HLS 2012 EIP Thread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS 2012 EIP Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:44 pm

Did Paul Weiss yesterday and seriously considering going there over cravatu, sullcrom, cleary, dpw. Really loved it there. Am I crazy?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS 2012 EIP Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:58 pm

No, Paul Weiss is still a top firm.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS 2012 EIP Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:02 pm

Any dings from Munger, Akin, APorter, Kirkland DC, JonesdayDC, Boies NY WM?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS 2012 EIP Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:04 pm

So I see ppl got Boies CBs and dings from WM a while ago... if I havent heard back might I be in a WL situation in which an emaionraffirming interest could help?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS 2012 EIP Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:31 pm

Well looks like I struck out... Adios hls... Good luck y'all

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS 2012 EIP Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Well looks like I struck out... Adios hls... Good luck y'all

Dropping out?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS 2012 EIP Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:45 pm

Dings from OMM CC, K&E LA, and Pillsburry LA - oddly relieving to hear back, even if it's not a positive result

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS 2012 EIP Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:15 pm

Seriously, still no Williams?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS 2012 EIP Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Well looks like I struck out... Adios hls... Good luck y'all


Grades? Work experience? Personality?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS 2012 EIP Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:23 pm

Anyone else out there yet to hear from the Paul Weiss screener? I'm assuming it's a no, but I've heard nothing. How do they send their dings?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS 2012 EIP Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone else out there yet to hear from the Paul Weiss screener? I'm assuming it's a no, but I've heard nothing. How do they send their dings?

I have heard nothing (NY, interviewer TM).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS 2012 EIP Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Well looks like I struck out... Adios hls... Good luck y'all

Damn. I feel for you, and I am not sure I won't be in the same position after a couple callbacks. But don't let TLS get to you. Think this through long and hard, and remember LIPP.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS 2012 EIP Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:37 pm

Anything from W&C?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS 2012 EIP Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:46 pm

Anyone else waiting on Boies NY lit still?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS 2012 EIP Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:57 pm

foley & lardner dc

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS 2012 EIP Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:57 pm

Cleary NY email ding.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS 2012 EIP Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:15 pm

GP DC ding

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS 2012 EIP Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Cleary NY email ding.

+1. Interviewer LJ.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS 2012 EIP Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:45 pm

has anyone heard from mofo la?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS 2012 EIP Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:45 pm

Anyone hear from Wilson Sonsini or Skadden Palo Alto?
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS 2012 EIP Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Did Paul Weiss yesterday and seriously considering going there over cravatu, sullcrom, cleary, dpw. Really loved it there. Am I crazy?


Yes. It is absolutely crazy to choose a firm full of people that you love being around, doing the type of work that excites you, over a set of other firms where you'll be paid exactly the same amount (yet possibly have to work longer hours) in order to ensure that an infinitesimal fraction of the Earth's population will consider your place of employment marginally more "prestigious" in a ranking yielded by one of the more scientifically-dubious survey methodologies on record.

Fucking nuts, I'd say.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS 2012 EIP Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Did Paul Weiss yesterday and seriously considering going there over cravatu, sullcrom, cleary, dpw. Really loved it there. Am I crazy?


Yes. It is absolutely crazy to choose a firm full of people that you love being around, doing the type of work that excites you, over a set of other firms where you'll be paid exactly the same amount (yet possibly have to work longer hours) in order to ensure that an infinitesimal fraction of the Earth's population will consider your place of employment marginally more "prestigious" in a ranking yielded by one of the more scientifically-dubious survey methodologies on record.

Fucking nuts, I'd say.

Well said.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS 2012 EIP Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Did Paul Weiss yesterday and seriously considering going there over cravatu, sullcrom, cleary, dpw. Really loved it there. Am I crazy?


Yes. It is absolutely crazy to choose a firm full of people that you love being around, doing the type of work that excites you, over a set of other firms where you'll be paid exactly the same amount (yet possibly have to work longer hours) in order to ensure that an infinitesimal fraction of the Earth's population will consider your place of employment marginally more "prestigious" in a ranking yielded by one of the more scientifically-dubious survey methodologies on record.

Fucking nuts, I'd say.

Well said.


Just be sure you are picking the firm for the right reasons, and aren't just drinking exaggerated marketing kool-aid. A tough line to ascertain, for sure.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS 2012 EIP Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:34 pm

Also I think people really really overestimate how much "top students" at HLS really do mechanically flock to a small set of "prestigious firms." By my count, last year Law Review students who didn't work for the government or NGOs worked at 29 different places. It's not like there was a set of firms stocked with HLR editors. Instead, only a handful of firms had more than one HLR student, such as Cravath, SullCrom, Irell, AltshulerBerzon, JonesDay, WilmerHale, and by more than one I mean 2-4. Even those students who you would think could really have their choice of firms really do end up choosing a wide variety of firms ranging from those traditionally thought of as targets for "tippy top" students and others than are supposedly for more middle-of-the-road people. In other words, fit really does seem to influence screeners and students more than you'd expect.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS 2012 EIP Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Did Paul Weiss yesterday and seriously considering going there over cravatu, sullcrom, cleary, dpw. Really loved it there. Am I crazy?


Yes. It is absolutely crazy to choose a firm full of people that you love being around, doing the type of work that excites you, over a set of other firms where you'll be paid exactly the same amount (yet possibly have to work longer hours) in order to ensure that an infinitesimal fraction of the Earth's population will consider your place of employment marginally more "prestigious" in a ranking yielded by one of the more scientifically-dubious survey methodologies on record.

Fucking nuts, I'd say.


Obviously someone has either made up their mind to go to PW and attempting to justify it by convincing others to join him, or this is a PW recruiter trolling the threads.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.