Quinn Emanuel?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Quinn Emanuel?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Also, does this mean they are accepting mass mails for NY from schools that weren't invited to these receptions (as none of MVP were, to my knowledge)?

why not send your resume? can't hurt

I'm a SA and figured I'd ask the recruiting office about this -- answer is, if they are coming to your school's OCI, then you should wait to participate in OCI and not submit your stuff early.

You asked your SA firm's recruiting office how to apply to another firm? Fascinating...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Also, does this mean they are accepting mass mails for NY from schools that weren't invited to these receptions (as none of MVP were, to my knowledge)?

I'm a SA and figured I'd ask the recruiting office about this -- answer is, if they are coming to your school's OCI, then you should wait to participate in OCI and not submit your stuff early.

You asked your SA firm's recruiting office how to apply to another firm? Fascinating...

No, I'm a SA at Quinn -- I find it fascinating that you couldn't figure that out on your own.

As to the previous poster, yes. They are still doing OCI at schools where they aren't doing the new recruiting model.

sundance95

Postby sundance95 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:15 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

great use of anon

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:50 pm

still nothing from Quinn here :(

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:52 pm

Has anyone ITT done their callback already?

piccolittle

Postby piccolittle » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:55 pm

Told to bid at my school's OCI. Bad sign? I know it's normal but when all these kids are getting early callbacks it worries me...

chasgoose

Postby chasgoose » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:01 pm

They aren't going to completely ignore Columbia and NYU. I wouldn't worry too much. Remember, they aren't coming to OCI at the schools they are doing this process for.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any CBs for the DC office?

Diff anon bumping this. Anyone heard from DC?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:23 am

interview callback via e-mail from the NYC office... had my application materials in this time last week

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:09 am

Anyone with an SA receive a callback? If so, how'd you deal with it? Did you miss work or schedule it after your program?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:33 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone with an SA receive a callback? If so, how'd you deal with it? Did you miss work or schedule it after your program?

Day off

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:No, I'm a SA at Quinn

Hey buddy, me too :) I wonder if we're sitting in the same office... :shock:

Regarding the firm filling all of its spots early, I wouldn't worry too much: the people in charge of this are smart people and they do a good job of getting summers from many schools. At least they did this year. From what I've seen, there's a pretty even spread across the T14.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:28 pm

Submitted grades and a resume last night and got a call-back this morning. I'm just planning on missing a day of work.

Top 10% Penn/Berkeley/Chicago/Harvard (i.e. non-New York school in that range)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Submitted grades and a resume last night and got a call-back this morning. I'm just planning on missing a day of work.

NYC office?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:No, I'm a SA at Quinn

Hey buddy, me too :) I wonder if we're sitting in the same office... :shock:

How're you two liking it so far?

Also, any idea about what should we expect on our callbacks? This'll be my first one, and I'm sure others are in the same boat.

[Submitted about a week ago and received a callback offer within a couple of days. Very good grades from HYS, top 20% at least]

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Submitted grades and a resume last night and got a call-back this morning. I'm just planning on missing a day of work.

NYC office?

Yep.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:16 pm

So it sounds like people have received callbacks for NYC and LA. Anyone hear from any other offices?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Also, any idea about what should we expect on our callbacks? This'll be my first one, and I'm sure others are in the same boat.

Don't want to turn this into a Q&A (and not sure I'm supposed to), but I'll answer you briefly: great summer; the people I really liked are still here, and I still really like them. As for callbacks, my generic advice for any callback is to remember you're interviewing the firm just as much as they you. While this doesn't mean act like a jerk, it's a good (and realistic) way to frame things in your mind so that you don't get too nervous. In all your callbacks, try to get a sense for if this is the type of person you'd like to have on the other end of an email or phone call, and the type of person you could learn something form. Pay particular attention to the folks in the practice area you're interested in, since you'll work with them more than with the others.

Looking back on my own experience, at the moment you're probably more worried about making a good impression and getting an offer. This is important too, but remember they're simply looking for if they could get along with you. Your research and writing skills are evident from your resume and you can showcase them as a summer. For now, just be friendly, enthusiastic, and optimistic.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:35 pm

So I see a lot of you got callbacks relatively soon after applying. Has anyone been dinged? I applied some time ago and haven't heard anything yet. Should I be worried?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So I see a lot of you got callbacks relatively soon after applying. Has anyone been dinged? I applied some time ago and haven't heard anything yet. Should I be worried?

What office?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:44 pm

Submitted my final transcript and resume today. Hoping I'm not too late. Also top 10% at a non-NY T14.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:So I see a lot of you got callbacks relatively soon after applying. Has anyone been dinged? I applied some time ago and haven't heard anything yet. Should I be worried?

What office?

LA

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

What office?

LA

I applied to their LA office and haven't heard anything back yet. I'm expecting a ding mail soon though.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:01 pm

Any of those still waiting feel like posting office applied to, how long you've been waiting, school range and class rank?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:18 am

I've heard from People Who Know that if you have grades for QE you don't want to work for QE. And it makes sense to me at least - no support staff and partners who're overly focused on the bottom line doesn't sound great.

I guess flip flops are nice.

Return to “Legal Employment”