(Boutique) International Arbitration firms Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

(Boutique) International Arbitration firms

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:40 pm

my 1L summer i worked at one of the top firms in Asia (it is not a separate office of a US/UK biglaw). i was fortunate enough to be invited back to the same firm during my 2L summer for the month of June. as for July, I am interning at UNCITRAL which is an international arb forum. i go to a TT and grades are average. how should i market myself during my 3L year? the market my school caters to tends to be insular and have minimum international practice.

also, can anyone tell me good boutique international arb firms? I know Kobre & Kim is one but I don't think i have a shot at them.

cities i prefer are (in order): NYC, DC, Philly. LA sure, but Id like to stay on the east coast.

Anonymous User

Re: (Boutique) International Arbitration firms

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:53 pm

OP, wish I could help but I can't speak intelligently on the issue. Would you mind describing the nature of your work with the Asian firm/how you landed the internship in the first place? Best of luck

Anonymous User

Re: (Boutique) International Arbitration firms

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP, wish I could help but I can't speak intelligently on the issue. Would you mind describing the nature of your work with the Asian firm/how you landed the internship in the first place? Best of luck
OP here. it's just like an SA gig without an offer due to firm policies. I can't comment much on the substantive work but I did so some work with the int'l arb team and other teams. it's just you get assignments when the firm needs you to do them - sometimes from a pool, sometimes individual assignments.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”