HLS 2012 EIP Thread Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: HLS 2012 EIP Thread

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:30 am

Anonymous User wrote:I got the complete opposite impression of the doom and gloom in this thread. Know multiple people with top offers that have below median grades. It really comes down to personality and how you click with your interviewer. It's kind of disheartening how random the whole process is.
It helps if you have an ivy undergrad, work experience at a firm or at a big-name company....

If you went to a shit school and worked in the public interest in your 1L summer, median grades aren't gonna rocket you to the top. You gotta play safe.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:33 am

Anonymous User wrote: what are top offers and what are below median grades? we talking straight Ps going to V10? or a few Hs going to V30?
Everyone I know with 0-2Ps are going to V60-V100 firms (6 or 7 people), but could just be the people I know.
I've got below median grades (1H, 1DS) and got a V5 offer, along with several other good options. Normal UG/1L job. I think I'm a very good interviewer and I have a little WE, but I think it shows that the "toughness" this year was not necessarily about grades. Just one data point...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:01 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I got the complete opposite impression of the doom and gloom in this thread. Know multiple people with top offers that have below median grades. It really comes down to personality and how you click with your interviewer. It's kind of disheartening how random the whole process is.
what are top offers and what are below median grades? we talking straight Ps going to V10? or a few Hs going to V30?
Everyone I know with 0-2Ps are going to V60-V100 firms (6 or 7 people), but could just be the people I know.
The former. I know multiple people with 0-2 Ps at V5 firms.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
what are top offers and what are below median grades? we talking straight Ps going to V10? or a few Hs going to V30?
Haven't heard of any trouble for people targeting NYC. Have heard of struggles and strikeouts in secondaries - specifically DC, Texas, and Cali.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:50 pm

I too get the sense DC was tough, at least in firms being very cautious with offers. I bid exclusively there (6H/4P), did quite a few CBs, only 2 offers, and no offers til the end of the 3rd CB week. Happy to have gotten anything, but just surprised after OCS/last year's EIP students were so optimistic about my chances.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:47 pm

NorCal was fairly competitive because there just really aren't very many slots total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:19 am

Anonymous User wrote:NorCal was fairly competitive because there just really aren't very many slots total.
Idk if it's competitive. I know someone at median who did v. well there.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:33 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:NorCal was fairly competitive because there just really aren't very many slots total.
Idk if it's competitive. I know someone at median who did v. well there.

Ties mean more than grades/other factors IMHO.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:25 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I assume you mean 0-2 Hs? If so, I'm impressed. Especially the straight P-ers. Good work experience/Ivy undergrad?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:50 pm

Did anyone who used Kirkland as a host get their reimbursement from them yet? If so, what office/when did you send it.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I assume you mean 0-2 Hs? If so, I'm impressed. Especially the straight P-ers. Good work experience/Ivy undergrad?
Yeah sorry, that's what I meant. And no actually, mostly no work experience and a mix of Ivy and non-Ivy undergrads.

cidergirl

New

Post by cidergirl » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:57 am

The data career services released this year didn't include grade distributions. Are there any distributions people made in prior years? I get the impression that my grades are subpar. I'd love to hear how people with similar grades fared during EIP. Thanks in advance!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:46 am

cidergirl wrote:The data career services released this year didn't include grade distributions. Are there any distributions people made in prior years? I get the impression that my grades are subpar. I'd love to hear how people with similar grades fared during EIP. Thanks in advance!
This question really should have been asked in the 2013 thread.

I don't know how subpar subpar is. I do know that the people who struggled to find jobs had relatively bad grades, but I also know that among people with relatively bad grades, the large majority do get the jobs they are looking for. Half the class has grades that are average or below, and only about 35 students do 3L EIP.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”