Law School
Admissions
Law
Schools
Law
Students
TLS
Forums

Forum Index     Latest Posts     Forum Search     Mobile (on/off)     See Also: Rankings/Profiles   Interviews   LSAT Prep   TLS Stats

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Post new topic Anonymous post new topic Reply to topic Anonymous reply to topic   [ 16 posts ] 
 Post subject: Accessing NALP Directory
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:31 am 

So the NALP Directory format changed at some point over the past 6 months (haven't looked at it in awhile), and the format is much better, but A LOT of firms that used to be listed (including ones with 200+ attorneys) aren't anymore, which is irritating.

Is there anyway to access the NALP sheets for the firms that were recently removed? I mean, they were on the internet a few months ago; they've gotta still be out there somewhere, right?

Post subject: Re: Accessing NALP Directory
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:43 am 

flcath wrote:
So the NALP Directory format changed at some point over the past 6 months (haven't looked at it in awhile), and the format is much better, but A LOT of firms that used to be listed (including ones with 200+ attorneys) aren't anymore, which is irritating.

Is there anyway to access the NALP sheets for the firms that were recently removed? I mean, they were on the internet a few months ago; they've gotta still be out there somewhere, right?

I just had this same problem. It is very annoying. Some very large firms are missing. Looking forward to the answer on this one.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:56 am 

Any good answers here? This is really kind of important (not to knock the bulk of TLS threads).

rayiner?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:24 am 

flcath wrote:
This is really kind of important

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:08 pm 

It's not an ideal situation, but many firms put their NALP sheets on their websites under the "Career" tabs. My guess would be that even if they didn't update them for the new NALP site, their old ones still may be available that way.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:13 pm 

They probably haven't gotten all the data back up. What markets you looking at?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:39 pm 

i assumed that they launched the new site at the same time this year's nalp forms were due. When I first looked at the new site, many texas firms weren't up yet. Now many more are up. My guess is that they didn't bother putting last year's forms on the new site and are just loading firms in the order in which they respond to the nalp questions.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:31 pm 

I will bump this until we get an answer of some kind.

With all the (again, no offense to posters) utter shit that's posted on TLS, this question merits an answer.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:32 pm 

flcath wrote:

With all the (again, no offense to posters) utter shit that's posted on TLS, this question merits an answer.

Have you emailed NALP to ask them?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:38 pm 

bk1 wrote:
flcath wrote:

Yeah but they haven't gotten back to me. (It's the weekend.)

I'm not an internet expert, but it strikes me as insane that this stuff isn't accessible somewhere.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:41 pm 

Didn't they put out a print directory from last year? You could probably use that to at least find firm names and get updated info from their websites.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:43 pm 

flcath wrote:
bk1 wrote:
flcath wrote:

I'm not an internet expert, but it strikes me as insane that this stuff isn't accessible somewhere.

Might be accessible via the Wayback Machine though I think you'd need the actual url of the firm form you want.

ETA: Print directory is also genius. I think my school's library had a copy.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:45 pm 

bk1 wrote:
flcath wrote:
bk1 wrote:
flcath wrote:

Might be accessible via the Wayback Machine though I think you'd need the actual url of the firm form you want.

ETA: Print directory is also genius. I think my school's library had a copy.

Martindale also contains pretty much also the NALP firms, and then some. It's just a lot more work.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:15 pm 

As to the Martindale idea, they don't seem to have all the info that NALP did. Namely, they don't seem to have salaries listed. Or offer rates. (The important shit.)

As to the printed NALP directory, is anyone aware of a .pdf file somewhere online?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:40 pm 

flcath wrote:
As to the Martindale idea, they don't seem to have all the info that NALP did. Namely, they don't seem to have salaries listed. Or offer rates. (The important shit.)

As to the printed NALP directory, is anyone aware of a .pdf file somewhere online?

You can google "x-firm 2011 nalp form." Firms seem to post their forms on their website each year. Something like this http://www.lockelord.com/files/Uploads/Documents/2011_nalp_houston.pdf Locke lord hasn't posted their new nalp form yet, so this is the type of form I assume you're looking for.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:29 am 

nonprofit-prophet wrote:
flcath wrote:

You can google "x-firm 2011 nalp form." Firms seem to post their forms on their website each year. Something like this http://www.lockelord.com/files/Uploads/Documents/2011_nalp_houston.pdf Locke lord hasn't posted their new nalp form yet, so this is the type of form I assume you're looking for.

Yeah, couldn't get it this way, but I know FOR A FACT that they had a sheet on the old website. They also told me in-person what the pay is, but, being a shithead moron who forgets what the end goal of employment is, I promptly forgot it by the end of the interview.

Post new topic Anonymous post new topic Reply to topic Anonymous reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]