Quinn Emanuel?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Quinn Emanuel?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
dixon02 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Sooo... Should I apply? One downside of the new system for them is that the applicant pool is not limited to the people who used a valuable bid on them. I don't think I want to work there, but hey, it's a free bid. Is there any downside for me?

Don't see how it can possibly hurt to apply.

What value is there to you? If you have good enough credentials to get an interview at Quinn, then you will definitely have other options. Submitting an application when you have no interest wastes their time and yours.
Not necessarily. I think I'm borderline, just on the outside looking in (and maybe that's charitable). If I need to bid several such firms to have better odds, then I can do this without wasting a bid.

pereatmundus

Postby pereatmundus » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:14 pm

Anyone heard anything recently? Any callbacks? How long between complete application and a response?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:51 pm

Anyone heard anything recently? Any callbacks? How long between complete application and a response?

Sent in resume/transcript/cover letter on Monday. Received a callback offer the next day.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Sent in resume/transcript/cover letter on Monday. Received a callback offer the next day.

stats?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

stats?

MVP, top 10%.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Which office?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Which office?

NY

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Which office?

NY

Other offices are also doing callbacks. Slightly longer time frame, but < 2 weeks.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:41 am

this kind of sucks for S students who still don't have back grades.

Quinn isn't my dream firm but still

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:00 pm

Had everything in about a week ago. Interview callback via email today.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Had everything in about a week ago. Interview callback via email today.

Grades/ school range?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Had everything in about a week ago. Interview callback via email today.

Grades/ school range?

Top 10% at MVP, NYC office by the way

piccolittle

Postby piccolittle » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:14 pm

As a puzzled CN student, anyone have any insight as to why they excluded Columbia/NYU from the new hiring scheme?

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Grades/ school range?

Also, does this mean they are accepting mass mails for NY from schools that weren't invited to these receptions (as none of MVP were, to my knowledge)?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:21 pm

piccolittle wrote:As a puzzled CN student, anyone have any insight as to why they excluded Columbia/NYU from the new hiring scheme?

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Grades/ school range?

Also, does this mean they are accepting mass mails for NY from schools that weren't invited to these receptions (as none of MVP were, to my knowledge)?

Well. V was. So I'm not sure it means that.

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:22 pm

piccolittle wrote:As a puzzled CN student, anyone have any insight as to why they excluded Columbia/NYU from the new hiring scheme?

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Grades/ school range?

why not send your resume? can't hurt

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:17 pm

fatduck wrote:

To who? I'm at CN and would love to send my resume/transcript, but we don't have any information.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
fatduck wrote:

To who? I'm at CN and would love to send my resume/transcript, but we don't have any information.

And those of us at Chicago don't have spring grades yet.

fish52

Postby fish52 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
fatduck wrote:

Are there any recruiting contacts on QE's website? I really don't think they are going to turn down good candidates from CN just because they didn't have a cocktail party there...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:52 pm

+1 for QE LA.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:05 pm

Any CBs for the DC office?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:54 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Grades/ school range?

V was-

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:39 pm

I wonder if they're even going to have any spots left when OCI rolls around.

piccolittle

Postby piccolittle » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:42 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:I wonder if they're even going to have any spots left when OCI rolls around.

Yeah... this thread is making me want to jump on this train even though my school wasn't invited...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Also, does this mean they are accepting mass mails for NY from schools that weren't invited to these receptions (as none of MVP were, to my knowledge)?

I'm a SA and figured I'd ask the recruiting office about this -- answer is, if they are coming to your school's OCI, then you should wait to participate in OCI and not submit your stuff early.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:06 pm

Is Quinn still going to schools it normally does OCI at that weren't invited to participate in this early program?

Return to “Legal Employment”