Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:No CBs over the weekend. Starting to get anxious. Thinking that I might have bid too aggressively as a transfer student.

Edit: is there a timeframe when we can assume we aren't getting a callback? Should I hold onto hope for interviewers from Thurs that I haven't heard from yet or just move on? I'm trying to decide how much more mass mailing I need to do.


It's really hard not to panic, but us no CB folk need to calm down. 3Ls will tell you that some people didn't get ANY callbacks for days after EIP. Leave the worrying to next week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:No CBs over the weekend. Starting to get anxious. Thinking that I might have bid too aggressively as a transfer student.


Do CBs ever come out during the weekend? I thought it was always during the business days....

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:30 pm

Ok - I'll save the worrying until Wednesday. :P

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:No CBs over the weekend. Starting to get anxious. Thinking that I might have bid too aggressively as a transfer student.

Edit: is there a timeframe when we can assume we aren't getting a callback? Should I hold onto hope for interviewers from Thurs that I haven't heard from yet or just move on? I'm trying to decide how much more mass mailing I need to do.


Transfers do better - not worse - during the EIP process because transfers tend to have straight As from their original school. It's far to early to assume you're not getting any callbacks. Settle down Beavis.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:26 pm

No CBs as a transfer after all these interviews......what a waste of my money it was to come here. i could have been unemployed somewhere else.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:14 pm

Anyone heard from STB interviewer NM? I know I asked before, but with everyone posting STB callbacks it would be nice to know when I can stop thinking about them :) only 1 cb here - don't worry, it's only halfway through EIP and only a couple of firms are ready to make calls this early...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:53 pm

what's the greatest number of CBs people have heard of so far?

User avatar
St.Remy
Posts: 526
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:12 pm

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby St.Remy » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:what's the greatest number of CBs people have heard of so far?


At this point I have 4, all from firms I interviewed with Thursday. If your interview schedule was front loaded then it's possible to have significantly more, and I know people in that situation (6+). At this point in the process there isn't any reason to worry, since as far as I can figure no firm has sent out all of their offers yet. Everyone could be in line for callbacks from all of their interviews, this early it's impossible to prove otherwise.

The only offer I've gotten that hasn't been mentioned yet in this thread is Kaye, with sb.

Anyone who has no or only a few callbacks, keep your heads up. It's early in the process, and statistically you'll end up getting something paying market. The worst thing you can do right now is become disheartened, and go into your remaining interviews unenthusiastically.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:what's the greatest number of CBs people have heard of so far?


So far, I've gotten callbacks from all screeners on Thursday, but only 1/9 on Friday (and that one called me early Sat. morning--cravath t.s.).

I wouldn't panic yet, guys. I'd start panicking next Friday if you haven't heard back from someone.

Callbacks from Fri. will probs rain tomorrow. Good luck!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:37 am

Anonymous User wrote:what's the greatest number of CBs people have heard of so far?


A couple of LR people have 8+. But as noted above, at this point your CB count is mostly a function of what order you had your interviews in, which firms you interviewed with, etc. It's still way early in the game.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:38 am

so...what if the email on your resume is incorrect...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:17 pm

Hopefully they will call you as well as email for callbacks - but just in case I'd just email all of your interviewers with the correct information and let them know what a pleasure it was talking to them etc.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:what's the greatest number of CBs people have heard of so far?


So far, I've gotten callbacks from all screeners on Thursday, but only 1/9 on Friday (and that one called me early Sat. morning--cravath t.s.).

I wouldn't panic yet, guys. I'd start panicking next Friday if you haven't heard back from someone.

Callbacks from Fri. will probs rain tomorrow. Good luck!


3L from earlier in thread. This post is the reason to stay away from TLS during EIP. Unhelpful comments like the one from this a**hole who has received callback from all screeners on Thurs, but only (1/9) from Friday (which they have to point out is Cravath) telling others not to worry. Go brag somewhere else and let these types of threads be helpful. Sorry, don't mean to be an impromptu moderator, but I remember the anxiety these types of posts caused me last year and had to comment.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:41 pm

Rejection emails from Simpson Thatcher and Cravath. No callbacks yet. Hang in there, everyone.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:what's the greatest number of CBs people have heard of so far?


So far, I've gotten callbacks from all screeners on Thursday, but only 1/9 on Friday (and that one called me early Sat. morning--cravath t.s.).

I wouldn't panic yet, guys. I'd start panicking next Friday if you haven't heard back from someone.

Callbacks from Fri. will probs rain tomorrow. Good luck!


3L from earlier in thread. This post is the reason to stay away from TLS during EIP. Unhelpful comments like the one from this a**hole who has received callback from all screeners on Thurs, but only (1/9) from Friday (which they have to point out is Cravath) telling others not to worry. Go brag somewhere else and let these types of threads be helpful. Sorry, don't mean to be an impromptu moderator, but I remember the anxiety these types of posts caused me last year and had to comment.


Totally agree with this comment. Your not so subtle bragging is no comfort

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:07 pm

Cb from Linklaters, interviewer MB. Also rejection email from Simpson Thacher.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:19 pm

CBs from Linklaters J.M. and Allen and Overy D.G. Rejection from Cravath minutes ago. Best of luck everyone!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:24 pm

Anyone callbacked from Skadden yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:30 pm

I heard a couple of people got CBs from Skadden this weekend, not sure if a lot went out though.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:37 pm

I knew one person on LR that got a skadden callback, but I don't know the name of the interviewer.

Anyone heard from sullcrom?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:40 pm

Anyone heard from A&O London or Skadden London?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:44 pm

No call backs or rejections thus far, and I did 14 interviews last week. Everyone should chill out and realize that this process might take time.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:No call backs or rejections thus far, and I did 14 interviews last week. Everyone should chill out and realize that this process might take time.

I don't think it's about being crazy stressed or anything. I actually find it very calming to see which interviewers have given callbacks so I don't end up speculating based on the Doubletree rumor mill...

This thread is really helpful (at least for me), keep it up guys :)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:No call backs or rejections thus far, and I did 14 interviews last week. Everyone should chill out and realize that this process might take time.

I don't think it's about being crazy stressed or anything. I actually find it very calming to see which interviewers have given callbacks so I don't end up speculating based on the Doubletree rumor mill...

This thread is really helpful (at least for me), keep it up guys :)


Agree with this. The suspense is 10x more stressful than a definitive rejection.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2012 Superthread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:23 pm

Dings from Simpson Thacher (NM), Jones Day (AY), WilmerHale (AS).

CBs from Kirkland (JS/AE), Kaye Scholer (AV), Wilsonsini (RC).




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.