Networking Question Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Networking Question

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:03 pm

I went to a networking event last week and had a really nice talk with an attorney. He gave me his business card, but I didn't give him one because I don't have any. I'd really like to keep in touch with him though. Should I e-mail him to follow up and give him my contact information for the future?

Rock

New

Re: Networking Question

Post by Rock » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:05 pm

Short and sweet.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I went to a networking event last week and had a really nice talk with an attorney. He gave me his business card, but I didn't give him one because I don't have any. I'd really like to keep in touch with him though. Should I e-mail him to follow up and give him my contact information for the future?
Generally yes. Although judging from the anon nature of your poast, I'm guessing this is a VERY exclusive contact of VERY sensitive situation, so I'd tread lightly.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:30 pm

rad lulz wrote:Generally yes. Although judging from the anon nature of your poast, I'm guessing this is a VERY exclusive contact of VERY sensitive situation, so I'd tread lightly.
OP here. Not particularly sensitive or exclusive, just a small market/location.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
rad lulz wrote:Generally yes. Although judging from the anon nature of your poast, I'm guessing this is a VERY exclusive contact of VERY sensitive situation, so I'd tread lightly.
OP here. Not particularly sensitive or exclusive, just a small market/location.
Good call then. It would be bad if other people from your school food out you were going to PREFTIGIOUS and EXCLUSIVE networking events, of which there are only like 1 in your market at any given time.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dailygrind

Diamond

Post by dailygrind » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:51 pm

Just a heads up: the mod team is open to feedback on this policy (Q&A thread in the lounge, if you'd like to do so), but our current policy on anon abuse is primarily to concentrate on anon usage that is ass-holish in nature. To anyone who was curious, this does not qualify.

vegeta

New

Post by vegeta » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:25 am

Rock wrote:Short and sweet.
Is this the consensus? Does that mean just write a quick 2 or 3 sentence email, mention something unique about the conversation you had, and thank them and add a little hope to see you soon comment?

piccolittle

Silver

Post by piccolittle » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:54 am

vegeta wrote:
Rock wrote:Short and sweet.
Is this the consensus? Does that mean just write a quick 2 or 3 sentence email, mention something unique about the conversation you had, and thank them and add a little hope to see you soon comment?
Bingo.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”