Lets Talk Seattle...

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lets Talk Seattle...

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Post-CB Cooley ding today, via email.


Ditto

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lets Talk Seattle...

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:09 pm

Post-CB ding from Stoel Rives, by phone (probably a practice-specific quirk to get a phone call)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lets Talk Seattle...

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:42 pm

Any news? I'm still holding onto hope ...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lets Talk Seattle...

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:54 pm

Accepted an offer at Davis Wright Tremaine.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lets Talk Seattle...

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Riddell Williams ding today. Lane Powell ding yesterday.


how long ago was your CB w/Riddell Williams?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lets Talk Seattle...

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:40 pm

Any news from Dorsey?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lets Talk Seattle...

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:22 pm

Anyone hear from K&L since last Friday (28th)?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lets Talk Seattle...

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from K&L since last Friday (28th)?

Word on the street is the first round of K&L offers have gone out (late last week or early this week).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lets Talk Seattle...

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from K&L since last Friday (28th)?

Word on the street is the first round of K&L offers have gone out (late last week or early this week).


Are you waiting to hear from them, too?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lets Talk Seattle...

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Riddell Williams ding today. Lane Powell ding yesterday.


how long ago was your CB w/Riddell Williams?

+1

Also, snail mail or e-mail ding from Riddell?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lets Talk Seattle...

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from K&L since last Friday (28th)?

Word on the street is the first round of K&L offers have gone out (late last week or early this week).

So do you know anyone who got an offer recently or are you just guessing?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lets Talk Seattle...

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So do you know anyone who got an offer recently or are you just guessing?

It's not a guess. I know them.
Anonymous User wrote:Are you waiting to hear from them, too?

I was dinged earlier in the process.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lets Talk Seattle...

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:28 pm

Any Foster news lately? Dings this week or last? Recent offers?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lets Talk Seattle...

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:46 am

Accepted a PC offer last week. UW student. Anyone else from the Seattle schools accept?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lets Talk Seattle...

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:06 am

What firms in Seattle pay the most?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lets Talk Seattle...

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:44 pm

The techie firms in Seattle pay $160k. The premier Seattle-based firms pay $120-125k. Everyone else is just a freefall from there.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lets Talk Seattle...

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:23 am

Anonymous User wrote:The techie firms in Seattle pay $160k. The premier Seattle-based firms pay $120-125k. Everyone else is just a freefall from there.


You nailed most of it, but I'm not sure about freefall. There is a "Seattle midlaw" tier which pays in the 100-110 range. Firms like Riddell, Miller Nash, Williams Kastner, Garvey, HCMP all start in that range for first years.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lets Talk Seattle...

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any Foster news lately? Dings this week or last? Recent offers?


Foster post-CB mail ding yesterday :(

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lets Talk Seattle...

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:49 pm

any recent news from Dorsey?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lets Talk Seattle...

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:The techie firms in Seattle pay $160k. The premier Seattle-based firms pay $120-125k. Everyone else is just a freefall from there.


You nailed most of it, but I'm not sure about freefall. There is a "Seattle midlaw" tier which pays in the 100-110 range. Firms like Riddell, Miller Nash, Williams Kastner, Garvey, HCMP all start in that range for first years.


While this is mostly right, there are a few firms HQ'd in othercities that pay $160k at their Seattle offices (non-techies).
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lets Talk Seattle...

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:The techie firms in Seattle pay $160k. The premier Seattle-based firms pay $120-125k. Everyone else is just a freefall from there.


You nailed most of it, but I'm not sure about freefall. There is a "Seattle midlaw" tier which pays in the 100-110 range. Firms like Riddell, Miller Nash, Williams Kastner, Garvey, HCMP all start in that range for first years.


While this is mostly right, there are a few firms HQ'd in othercities that pay $160k at their Seattle offices (non-techies). A Texas firm and a couple CA ones come to mind.


Such as??

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lets Talk Seattle...

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:28 pm

NALP it. I don't think those firms have summer associate programs. If they do take anyone, you're going to be at the national office for the summer.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lets Talk Seattle...

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:36 am

Anyone on waitlists for PC or K&L? If so, anyone hear back one way or the other?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lets Talk Seattle...

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:19 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone on waitlists for PC or K&L? If so, anyone hear back one way or the other?


I was on the waitlist as of two weeks ago. Got an offer pretty shortly after being on the waitlist. Waitlist is a good sign in my opinion because PC and K&L try to recruit from top schools not in WA, but they only pay $125k or $120k compared to $160k. Unless the person has a really strong reason to be in Seattle, they will probably take something outside.....good luck

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lets Talk Seattle...

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:11 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone on waitlists for PC or K&L? If so, anyone hear back one way or the other?


I was on the waitlist as of two weeks ago. Got an offer pretty shortly after being on the waitlist. Waitlist is a good sign in my opinion because PC and K&L try to recruit from top schools not in WA, but they only pay $125k or $120k compared to $160k. Unless the person has a really strong reason to be in Seattle, they will probably take something outside.....good luck


Your rationale definitely makes sense. I hope it is correct and plays out as you said. The wait is painful, but I remain optimistic. Where did you accept?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.