)
31.) Dechert LLP -- NYC -- 60
32.) Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP -- Philly 40
33.) Clifford Chance US LLP -- NYC -- 64
34.) Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP -- NYC -- 60
35.) Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP -- NYC -- 60
36.) Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP -- NYC -- 80
37.) Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP -- NYC -- 80
38.) Perkins Coie LLP -- Portland -- 20 (Shared with 4 other offices)
39.) DLA Piper -- Baltimore -- 20 (Shared with 2 other offices)
40.) White & Case LLP -- NYC -- 60
41.) Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP -- NYC -- 60
42.) Social Security Administration, Office of the General Counsel -- Philly -- 7
43.) Jones Day -- Pittsburgh -- 20 (Shared with 8 other offices)
44.) Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP -- Pittsburgh -- 4
45.) Reed Smith -- Pittsburgh -- 10
46.) Thorp Reed & Armstrong, LLP -- Pittsburgh -- 9
47.) Fox Rothschild LLP -- Philly Burbs -- 20 (Shared)
48.) Fox Rothschild LLP -- Philly Burbs -- 20 (Shared)
49.) Irell & Manella LLP -- LA -- 20
50.) Proskauer LLP -- Boston -- 20
51.) Winston & Strawn LLP -- NYC -- 35
52.) Nutter McClennen & Fish LLP -- Boston -- 20
53.) Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, P.C. --Boston -- 20
54.) Goodwin Procter LLP -- Boston -- 20
55.) Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP -- London -- 20
56.) WilmerHale LLP -- Boston -- 20
57.) DLA Piper -- Baltimore -- 20 (Shared)
58.) Miles & Stockbridge P.C. -- Baltimore -- 20
59.) O'Melveny & Myers LLP -- LA -- 20
60.) O'Melveny & Myers LLP -- New York -- 40

drd
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:52 pm

Re: ITT We judge each others' bidlists

Postby drd » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:UVA top 1/4, all NYC, only want corp:

Skadden
Willkie
Weil
White & Case
Linklaters
Cadwalader
Simpson Thacher
Sidley Austin
Schulte
Gibson Dunn
Morgan Lewis
Latham
Shearman
Paul Hastings
Dechert
Proskauer Rose
Cahill Gordon
Akin Gump
Clifford Chance
Stroock
Fried Frank
Jones Day
Kasowitz Benson
Mayer Brown
Orrick
Katten Muchin
Chadbourne & Parke
Curtis, Mallet-Prevost
Freshfields
Davis Polk
Brown Rudnick
Allen & Overy


This looks very similar to mine (top 1/5 at Penn, only want NYC corp too), so I think it looks good, but would be interested to hear what others think

Can you post yours? Would be helpful to take a look.


PM me

User avatar
Gecko of Doom
Posts: 415
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:32 pm

Re: ITT We judge each others' bidlists

Postby Gecko of Doom » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:15 pm

PSA: don't bid Kasowitz if you only want corporate.

Also, tag.

User avatar
jess
Posts: 16296
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: ITT We judge each others' bidlists

Postby jess » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:56 pm

Gecko of Doom wrote:PSA: don't bid Kasowitz if you only want corporate.

Also, tag.


why not? i thought their main focus was commercial litigation.

User avatar
Gecko of Doom
Posts: 415
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:32 pm

Re: ITT We judge each others' bidlists

Postby Gecko of Doom » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:32 pm

Jessuf wrote:
Gecko of Doom wrote:PSA: don't bid Kasowitz if you only want corporate.

Also, tag.


why not? i thought their main focus was commercial litigation.

Yeah, it is. I was assuming that by "corporate," above posters meant "transactional," which Kasowitz does virtually none of. If that's not what they meant, my bad. Bid away.

Anonymous User
Posts: 292856
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: ITT We judge each others' bidlists

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:02 pm

koalatriste wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:3.0 Virginia (lottery/preselect) any advice?



i'd recommend basically starting over. is this a joke? CLEARLY new york . . . come on.

focus on one market (to which you have ties) and only bid firms that have large class sizes and aren't selective.


Hey OP above,

I re-did the end of my list does this make more sense:?
Boies , Schiller Las Vegas (?)
Dorsey & Whitney Seattle WA
Chadbourne & Park New York
Bracewell Guiliani
Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle (New York, NY)
Ballard and Spahr Arizona
Steptoe & Johnson (pheonix)
Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
Strook (NY)
Jenner & Block NY
Brown Rudnick (New York, NY)
Cahill, Gordon & Reindel (New York, NY)
Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson (New York, NY)
King & Spalding (New York, NY)
Schulte Roth & Zabel (New York, NY)
Drinker Biddle & Reath DC
Nutter, Mclennen & Fish Boston
Seward & Kissel New York
Venable New York
Powers Pyles Sutter
Haynes and Boone New York

the reason I bid AZ and WA is because I would like to stay on the west coast.

Anonymous User
Posts: 292856
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: ITT We judge each others' bidlists

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
koalatriste wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:3.0 Virginia (lottery/preselect) any advice?



i'd recommend basically starting over. is this a joke? CLEARLY new york . . . come on.

focus on one market (to which you have ties) and only bid firms that have large class sizes and aren't selective.


Hey OP above,

I re-did the end of my list does this make more sense:?
Boies , Schiller Las Vegas (?)
Dorsey & Whitney Seattle WA
Chadbourne & Park New York
Bracewell Guiliani
Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle (New York, NY)
Ballard and Spahr Arizona
Steptoe & Johnson (pheonix)
Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
Strook (NY)
Jenner & Block NY
Brown Rudnick (New York, NY)
Cahill, Gordon & Reindel (New York, NY)
Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson (New York, NY)
King & Spalding (New York, NY)
Schulte Roth & Zabel (New York, NY)
Drinker Biddle & Reath DC
Nutter, Mclennen & Fish Boston
Seward & Kissel New York
Venable New York
Powers Pyles Sutter
Haynes and Boone New York

the reason I bid AZ and WA is because I would like to stay on the west coast.



Boies Schiller Las Vegas is doing OCI? It's like a 3-attorney office.

JusticeJackson
Posts: 474
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:26 am

Re: ITT We judge each others' bidlists

Postby JusticeJackson » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:50 am

.
Last edited by JusticeJackson on Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.