CB to Offer ratios

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

CB to Offer ratios

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:53 pm

Is there a solid source of information about these ratios? I did a bit of searching but couldn't find anything comprehensive. My school doesn't maintain this info, but I thought others might.

ran12

Re: CB to Offer ratios

Postby ran12 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:04 pm

There's going to be bias towards people reporting or not depending on how happy they are about how they did. Any info out there is prob skewed.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:10 pm

ran12 wrote:There's going to be bias towards people reporting or not depending on how happy they are about how they did. Any info out there is prob skewed

Nah, some schools maintain and release that sort of information internally, and I think they manage to get a pretty full set of data.

I think it's something like around 1/3 of callbacks turning into offers for our school (somewhere in the T14).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
ran12 wrote:There's going to be bias towards people reporting or not depending on how happy they are about how they did. Any info out there is prob skewed

Nah, some schools maintain and release that sort of information internally, and I think they manage to get a pretty full set of data.

I think it's something like around 1/3 of callbacks turning into offers for our school (somewhere in the T14).

OP Here. I was hoping for info on firm-specific ratios. I've read random comments about certain firms having really high ratios and others with lower ratios being more about "fit." I was hoping to get a more comprehensive view of which firms had high ratios and which firms have low ones.

Postby 09042014 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

OP Here. I was hoping for info on firm-specific ratios. I've read random comments about certain firms having really high ratios and others with lower ratios being more about "fit." I was hoping to get a more comprehensive view of which firms had high ratios and which firms have low ones.

There is some old CLS data from like 2007 or something. I don't know how accurate it would be. I believe that firms change their patterns when new people run the recruiting drive.

ben4847

Postby ben4847 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:10 pm

HLS has very comprehensive data on this.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I mean I have that data for my school, but to actually answer "which firms have high" and "which firms have low" I'd have to go through and manually do that, which I'm a bit lazy to do. If you have like a specific firm you're hoping to know about I can look it up, though.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I mean I have that data for my school, but to actually answer "which firms have high" and "which firms have low" I'd have to go through and manually do that, which I'm a bit lazy to do. If you have like a specific firm you're hoping to know about I can look it up, though.

Looking for data on LA litigation heavy firms. Specifically Munger, Irell, Quinn, and Gibson. Would also be helpful to know what school/range it is coming from since i'm at a non-HYS T14.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:01 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I mean I have that data for my school, but to actually answer "which firms have high" and "which firms have low" I'd have to go through and manually do that, which I'm a bit lazy to do. If you have like a specific firm you're hoping to know about I can look it up, though.

Looking for data on LA litigation heavy firms. Specifically Munger, Irell, Quinn, and Gibson. Would also be helpful to know what school it is coming from, since i'm at a non-HYS T14.

Edited.

ben4847

Postby ben4847 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:04 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Looking for data on LA litigation heavy firms. Specifically Munger, Irell, Quinn, and Gibson. Would also be helpful to know what school it is coming from, since i'm at a non-HYS T14.

For the sample size instead of giving you exact numbers, I'm going to round to the nearest multiple of 5.

This is HLS data from 2010.

Yeah, I usually don't post data on the internet, that you need a school login to access
Last edited by ben4847 on Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:06 am

ben4847 wrote:Yeah, I usually don't post data on the internet, that you need a school login to access

This wasn't a passive-aggressive comment at all.

ben4847

Postby ben4847 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:09 am

bk1 wrote:
ben4847 wrote:Yeah, I usually don't post data on the internet, that you need a school login to access

This wasn't a passive-aggressive comment at all.

I meant to be actually aggressive, but I guess it came across kind of passive

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:This is HLS data from 2010.

Thanks, this was very helpful. I hope that at least the CB/Offer ratio holds true for my school. I'm guessing that our screener -> CB % will be lower, but at least I have CB median numbers to help me gauge probabilities there.

ETA - This is OP. The only person who has your comment quoted is your uptight classmate. I appreciate your sharing and will do so with similar data from my school when it will help someone out.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:14 am

ben4847 wrote:
Yeah, I usually don't post data on the internet, that you need a school login to access

It's the very purpose of anon for these forums. I've benefited from other ppl posting much stronger leaks before. I have the full spreadsheets from some other T14s. Schools should be more transparent. HLS will live if specific data about 4 firms is out there on the internet. Besides, I only planned to leave it up there long enough for OP to see.

ben4847

Postby ben4847 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:34 am

Anonymous User wrote:
ben4847 wrote:

It's the very purpose of anon for these forums. I've benefited from other ppl posting much stronger leaks before. I have the full spreadsheets from some other T14s. Schools should be more transparent. HLS will live if specific data about 4 firms is out there on the internet. Besides, I only planned to leave it up there long enough for OP to see.

Cool. Can you post some info from your firm about mergers you know are in the works?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:00 am

ben4847 wrote:
Cool. Can you post some info from your firm about mergers you know are in the works?

No, that would threaten to hurt the firm, but you sure are annoying.

ben4847

Postby ben4847 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:09 am

Anonymous User wrote:
ben4847 wrote:

No, that would threaten to hurt the firm, but you sure are annoying.

That's good. At least you don't betray some confidences. Only when you disagree with the reasons you are being asked to keep a secret.
Or maybe only when you're not concerned about losing your job.

Return to “Legal Employment”