Cornell Updated Bid List - Bottom 3rd

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
ajaxconstructions
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 12:24 am

Re: Cornell Updated Bid List - Bottom 3rd

Postby ajaxconstructions » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:05 pm

Ikki wrote:Way yo be a jackass with an alt account Ajax. (more than this thread, I'm referring to your overall douchbaggery all over the Cornell threads)


You mad bro? Sorry I'm raining all over your below median employed party. I guess a dose of reality hurts. Go watch some anime or something.

User avatar
Ikki
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Cornell Updated Bid List - Bottom 3rd

Postby Ikki » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:08 pm

ajaxconstructions wrote:
Ikki wrote:Way yo be a jackass with an alt account Ajax. (more than this thread, I'm referring to your overall douchbaggery all over the Cornell threads)


You mad bro? Sorry I'm raining all over your below median employed party. I guess a dose of reality hurts. Go watch some anime or something.


Just curious as to why you have to hide behind an alt, that's all.

ajaxconstructions
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 12:24 am

Re: Cornell Updated Bid List - Bottom 3rd

Postby ajaxconstructions » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:09 pm

Ikki wrote:
ajaxconstructions wrote:
Ikki wrote:Way yo be a jackass with an alt account Ajax. (more than this thread, I'm referring to your overall douchbaggery all over the Cornell threads)


You mad bro? Sorry I'm raining all over your below median employed party. I guess a dose of reality hurts. Go watch some anime or something.


Just curious as to why you have to hide behind an alt, that's all.


Just curious why you don't out yourself is all.

User avatar
Ikki
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Cornell Updated Bid List - Bottom 3rd

Postby Ikki » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:11 pm

ajaxconstructions wrote:
Ikki wrote:
ajaxconstructions wrote:
Ikki wrote:Way yo be a jackass with an alt account Ajax. (more than this thread, I'm referring to your overall douchbaggery all over the Cornell threads)


You mad bro? Sorry I'm raining all over your below median employed party. I guess a dose of reality hurts. Go watch some anime or something.


Just curious as to why you have to hide behind an alt, that's all.


Just curious why you don't out yourself is all.


I'm the only male Mexican in our entire class HTH

ajaxconstructions
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 12:24 am

Re: Cornell Updated Bid List - Bottom 3rd

Postby ajaxconstructions » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:13 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
ajaxconstructions wrote:
Ikki wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:In other words, you're saying almost everybody is fucked.


Except for him obvs.


I'm fucked too. Just not as fucked as below medians. Way to miss the point.

You're fucked by virtue of your warm, tender-hearted personality. I don't care what your grades are.


Yeah I'll totally carry my TLS personality into my OCI interviews.

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Cornell Updated Bid List - Bottom 3rd

Postby fatduck » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:14 pm

cornell sounds AWESOME

ajaxconstructions
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 12:24 am

Re: Cornell Updated Bid List - Bottom 3rd

Postby ajaxconstructions » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:14 pm

Ikki wrote:
I'm the only male Mexican in our entire class HTH


Sorry I don't go around asking people about their lineage when I meet them.

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Cornell Updated Bid List - Bottom 3rd

Postby HeavenWood » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:14 pm

^People like you generally can't help themselves. I almost pity you, in fact.

ajaxconstructions
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 12:24 am

Re: Cornell Updated Bid List - Bottom 3rd

Postby ajaxconstructions » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:16 pm

HeavenWood wrote:^People like you generally can't help themselves. I almost pity you, in fact.


All this emotional support is overwhelming. I might shed a tear.

User avatar
Lincoln
Posts: 1029
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: Cornell Updated Bid List - Bottom 3rd

Postby Lincoln » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:16 pm

According to a school official, at least 80% of the students in c/o 2013 who participated in AJF or OCI received at least one offer. Even assuming 180 people participated in the job fairs (and it's not that high), that means less than 36 people struck out. (Furthermore, several people I know who struck out got offers later.)

If the statement that "plenty of people above median strike out" is true, that means those unlucky people who didn't get offers are, at least to some extent, actually distributed across the curve. I personally know people with GPAs in the same range as OP who received an offer. I'd say this lends support to my statement that if OP and OP's GPA twin bid wisely and have interviewing skills, they are likely to get at least one offer, since GPA is not the only determinant factor in who gets an offer. ajax's statement that they are "pretty fucked" is unreasonably alarmist and supremely unhelpful.

OP and other 1Ls, feel free to PM me if you have questions. There will also be more interviewing advice forthcoming later in the summer from a variety of schoolk resources.

Edited for spelling.
Last edited by Lincoln on Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ikki
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Cornell Updated Bid List - Bottom 3rd

Postby Ikki » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:20 pm

ajaxconstructions wrote:
Ikki wrote:
I'm the only male Mexican in our entire class HTH


Sorry I don't go around asking people about their lineage when I meet them.


Just admit you're too big of a pussy to post with your original account, I'm sure you'll still get something that pays market anyway.

ajaxconstructions
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 12:24 am

Re: Cornell Updated Bid List - Bottom 3rd

Postby ajaxconstructions » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:20 pm

Ikki wrote:
ajaxconstructions wrote:
Ikki wrote:
I'm the only male Mexican in our entire class HTH


Sorry I don't go around asking people about their lineage when I meet them.


