Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Is there a consensus on the number of callbacks necessary to safely assume I'll get an offer? Firms are mostly V50-V100, all with ~50% CB to offer ratios. Class sizes vary from 5-30. Some NYC, many not.

I desperately want to stop mass mailing. I am so fucking burned out from EIP/prepping/mass mailing that I'm pretty sure my CB performance will start suffering if I keep it up. And I have had 0 positive responses to my mass mails so far.

Hope this doesn't come across as trolling. As always, best of luck to everyone.


This is going to depend on how you interview. I would rack up as many as possible if you did weak at EIP--which might suggest that you're not a particularly strong interviewer.

Barring some issue with mis-bidding based on your grades:

If you did something like 20/25 at EIP, I'd say 4-5 CBs and your safe.

But if you were more in the 2-6/25 range, then you need to take as many interviews as possible and you need to just deal with it. Suck it up for a few weeks, this is your summer job and possibly beginning of your career as a young associate. You didn't come to law school and bust your ass first year to wimp out now.


Can you explain what "2-6/25 range" means?


Between 2/25 CBs and 6/25 CBs.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Is there a consensus on the number of callbacks necessary to safely assume I'll get an offer? Firms are mostly V50-V100, all with ~50% CB to offer ratios. Class sizes vary from 5-30. Some NYC, many not.

I desperately want to stop mass mailing. I am so fucking burned out from EIP/prepping/mass mailing that I'm pretty sure my CB performance will start suffering if I keep it up. And I have had 0 positive responses to my mass mails so far.

Hope this doesn't come across as trolling. As always, best of luck to everyone.


This is going to depend on how you interview. I would rack up as many as possible if you did weak at EIP--which might suggest that you're not a particularly strong interviewer.

Barring some issue with mis-bidding based on your grades:

If you did something like 20/25 at EIP, I'd say 4-5 CBs and your safe.

But if you were more in the 2-6/25 range, then you need to take as many interviews as possible and you need to just deal with it. Suck it up for a few weeks, this is your summer job and possibly beginning of your career as a young associate. You didn't come to law school and bust your ass first year to wimp out now.


Can you explain what "2-6/25 range" means?


Between 2/25 CBs and 6/25 CBs.


if "2-6/25" means "Between 2/25 CBs and 6/25 CBs," then what do "20/25" and "4-5 CBs and your safe" mean? 20 CBs or 4-5 CBs? I am so confused.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:04 am

Anonymous User wrote:
if "2-6/25" means "Between 2/25 CBs and 6/25 CBs," then what do "20/25" and "4-5 CBs and your safe" mean? 20 CBs or 4-5 CBs? I am so confused.


Lol, just take it easy and scour as wide of a net as possible. Sounds like you'll need more than 4-5 CBs to be safe.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:12 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Offer from Cravath's Sat. CB.

LOL at Sat. CB, and extra LOL at Sunday offer.
What's the usual turn around on Cravath CBs? If I we haven't heard back yet from a thurs or fri CB is it a ding?


I think it's generally same-day offers, unless you interview on a Saturday, in which case the hiring partners might not be in.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:48 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Offer from Cravath's Sat. CB.

LOL at Sat. CB, and extra LOL at Sunday offer.
What's the usual turn around on Cravath CBs? If I we haven't heard back yet from a thurs or fri CB is it a ding?


I think it's generally same-day offers, unless you interview on a Saturday, in which case the hiring partners might not be in.


Probs a ding. I had a Sat. Interview and got a sunday offer. I know of two other people who had a Friday CB and a Sunday offer too.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:18 am

Has anyone heard back from the LA offices of either akin or gibson re: initial interview at eip? Thanks!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:51 am

Anyone hear anything from Mayer Brown?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:04 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear anything from Mayer Brown?


CB - yes, received an invite last Thursday via phone.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:06 am

Anyone hear back from Paul Hastings NY (LD)?
Ding emails, snail mails, anything?!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:07 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear back from Paul Hastings NY (LD)?
Ding emails, snail mails, anything?!


CB last Wednesday with LD.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:19 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear anything from Mayer Brown?


CB - yes, received an invite last Thursday via phone.

Interviewer?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:33 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear anything from Mayer Brown?


CB - yes, received an invite last Thursday via phone.

Interviewer?


UU

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:29 pm

Any CB info from Kirkland San Francisco or from Gunderson?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any CB info from Kirkland San Francisco or from Gunderson?


Yes, got CB with Kirkland SF last week sometime

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:46 pm

Has anyone heard anything, post-callback, from any of the following (all NY):
- Jones Day (I know of one same day offer from this thread, anyone else)?
- Milbank
- Willkie
- Proskauer
- Clifford
- Freshfields
Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard anything, post-callback, from any of the following (all NY):
- Jones Day (I know of one same day offer from this thread, anyone else)?
- Milbank
- Wilkie
- Proskauer
- Clifford
- Freshfields

Different school but I know of someone who got a Freshfields offer around a week after her CB.

User avatar
CLSNerd2014
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:39 pm

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby CLSNerd2014 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:51 pm

Davis Polk callback yesterday afternoon, offer a little while ago.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard anything, post-callback, from any of the following (all NY):
- Jones Day (I know of one same day offer from this thread, anyone else)?
- Milbank
- Willkie
- Proskauer
- Clifford
- Freshfields


People have heard from Clifford

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard anything, post-callback, from any of the following (all NY):
- Jones Day (I know of one same day offer from this thread, anyone else)?
- Milbank
- Willkie
- Proskauer
- Clifford
- Freshfields

Different school but I know of someone who got a Freshfields offer around a week after her CB.


Thanks - any idea when this was?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard anything, post-callback, from any of the following (all NY):
- Jones Day (I know of one same day offer from this thread, anyone else)?
- Milbank
- Willkie
- Proskauer
- Clifford
- Freshfields

Different school but I know of someone who got a Freshfields offer around a week after her CB.


Thanks - any idea when this was?

Yesterday

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:25 pm

Where are people sitting with Winston & Strawn?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:38 pm

My EIP process is done. CBs completed, and I'm soooooo friggin happy.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:My EIP process is done. CBs completed, and I'm soooooo friggin happy.


Did you do them all in a row??

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:17 pm

Anyone hear back from skadden ny who did the super Friday thing? They said the committe wud meet on Tuesday, so assume the calls have gone out

User avatar
CLSNerd2014
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:39 pm

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby CLSNerd2014 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:My EIP process is done. CBs completed, and I'm soooooo friggin happy.


Whaaaat! Congratulations! I didn't even START until Monday, so...




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.