Top 15%/LR at Lower T1. Shot at Biglaw?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Top 15%/LR at Lower T1. Shot at Biglaw?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:35 am

Sitting right at top 15% at a T35-50 with LR. Experience in a niche field. Would target DC(ties)/NYC as well as smaller markets like Upstate NY(ties) and Baltimore. For reasons I'm still trying to comprehend, my school doesn't use a bidding process. Not sure if any others have experience with this, but I'm a little confused as to how this will affect my strategy if at all.

So is it worth my time to really get into this over the next two months? Thoughts?

rad lulz

Re: Top 15%/LR at Lower T1. Shot at Biglaw?

Postby rad lulz » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:38 am

You're anon. Just say your school.

Aberzombie1892

Postby Aberzombie1892 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:45 am

If your school doesn't use a bidding process, it presumably has a preselect system - so apply to everyone at OCI.

ggocat

Postby ggocat » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:57 am

Anonymous User wrote:So is it worth my time to really get into this over the next two months? Thoughts?

Yes. If you get a job, you win the law school lottery. That's what you're there to do, so you might as well try.

Return to “Legal Employment”