When to begin mass mailing?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273493
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

When to begin mass mailing?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:56 pm

I'm in TX all summer, where I want to work post-graduation. But I attend school outside of TX. When should I begin mass mailing firms in TX with the hopes of snagging some interviews before I head back to school in August?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273493
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: When to begin mass mailing?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:53 pm

Anyone? Sooner the better?

User avatar
jessuf
Posts: 12569
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: When to begin mass mailing?

Postby jessuf » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:19 pm

After July 4. Mention in your cover letter you are in town for the summer.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273493
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: When to begin mass mailing?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:25 pm

Jessuf wrote:After July 4. Mention in your cover letter you are in town for the summer.


Thanks for responding.

Why after July 4th? What's special about that date?

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: When to begin mass mailing?

Postby fatduck » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Jessuf wrote:After July 4. Mention in your cover letter you are in town for the summer.


Thanks for responding.

Why after July 4th? What's special about that date?

probably don't want to betray that attitude in texas, comrade

User avatar
AreJay711
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: When to begin mass mailing?

Postby AreJay711 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:37 pm

I've mailed a few large firms that are not doing OCI at my school but I am only staying in town until July 20 and was trying to get an interview before I left. Maybe it was too early though.

david_niedrauer
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:40 pm

Re: When to begin mass mailing?

Postby david_niedrauer » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:25 am

AreJay711 wrote:I've mailed a few large firms that are not doing OCI at my school but I am only staying in town until July 20 and was trying to get an interview before I left. Maybe it was too early though.


How do you even have grades? I only have LRW from the spring semester. I am also going the mass mailing route.

User avatar
AreJay711
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: When to begin mass mailing?

Postby AreJay711 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:05 am

david_niedrauer wrote:
AreJay711 wrote:I've mailed a few large firms that are not doing OCI at my school but I am only staying in town until July 20 and was trying to get an interview before I left. Maybe it was too early though.


How do you even have grades? I only have LRW from the spring semester. I am also going the mass mailing route.


IDK, I've had my grades for about 2 weeks.

david_niedrauer
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:40 pm

Re: When to begin mass mailing?

Postby david_niedrauer » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:59 am

AreJay711 wrote:
david_niedrauer wrote:
AreJay711 wrote:I've mailed a few large firms that are not doing OCI at my school but I am only staying in town until July 20 and was trying to get an interview before I left. Maybe it was too early though.


How do you even have grades? I only have LRW from the spring semester. I am also going the mass mailing route.


IDK, I've had my grades for about 2 weeks.


One (of many) advantage(s) of smaller class sizes.

I am going to an SF and NYC job fair through my school. I have strong ties to SF but not to NYC. How would I go about setting up interviews to other (boutique) firms while I am in these cities interviewing with the big firms? Or is this not the typical approach?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.