GW OCI 2012

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273151
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GW OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Dings today from Hogan, Bingham, and Hunton & Williams.



Did the Hunton & Williams ding come through email or snail mail? What time of day?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273151
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GW OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Dings today from Hogan, Bingham, and Hunton & Williams.



Did the Hunton & Williams ding come through email or snail mail? What time of day?


Snail. Arrived today.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273151
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GW OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:31 am

Awkward bad grammar ding from Goodwin Procter

Anonymous User
Posts: 273151
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GW OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:48 am

Ding from a Patton Boggs callback. Boo.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273151
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GW OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:57 am

also got the patton boggs post-cb ding...lame

Anonymous User
Posts: 273151
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GW OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:20 am

Anonymous User wrote:also got the patton boggs post-cb ding...lame


+1 Pretty sure I was told the hiring committee met last night. They have a really small summer class, but it still stings.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273151
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GW OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:32 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:also got the patton boggs post-cb ding...lame


+1 Pretty sure I was told the hiring committee met last night. They have a really small summer class, but it still stings.


Yeah. Well, whatever. Their building kind of sucks anyway. Who wants to spend all those hours in that dreary place where the ceiling tiles look like they're harboring some serious mold.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273151
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GW OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:38 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:also got the patton boggs post-cb ding...lame


+1 Pretty sure I was told the hiring committee met last night. They have a really small summer class, but it still stings.


Yeah. Well, whatever. Their building kind of sucks anyway. Who wants to spend all those hours in that dreary place where the ceiling tiles look like they're harboring some serious mold.


Previous +1 poster - I now pronounce you scorned and sassy. (Not saying it isn't justified)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273151
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GW OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:04 pm

Jones Day--ding.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273151
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GW OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:38 pm

Still haven't heard from:
- Nelson Mullins
- Milbank (though I heard they have already sent out callbacks, so dings are likely via snail maid)
- Bickel & Brewer
- Blank Rome
- Stradley Ronon

Any one get dings or callbacks from these yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273151
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GW OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Still haven't heard from:
- Nelson Mullins
- Milbank (though I heard they have already sent out callbacks, so dings are likely via snail maid)
- Bickel & Brewer
- Blank Rome
- Stradley Ronon

Any one get dings or callbacks from these yet?


Milbank has given CBs and offers to gw kids.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273151
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GW OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Still haven't heard from:
- Nelson Mullins
- Milbank (though I heard they have already sent out callbacks, so dings are likely via snail maid)
- Bickel & Brewer
- Blank Rome
- Stradley Ronon

Any one get dings or callbacks from these yet?


Still haven't heard a peep from Bickel since my screener. No ding or callback. Just want to know...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273151
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GW OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Still haven't heard from:
- Nelson Mullins
- Milbank (though I heard they have already sent out callbacks, so dings are likely via snail maid)
- Bickel & Brewer
- Blank Rome
- Stradley Ronon

Any one get dings or callbacks from these yet?


Milbank has given CBs and offers to gw kids.


I haven't heard from Stradley either...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273151
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GW OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:10 pm

Kenyon ding via snail mail today. That one hurts, thought we had a really good talk.

User avatar
manofjustice
Posts: 1323
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:01 pm

Re: GW OCI 2012

Postby manofjustice » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:01 pm

Geeze. Is anyone getting offers? It looks like a ding-train in here.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273151
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GW OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:44 am

manofjustice wrote:Geeze. Is anyone getting offers? It looks like a ding-train in here.


Simpson Thatcher
GDC
A&P
Crowell
Patton
Sidley
OMM

Anonymous User
Posts: 273151
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GW OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:53 am

Crowell offer? When?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273151
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GW OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:
manofjustice wrote:Geeze. Is anyone getting offers? It looks like a ding-train in here.


Simpson Thatcher
GDC
A&P
Crowell
Patton
Sidley
OMM


adding to that

Winston & Strawn
Kirkland
Fulbright
Milbank
Kaye Scholer

Anonymous User
Posts: 273151
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GW OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:45 am

Anonymous User wrote:Crowell offer? When?


Friday (Aug. 31st).

User avatar
manofjustice
Posts: 1323
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:01 pm

Re: GW OCI 2012

Postby manofjustice » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:27 am

Any V10 action from someone in the top 20ish?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273151
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GW OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:35 am

manofjustice wrote:Any V10 action from someone in the top 20ish?


I know of V-10 action (offer) from some non-LR people.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273151
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GW OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:35 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
manofjustice wrote:Geeze. Is anyone getting offers? It looks like a ding-train in here.


Simpson Thatcher
GDC
A&P
Crowell
Patton
Sidley
OMM


adding to that

Winston & Strawn
Kirkland
Fulbright
Milbank
Kaye Scholer


...

What cities were those offers in? New York?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273151
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GW OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:41 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
manofjustice wrote:Geeze. Is anyone getting offers? It looks like a ding-train in here.


Simpson Thatcher
GDC
A&P
Crowell
Patton
Sidley
OMM


adding to that

Winston & Strawn
Kirkland
Fulbright
Milbank
Kaye Scholer


...

What cities were those offers in? New York?


NYC: Kaye, Milbank, Kirkland

DC: Winston, GDC, Fulbright

Anonymous User
Posts: 273151
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GW OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:51 am

Fulbright DC didn't even participate in GW OCI. How could someone have possibly gotten an offer from them already?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273151
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GW OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:...

What cities were those offers in? New York?


D.C.:

Simpson
GDC
Arnold Porter
Crowell
Patton
Sidley
OMM

Kirkland too, but that one is secondhand knowledge.

NYC:

Kaye Scholer
Milbank
Sidley NY




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.