TTT Transfer Bidding Question

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
jessuf

TTT Transfer Bidding Question

Postby jessuf » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:28 pm

Top 1% at TTT transferring to GULC. I'm thinking of participating in the On Tour Interview Program (east coast schools share an OCI in a few non-east coast cities) in a region I have some ties to. I'm only interested in these firms:

Davis Polk
Dechert
Jones Day
Skadden
Sheppard Mullin

The system is pure lottery, so do you think it's worth doing any of these interviews if my bid gets the interview and I am in town for that date anyway? Or am I better off doing something fun and enjoyable because they are just going to laugh at my resume anyway?

zomginternets

Re: TTT Transfer Bidding Question

Postby zomginternets » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:59 pm

DPW & Skadden might laugh at your resume. Sheppard Mullin will not. I have a non-transfer friend who was top 1% at a T3 and is now summering at Sheppard Mullin. It's not an east coast office that he's at, but I don't imagine their hiring practices are hugely different..

I don't see why you wouldn't do the interview if you got it and you're in town anyway. Is your 20 minutes going to be that much better spent doing something else?

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:06 pm

zomginternets wrote:DPW & Skadden might laugh at your resume. Sheppard Mullin will not. I have a non-transfer friend who was top 1% at a T3 and is now summering at Sheppard Mullin. It's not an east coast office that he's at, but I don't imagine their hiring practices are hugely different..

I don't see why you wouldn't do the interview if you got it and you're in town anyway. Is your 20 minutes going to be that much better spent doing something else?

Good point. I was going to interview over in CA but also mention the other markets (aside from DC) I have ties to, like FL. XOXO makes Skadden sound like they accept a lot of T2/TTT students but that may have been pre-2008. I will probably just do it since it's only a few firms.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:19 pm

JD likes transfers, especially if they have hired from your old school in the past. Several SAs last summer were transfers who went TTT-t14.

Return to “Legal Employment”