Too late for Fall intern/externship?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
tedalbany

Too late for Fall intern/externship?

Postby tedalbany » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:02 pm

I've been wanting to work on obtaining a fall internship or externship but I keep putting it off... do you guys think it's too late for that now? What are the best places to apply to for a semester internship? Does having one help out at OCI (at least to the extent of a secondary journal)?

ETA: Rising 2L

eandy

Re: Too late for Fall intern/externship?

Postby eandy » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:03 pm

Maybe I'm wrong, but aren't those usually arranged through the school somehow? For example, at my school, you have completely missed the boat after registration.

tedalbany

Postby tedalbany » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:05 pm

eandy wrote:Maybe I'm wrong, but aren't those usually arranged through the school somehow? For example, at my school, you have completely missed the boat after registration.

I think at my school you just obtain one on your own then you can add the credits if you want. It doesn't have to be an externship (or for credit of any kind), I just sorta missed the boat on school-sponsored extracurriculars and want to have SOMETHING extra this fall, even a part time job in some legal capacity would work.

adt231

Postby adt231 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:24 pm

tedalbany wrote:
eandy wrote:Maybe I'm wrong, but aren't those usually arranged through the school somehow? For example, at my school, you have completely missed the boat after registration.

I think at my school you just obtain one on your own then you can add the credits if you want. It doesn't have to be an externship (or for credit of any kind), I just sorta missed the boat on school-sponsored extracurriculars and want to have SOMETHING extra this fall, even a part time job in some legal capacity would work.

Not sure what you are asking here. Are you wondering if it's worth the effort of reaching out to places to see they'll give you an internship for the fall? If so, I'm wondering the same thing and I'm just going to proceed as though it's possible until it starts to look grim. (also a rising 2L)

akili

Postby akili » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:44 pm

I applied 2 weeks ago for the fall (rising 2L as well) and my career counselor made it sound like I was way ahead of the game. I think there are still plenty of spots.

piccolittle

Postby piccolittle » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:56 pm

I've only seen one or two job postings for fall, and most places I've applied to told me they won't be reaching out about interviews for a few weeks at least.

Return to “Legal Employment”