2012 Penn OCI Thread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273142
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 Penn OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:27 am

Anonymous User wrote:Dings from Sullivan & Cromwell, Paul Hastings and Willkie

from cbs?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273142
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 Penn OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:35 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:3L told me Sullivan & Cromwell typically offers same day as callback. Anyone know if this is the case this year?

I heard this too. Interviewed with them Wednesday and haven't heard anything. Assuming it's a ding.


i definitely know of a few people who received on the spot offers from s&c this year.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273142
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 Penn OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:40 am

Sorry to add another question about callback-offer timelines, but does anyone know how long Davis Polk takes to get back to applicants after callbacks?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273142
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 Penn OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:37 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Dings from Sullivan & Cromwell, Paul Hastings and Willkie

from cbs?


Or from OCI? Because I haven't heard a thing since OCI. Snail mail, phone call, or otherwise.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273142
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 Penn OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:24 am

Any news fr ropes post cb?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273142
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 Penn OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:17 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Dings from Sullivan & Cromwell, Paul Hastings and Willkie

from cbs?


Or from OCI? Because I haven't heard a thing since OCI. Snail mail, phone call, or otherwise.


From OCI.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273142
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 Penn OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:25 am

Anonymous User wrote:Dechert Philly offer.


How long after cb/stats?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273142
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 Penn OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:34 pm

Dechert, Schnader snail mail dings.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273142
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 Penn OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Dechert Philly offer.


How long after cb/stats?


Just under a week. A bit above median, secondary.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273142
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 Penn OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:52 pm

Paul Hastings email ding just now. I forget my interviewer. The girl who had to sub in at the last second.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273142
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 Penn OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Paul Hastings email ding just now. I forget my interviewer. The girl who had to sub in at the last second.


+1

Anonymous User
Posts: 273142
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 Penn OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:46 pm

Schulte offer. Callback was Friday.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273142
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 Penn OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:30 pm

Willkie offer on the spot. Finished callback, waited in some recruiting room for a bit, and then met with a new hiring partner who gave the offer after speaking with the people I interviewed with today.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273142
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 Penn OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Willkie offer on the spot. Finished callback, waited in some recruiting room for a bit, and then met with a new hiring partner who gave the offer after speaking with the people I interviewed with today.


City?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273142
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 Penn OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Willkie offer on the spot. Finished callback, waited in some recruiting room for a bit, and then met with a new hiring partner who gave the offer after speaking with the people I interviewed with today.


City?


NYC

Anonymous User
Posts: 273142
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 Penn OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Schulte offer. Callback was Friday.


+1. Callback was wednesday.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273142
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 Penn OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Schulte offer. Callback was Friday.


+1. Callback was wednesday.


+1 Callback was Thursday.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273142
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 Penn OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:00 pm

Have hope, guys!! Just got a callback to an NYC firm that I interviewed the last day of OCI.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273142
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 Penn OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Have hope, guys!! Just got a callback to an NYC firm that I interviewed the last day of OCI.


Care to share which one?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273142
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 Penn OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any word from Saul Ewing or Potter Anderson?


Bumping the Potter Anderson news....has anyone heard anything?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273142
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 Penn OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any word from Saul Ewing or Potter Anderson?


Bumping the Potter Anderson news....has anyone heard anything?

"Not I," said the Northern Delaware hopeful.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273142
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 Penn OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:09 pm

Not to be a debbie downer, but does anyone else not have an offer yet? I'm freaking out.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273142
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 Penn OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:12 pm

I know of many people without offers. I don't have one, and won't even have any real CBs until next week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273142
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 Penn OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:34 pm

No offer yet over here

Anonymous User
Posts: 273142
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 Penn OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:39 pm

I have done a lot of CBs, none has resulted in any sort of decisions. Still have more to go. Secondary markets definitely are slower than how NYC seems to operate. Some firms don't even have hiring committee meetings regularly. Too early in most cases, it's likely that no decision has been made.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.