Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:anyone hear from Latham or Weil NY?


Latham did same day CB's. I dont know about CB->offer

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:07 pm

Is anyone going to the S&C dinner tonight? And if so, what are you going to wear? The invitation says Business Casual, but I'm not sure if I should still dress up in a suit?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:14 pm

people, please stop posting the cb same day offer stuff. you're making me very very sad

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:16 pm

for folks who didn't get same day callbacks, just wanted to share a story to cheer you up -- last year i got what appeared to be a same day CB (interviewer was hiring partner and he told me as i was leaving that he would see me back at the firm), and a few weeks later i got a mail ding from that firm. i can lulz about it now.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:people, please stop posting the cb same day offer stuff. you're making me very very sad


Sorry. As has been pointed out several times in this thread, some people want to know what's going on--whether it be good or bad news. Sure the information may be incomplete, but for some people knowing how things work for CBs you're under is de-stressing. If you're sad, you need to stay off TLS completely. It's not going to help.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:for folks who didn't get same day callbacks, just wanted to share a story to cheer you up -- last year i got what appeared to be a same day CB (interviewer was hiring partner and he told me as i was leaving that he would see me back at the firm), and a few weeks later i got a mail ding from that firm. i can lulz about it now.


how is this going to cheer people up? This just makes me sad for you too.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:37 pm

Cahill offers?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Cahill offers?


Didn't you just ask this? I for one haven't even gotten a ding or CB from Cahill yet, so maybe give them a bit more time. They aren't the largest operation after all, and I imagine smaller firms often take longer to get back to you for offers (I may well be incorrect about this, but that's what my gut says).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:43 pm

Anyone heard from
- Paul Hasting NY (LD)? I've heard of one on the spot CB.
- Willkie NY (JG)?

Also, if people who had same interviewers are getting CBs, does that mean my chances are over?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone heard from
- Paul Hasting NY (LD)? I've heard of one on the spot CB.
- Willkie NY (JG)?

Also, if people who had same interviewers are getting CBs, does that mean my chances are over?


Just so you're at peace of mind, if people who had the same interviewer are getting CBs, you should probably accept the fact that your chances are over. Doesn't mean it's completely over, but embrace the fact that it's highly probable and move on to the next one.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Cahill offers?


Didn't you just ask this? I for one haven't even gotten a ding or CB from Cahill yet, so maybe give them a bit more time. They aren't the largest operation after all, and I imagine smaller firms often take longer to get back to you for offers (I may well be incorrect about this, but that's what my gut says).


Just wondering what the consensus is on the bolded. I'm waiting to hear from a ~100 attorney office after a callback last Thursday. Obviously firms vary on offer turnaround speed, but do small firms (by NYC standards) by-and-large tend to take a bit longer?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:54 pm

Snail mail ding today from Freshfields (AS)
E-mail ding from White & Case (HD)

Radio silence on V&E (DK & CM), DPW (AS) CB's I had at end of last week.

MoFo NY (DF) CB voice-mail last Friday, Orrick (ZE) CB last Weds

Still haven't heard post-EIP from Latham NY (CML), SullCrom NY (NM & JM)

Various dings/CB's elsewhere but I don't remember when they were, sorry (I can go find e-mails/vmails if someone is really curious):

Dings (all NY):
Linklaters (MB)
Clifford (AG)
Simpson (NM)
Skadden (DI & TS)
Pillsbury (JK)

Other CB's (all NY):
Milbank (MD)
Shearman (CK)
King & Spalding (KM)



Edit: Initials.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:50 pm

^^ all super helpful info, thank you :)

Anyone heard from mofo MB?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:49 am

anyone going to the davis offer dinner tomorrow?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:09 am

Anonymous User wrote:anyone going to the davis offer dinner tomorrow?


when was your CB and when did you hear about your offer?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:10 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:anyone going to the davis offer dinner tomorrow?


when was your CB and when did you hear about your offer?


Interview thurs. morn. offer mon. early afternoon.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:anyone going to the davis offer dinner tomorrow?


when was your CB and when did you hear about your offer?


Interview thurs. morn. offer mon. early afternoon.


Well, I guess I shouldn't give up all hope re: the silence after my Thurs afternoon CB...though the fact that there is an offer dinner tomorrow is a bit ominous...that being said, there were CB slots later than tomorrow so I assume there are multiple dinners.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:30 am

Have people heard from LA firms?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:44 am

Anyone hear back from the Proskauer CB last Wednesday? I know they said to groups of people at the reception that they wouldn't make decisions till this week, but after reading this forum I'm starting to wonder if that was after they pulled everybody they wanted aside and gave them offers.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:04 am

I still haven't heard from Proskauer in general. Guess I can probably scratch a CB off the list if they are already making offers.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:46 am

Anonymous User wrote:anyone going to the davis offer dinner tomorrow?

It's not really a dinner though, is it? They told me it was wine tasting... If that's what you're talking about, yes I'm going.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:anyone going to the davis offer dinner tomorrow?


when was your CB and when did you hear about your offer?


Interview thurs. morn. offer mon. early afternoon.


Well, I guess I shouldn't give up all hope re: the silence after my Thurs afternoon CB...though the fact that there is an offer dinner tomorrow is a bit ominous...that being said, there were CB slots later than tomorrow so I assume there are multiple dinners.

Also, yes there are multiple dinners so no worries :)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Have people heard from LA firms?


Got rejected from omm century city and la and silence from gibson and latham (have people heard from these 2?). heard back from some other LA screening interviews. sorry for not being more specific, don't want to out myself. la has been slower than ny so don't lose hope, and good luck the rest of the way.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear back from the Proskauer CB last Wednesday? I know they said to groups of people at the reception that they wouldn't make decisions till this week, but after reading this forum I'm starting to wonder if that was after they pulled everybody they wanted aside and gave them offers.


I was told that the committee meets this coming friday. But I'd also love to know if anyone else heard from last Wed.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:43 pm

Has anyone heard back yet from a Ropes (NY) CB from last week?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.