Anonymous User wrote:nonprofit-prophet wrote:Anonymous User wrote:It definitely is not as low as 3.73. I know of many people with 3.7-3.8 who did not make law review while I know of only 1 or 2 with higher than a 3.8 who didn't. While they say there is no grading onto law review, you have to go out of your way in writing a shitty essay not to make it on if you are in the top 10%.
Does anyone know how they weigh the write-on and your GPA? The recent grads I know said they were unsure, but that they knew one or two super high GPAs that didn't make it. A partner that graduated 10+ years ago told me that it's 10-90, but it might be different today.
10% is reserved for strictly write-on. The other 90% they say is a mix of write-on and grades, but as was said, you reallllllly have to screw up the write-on to get dinged if you are in the top 10%.
Right, but there is a formula for that 90%. From what I've been told, there is a spreadsheet where they plug in your GPA and your write on score and that gives you a final overall score. My question was whether anyone knew the weighting. What you've seen seems to be in line with what a partner told me, 90% GPA and 10% write on score. Then again, a more recent grad said he didn't know for sure, but thought it was closer to 70-30.