Just admit you're too big of a pussy to post with your original account, I'm sure you'll still get something that pays market anyway.


Oh shit, an internet tough guy. Are you going to take my lunch money next?

User avatar
Ikki
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Cornell Updated Bid List - Bottom 3rd

Postby Ikki » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:25 pm

ajaxconstructions wrote:
Ikki wrote:
ajaxconstructions wrote:
Ikki wrote:
I'm the only male Mexican in our entire class HTH


Sorry I don't go around asking people about their lineage when I meet them.


Just admit you're too big of a pussy to post with your original account, I'm sure you'll still get something that pays market anyway.


Oh shit, an internet tough guy. Are you going to take my lunch money next?


And you're so damn quiet IRL

ajaxconstructions
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 12:24 am

Re: Cornell Updated Bid List - Bottom 3rd

Postby ajaxconstructions » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:30 pm

Ikki wrote:And you're so damn quiet IRL


Which is why I overcompensate on TLS. How are you only at Cornell with such great deductive skills?

User avatar
irish1485
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:25 pm

Re: Cornell Updated Bid List - Bottom 3rd

Postby irish1485 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:34 pm

fatduck wrote:cornell sounds AWESOME


+1

Can't wait to apply

User avatar
PinkCow
Posts: 786
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:03 am

Re: Cornell Updated Bid List - Bottom 3rd

Postby PinkCow » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:34 pm

Hey guys what's going on

User avatar
PinkCow
Posts: 786
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:03 am

Re: Cornell Updated Bid List - Bottom 3rd

Postby PinkCow » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:35 pm

Image

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Cornell Updated Bid List - Bottom 3rd

Postby Arbiter213 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:03 pm

PinkCow wrote:Image


175.

Also, I'm amazed that I'm not the giant douche here.

User avatar
Ikki
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Cornell Updated Bid List - Bottom 3rd

Postby Ikki » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:16 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
PinkCow wrote:Image


175.

Also, I'm amazed that I'm not the giant douche here.


FWTW, you give yourself too much credit as a gunner and douchebag, you're not that bad.

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Cornell Updated Bid List - Bottom 3rd

Postby Arbiter213 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:34 pm

Ikki wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:
PinkCow wrote:Image


175.

Also, I'm amazed that I'm not the giant douche here.


FWTW, you give yourself too much credit as a gunner and douchebag, you're not that bad.


It's more of a schtick than anything. Thanks though.

You bidding Chicago still?

User avatar
Ikki
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Cornell Updated Bid List - Bottom 3rd

Postby Ikki » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:46 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
Ikki wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:
PinkCow wrote:Image


175.

Also, I'm amazed that I'm not the giant douche here.


FWTW, you give yourself too much credit as a gunner and douchebag, you're not that bad.


It's more of a schtick than anything. Thanks though.

You bidding Chicago still?


I think so, focusing on NYC though.

User avatar
FlanAl
Posts: 1474
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:53 pm

Re: Cornell Updated Bid List - Bottom 3rd

Postby FlanAl » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:03 pm

wanted to tag in on this. pretty sure I'll strike out given that my summer and next semester reek of hippie pi, but what the hell.

nyuwithbadgrades
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:30 am

Re: Cornell Updated Bid List - Bottom 3rd

Postby nyuwithbadgrades » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:20 am

interested in your firms as well - bottom third at nyu.

clone22
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: Cornell Updated Bid List - Bottom 3rd

Postby clone22 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:25 am

ajaxconstructions wrote:
clone22 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Seems like we are GPA twins, OP. Bringing back OP's second inquiry, how fucked are we?


Not fucked at all if we are to believe what DeRosa is saying. Apparently there are plenty of market paying NY firms that would be happy to take Cornells at any grade. Might not be SullCrom, but do you really care? As long as you're not too discriminating at the name of the firm, order the "flexible" ones by decreasing order of SA class and bid away. Also you could try a few "moderates" if you're either diverse (URM), or speak a language the firm lists as useful/has an office in the country speaking that language.

DeRosa says that people normally get 15-20 screeners. As long as you're above their "low" callback number, it'll be about not being an aspie/ selling yourself as a Cornell.

We're surprisingly well prepared for the real world. I'm working for a state judge right now, and holy hell. Most of the lawyers that show up here would fail Lawyering miserably. Crap, when practicing lawyers don't know what a material breach is/why a material breach is important in a breach of contract claim, that says something.


Someone is drinking the kool-aid. Grades matter at Cornell. They matter a lot to marketing paying firms. We are no Harvard.


So you're saying our Dean in charge of career services is lying to our faces when he says 80-85% got an offer through AJF last year? Are we Cooley?


edit: Ajax: how's that CCN transfer treating you? Should we prepare to be saddened by you not gracing us with your presence next year? I'll miss ya buddy.
Last edited by clone22 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

clone22
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: Cornell Updated Bid List - Bottom 3rd

Postby clone22 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:55 am

irish1485 wrote:
fatduck wrote:cornell sounds AWESOME


+1

Can't wait to apply


In all honesty, cornell isn't this douchy in person. Perhaps a little more aspie, but generally nice. Internet brings out tough guys. Although i'll vouch Ikki is a mensch




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.