ever a good reason to do two appellate clerkships?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

ever a good reason to do two appellate clerkships?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:57 pm

when neither is a feeder?

associate just sent farewell email, he's gone to do this for a total of two years. But I've seen people do this same kind of thing in the past for THREE years (where one of the successive clerkships is two years long).

Neither associate had plans for academia and has since returned to practice. I don't get it. What is the value added of a second COA clerkship?

JusticeJackson

Re: ever a good reason to do two appellate clerkships?

Postby JusticeJackson » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:08 pm

Last edited by JusticeJackson on Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:09 pm

another year away from biglaw wage-slave existence?
That's the rationale I was given by a friend when she took on a second clerkship

Myself

Postby Myself » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:10 pm

Last edited by Myself on Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:45 pm

JusticeJackson wrote:I agree. I thought about doing a second to position myself geographically, but decided even that was a mistake. Perhaps if the second is the Federal Circuit or a feeder, it would make sense.

say more re federal circuit. Do you mean state supreme -> federal circuit? Or are you talking about the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit? And why would someone do a court of appeals for federal circiut and a general circuit clerkship?

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
JusticeJackson wrote:I agree. I thought about doing a second to position myself geographically, but decided even that was a mistake. Perhaps if the second is the Federal Circuit or a feeder, it would make sense.

say more re federal circuit. Do you mean state supreme -> federal circuit? Or are you talking about the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit? And why would someone do a court of appeals for federal circiut and a general circuit clerkship?

y so anon bro

Return to “Legal Employment”