NY C&F Timing

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Rams55

NY C&F Timing

Postby Rams55 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:24 pm

When are people submitting their C&F materials, if you haven't already done so? Is this something that we can do in August after the bar, or should we submit ASAP? I have seen a few threads on the time it takes after everything is submitted, but some additional advice regarding when to submit and any general advice on the process would be great. Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: NY C&F Timing

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:52 pm

Rams55 wrote:When are people submitting their C&F materials, if you haven't already done so? Is this something that we can do in August after the bar, or should we submit ASAP? I have seen a few threads on the time it takes after everything is submitted, but some additional advice regarding when to submit and any general advice on the process would be great. Thanks!

Everything c&f related that had to be turned in (to sit for the bar) should been turned in when you completed the NY app.
My school sent in all the required certifications, and I uploaded all the other required documents.
90% of the NY C&F cannot be accomplished until after you take the exam. Some of it will have to be completed by your school and past employers. But if you've gotten your ok to sit for the NY bar and you've received your city then there's nothing you can do regarding c&f stuff. But if you haven't heard back yet about where you'rea taking the exam you better start making calls.

rayiner

Postby rayiner » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Rams55 wrote:When are people submitting their C&F materials, if you haven't already done so? Is this something that we can do in August after the bar, or should we submit ASAP? I have seen a few threads on the time it takes after everything is submitted, but some additional advice regarding when to submit and any general advice on the process would be great. Thanks!

Everything c&f related that had to be turned in (to sit for the bar) should been turned in when you completed the NY app.
My school sent in all the required certifications, and I uploaded all the other required documents.
90% of the NY C&F cannot be accomplished until after you take the exam. Some of it will have to be completed by your school and past employers. But if you've gotten your ok to sit for the NY bar and you've received your city then there's nothing you can do regarding c&f stuff. But if you haven't heard back yet about where you'rea taking the exam you better start making calls.

There is no C&F stuff required when turning in the NY app. The handwriting form and school certification are to certify eligibility to sit for the bar, not C&F.

danquayle

Postby danquayle » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:01 pm

rayiner wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

There is no C&F stuff required when turning in the NY app. The handwriting form and school certification are to certify eligibility to sit for the bar, not C&F.

Yeah so, I turned in my C&F stuff 2 years after passing the NY bar. New York is a bit unique in the process in that they don't really focus on C&F until after you've already passed the exam. Just make sure you're eligible to sit for the exam. Worry about the rest later.

Return to “Legal Employment”