3.25 GPA at lower T14. What should be bid list look like if

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

3.25 GPA at lower T14. What should be bid list look like if

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:37 pm

Hope someone can help.
3.25 at gulc.
I really, really want Biglaw and would like to bid at firms that aren't that popular at OCI so that I improve my chances of getting something. No law journal, no moot court. I know better than to apply to places like Cadwalader, Prokauer, etc. I was thinking of applying to firms out in Ohio where there are more interview slots than there are bidders. I would love NYC, but that may be tough to get.
Also, am part URM, but you would never know it from my skin color or surname. But, resume points out fluency in foreign language. How about Phila. or NJ?
Can anyone help with a bid list where I maximize my chances at getting at least some call backs?
Much appreciated.

ben4847

Re: 3.25 GPA at lower T14. What should be bid list look like if

Postby ben4847 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:39 pm

As far as the ohio idea goes--don't do it unless you have some decent credibility for why you want to live in ohio.

Peg

Re: 3.25 GPA at lower T14. What should be bid list look like if

Postby Peg » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:47 pm

You're actually better off bidding in New York. There are plenty of NY firms that are not at the Proskauer level.

Return to “Legal Employment”