Mass Mailings and OCI

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Mass Mailings and OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:44 pm

I go to a school with preselects for screening interviews, and just wondered what the general etiquette was for who is OK to mass mail?

Is it ok to mass mail firms that you know you're going to bid on? Similarly, can you mail firms that you know you're NOT going to bid on?

Anonymous User

Re: Mass Mailings and OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I go to a school with preselects for screening interviews, and just wondered what the general etiquette was for who is OK to mass mail?

Is it ok to mass mail firms that you know you're going to bid on? Similarly, can you mail firms that you know you're NOT going to bid on?

Do not mail a firm that says to apply through OCI if they are coming to your school for OCI.
If you're not going to bid on them for OCI and you mail them and they tell you to apply at OCI they're not going to consider your app. They will assume they didn't get your bid at OCI, or assume you bid on them but weren't preselected.

zonto

Re: Mass Mailings and OCI

Postby zonto » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:35 pm

Do people ever run into situations where firms say to apply through OCI process, but the student has reached their Career Services Office's maximum threshold for screener interviews? It seems like a mailed application would be appropriate in that situation, though I'm not sure how you'd find out if you were preselected and shut out or just rejected outright.

Return to “Legal Employment”