Concerned about right-wing wacko Google footprint Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
dudeimsocool

New

Re: Concerned about right-wing wacko Google footprint

Post by dudeimsocool » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:45 pm

next thing you know you'll be intolerant if you oppose pedophiles from marrying kids

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:54 pm

dudeimsocool wrote:next thing you know you'll be intolerant if you oppose pedophiles from marrying kids
Woo hoo hoo!

abc12345675

Bronze

Post by abc12345675 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:54 pm

dudeimsocool wrote:next thing you know you'll be intolerant if you oppose pedophiles from marrying kids
Strawman

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:09 pm

abc12345675 wrote:
Strawman
marriage is between a strawman and strawwoman

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:25 pm

This thread is about to blow up.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gold

Post by 094320 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:26 pm

manofjustice

Silver

Post by manofjustice » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:08 pm

Are you sure this footprint is as bad as you think it is?

dudeimsocool

New

Post by dudeimsocool » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:14 pm

fatduck wrote:
abc12345675 wrote:
Strawman
sarcasm

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:17 pm

Considering that it will cost about $5000 to get those results pushed down, I am seriously considering a name change. I spoke with a Big Law partner who is a family friend, and he said my google footprint could present a serious problem. This is coming from a die-hard socially conservative Big Law partner in Dallas, of all places.

What would be the unintended consequences of changing my last name? I have found out it is incredibly easy in my state. In fact, I already have the FBI fingerprint cards, which are the most difficult and time consuming aspect of the process.

My transcript would reflect the new name. The only issue would be getting references to use it, should the firm require references. I don't think that's a huge issue, though, since my first name would be the same. Women change their last names all the time, right? It can't be that difficult for a guy to simply inform references of a name change, right?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Considering that it will cost about $5000 to get those results pushed down, I am seriously considering a name change. I spoke with a Big Law partner who is a family friend, and he said my google footprint could present a serious problem. This is coming from a die-hard socially conservative Big Law partner in Dallas, of all places.

What would be the unintended consequences of changing my last name? I have found out it is incredibly easy in my state. In fact, I already have the FBI fingerprint cards, which are the most difficult and time consuming aspect of the process.

My transcript would reflect the new name. The only issue would be getting references to use it, should the firm require references. I don't think that's a huge issue, though, since my first name would be the same. Women change their last names all the time, right? It can't be that difficult for a guy to simply inform references of a name change, right?
sure, tell them you took your wife's last name. you're just replacing your right-wing wacko Google footprint with a feminist pussy name-changing footprint.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:22 pm

fatduck wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Considering that it will cost about $5000 to get those results pushed down, I am seriously considering a name change. I spoke with a Big Law partner who is a family friend, and he said my google footprint could present a serious problem. This is coming from a die-hard socially conservative Big Law partner in Dallas, of all places.

sure, tell them you took your wife's last name. you're just replacing your right-wing wacko Google footprint with a feminist pussy name-changing footprint.
I think I love you.

flcath

Silver

Post by flcath » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:26 pm

This flame just jumped the shark.

RedBirds2011

Silver

Post by RedBirds2011 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:43 pm

fatduck wrote:
abc12345675 wrote:
Strawman

Lol

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

wiseowl

Silver

Post by wiseowl » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:14 am

A'nold wrote:
fatduck wrote:

I think I love you.
but what am I so afraid of

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:42 am

wiseowl wrote:
A'nold wrote:
fatduck wrote:

I think I love you.
but what am I so afraid of
:)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:15 pm

What about taking "Reproductive Rights" as a 2L? Getting an "A" in that class is fairly likely (easy curve, 2/3 of my 1L classes were in the "A" range, and I got an A+ in Con Law with the same professor). Would taking this class and getting an A in it help to soften the impact of any lingering questions about my right-wing wacko past?

My thought is it would show maturity and balance in conjunction with a private Christian undergrad and some past right-wing writings on social issues (the subject of this thread). On the other hand, a 6-foot straight guy who works out taking "Reproductive Rights" might cause the more bro-ish firms, like Kirkland & Ellis, to scratch their heads in bewilderment ("did he do it just to hook up because he had trouble hooking up the 'normal' way?" :o ).

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What about taking "Reproductive Rights" as a 2L? Getting an "A" in that class is fairly likely (easy curve, 2/3 of my 1L classes were in the "A" range, and I got an A+ in Con Law with the same professor). Would taking this class and getting an A in it help to soften the impact of any lingering questions about my right-wing wacko past?

My thought is it would show maturity and balance in conjunction with a private Christian undergrad and some past right-wing writings on social issues (the subject of this thread). On the other hand, a 6-foot straight guy who works out taking "Reproductive Rights" might cause the more bro-ish firms, like Kirkland & Ellis, to scratch their heads in bewilderment.
yes, this will do the trick. be sure to list your Reproductive Rights grade separately on your resume, under your gpa. balance the effect with K&E interviewers by shotgunning a beer right before you sit down for your screener.

i think you should have all your bases covered, now.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”