Cornell Updated Bid List - Bottom 3rd

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Arbiter213

Re: Cornell Updated Bid List - Bottom 3rd

Postby Arbiter213 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:02 am

clone22 wrote:
irish1485 wrote:
fatduck wrote:cornell sounds AWESOME

+1

Can't wait to apply

In all honesty, cornell isn't this douchy in person. Perhaps a little more aspie, but generally nice. Internet brings out tough guys. Although i'll vouch Ikki is a mensch

Seconded on Ikki. We (Cornell) are actually pretty pleasant in person, mostly. At least, my friends are.

clone22

Postby clone22 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:07 am

Arbiter213 wrote:
clone22 wrote:
irish1485 wrote:

+1

Can't wait to apply

In all honesty, cornell isn't this douchy in person. Perhaps a little more aspie, but generally nice. Internet brings out tough guys. Although i'll vouch Ikki is a mensch

Seconded on Ikki. We (Cornell) are actually pretty pleasant in person, mostly. At least, my friends are.

Exactly. I honestly don't know anyone here who I think can be classified as a douchebag. Getting hammered with classmates brings people together. Also, Arbiter, I hope you'll be coming out more frequently this year? You living at the same place this year?

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:10 am

clone22 wrote:Exactly. I honestly don't know anyone here who I think can be classified as a douchebag. Getting hammered with classmates brings people together. Also, Arbiter, I hope you'll be coming out more frequently this year? You living at the same place this year?

Yah I'll be coming out more this year- I had a lot of poor health keeping me in during the spring, plus I don't need to gun as hard anymore. And HOW DO YOU KNOW WHERE I LIVE AAAAAAAAHHHHH.

Ikki

Postby Ikki » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:14 am

I can't vouch for other sections, but no one in my section is a certified douchebag or even close to it. Yeah you have your occasional gunning (specially that big behemoth, I wonder if he posts here :wink: ), but everyone is very pleasant to be around. BTW, we gotta make McSweeney subsidize our drinking early next school year, or at least teach us a bit about medieval sword-fighting.

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:14 am

Ikki wrote:I can't vouch for other sections, but no one in my section is a certified douchebag or even close to it. Yeah you have your occasional gunning (specially that big behemoth, I wonder if he posts here :wink: ), but everyone is very pleasant to be around. BTW, we gotta make McSweeney subsidize our drinking early next school year, or at least teach us a bit about medieval sword-fighting.

Wait, do you mean me, or Clone?

Also, he came to BRB two weeks ago.

beatrock

Postby beatrock » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:16 am

Think..."big behemoth"

clone22

Postby clone22 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:16 am

Arbiter213 wrote:
clone22 wrote:Exactly. I honestly don't know anyone here who I think can be classified as a douchebag. Getting hammered with classmates brings people together. Also, Arbiter, I hope you'll be coming out more frequently this year? You living at the same place this year?

Yah I'll be coming out more this year- I had a lot of poor health keeping me in during the spring, plus I don't need to gun as hard anymore. And HOW DO YOU KNOW WHERE I LIVE AAAAAAAAHHHHH.

Arbiter: i've walked up the hill to the gym and ran into you coming home a few times. And are you a behemoth? Also damn, he came out to BRB during the summer? :(

Ikki: he never did take us out to TGIF like he planned to, right? I'm taking his seminar this coming semester, you should sign up for it as well.

beatrock: now who are you?

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:18 am

clone22 wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:

Arbiter: i've walked up the hill to the gym and ran into you coming home a few times. And are you a behemoth? Also damn, he came out to BRB during the summer? :(

Ikki: he never did take us out to TGIF like he planned to, right? I'm taking his seminar this coming semester, you should sign up for it as well.

Haha, I guess you are the "bigger" gunner.

Ikki

Postby Ikki » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:18 am

Arbiter213 wrote:
Ikki wrote:I can't vouch for other sections, but no one in my section is a certified douchebag or even close to it. Yeah you have your occasional gunning (specially that big behemoth, I wonder if he posts here :wink: ), but everyone is very pleasant to be around. BTW, we gotta make McSweeney subsidize our drinking early next school year, or at least teach us a bit about medieval sword-fighting.

Wait, do you mean me, or Clone?

Also, he came to BRB two weeks ago.

when I meant "your" I meant that generally, not you specifically. But if the shoe fits :D

Ikki

Postby Ikki » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:19 am

clone22 wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:

awwwwwwwwww
Is this a love connection in the making? Is it??????

If it is, I miss you beatrock <3

ETA: Nevermind, just checked your post history and there's no way you are who I think you are. Carry on.

orderofthings

Postby orderofthings » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:35 am

I want to join!

PinkCow

Postby PinkCow » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:01 pm

clone22 wrote:
irish1485 wrote:

+1

Can't wait to apply

False. I go to Cornell and I am literally a douche bag. Fluid and all.

clone22

Postby clone22 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:04 pm

PinkCow wrote:
clone22 wrote:
irish1485 wrote:

+1

Can't wait to apply

Condolences. You should probably get a doctor to take a look at that.

Ikki

Postby Ikki » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:36 pm

PinkCow wrote:
clone22 wrote:
irish1485 wrote:

+1

Can't wait to apply

Aren't you that kid that always posts GIFs on the Cornell group? They're usually pretty good.

PinkCow

Postby PinkCow » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:16 pm

Ikki wrote:
Aren't you that kid that always posts GIFs on the Cornell group? They're usually pretty good.

I am totally OK with that reputation. And yes.

Although big behemoth sounds cool too.

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:24 pm

PinkCow wrote:
Ikki wrote:

I am totally OK with that reputation. And yes.

Although big behemoth sounds cool too.

Oh that's who you are.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:39 pm

OP here: did not get a journal. Didn't even get JLPP work on. now am i fucked?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:42 pm

where are you interviewing?

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:where are you interviewing?

I'm normally against this since it's sort of out-y, but that's a relevant question. But no, you're not fucked, but you'd better mass mail a lot of firms just in case.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP here: did not get a journal. Didn't even get JLPP work on. now am i fucked?

I feel your pain...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:51 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:

I'm normally against this since it's sort of out-y, but that's a relevant question. But no, you're not fucked, but you'd better mass mail a lot of firms just in case.

Well, just the range of firms then. Did you get plenty of interviews with less selective firms?

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:

Well, just the range of firms then. Did you get plenty of interviews with less selective firms?

You want to direct that to the OP. I was simply encouraging op.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP here: did not get a journal. Didn't even get JLPP work on. now am i fucked?

Kind of OT: How common is no journal?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:57 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:

You want to direct that to the OP. I was simply encouraging op.

Woops. That's what I meant.

Lincoln

Postby Lincoln » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Kind of OT: How common is no journal?

There are around 120 spots on the journals, if I'm not mistaken. About 160 1Ls do the writing competition out of a class of about 210. One caveat to those numbers: A number of people who get journals transfer out, moving everyone below them up a notch.

Return to “Legal Employment”