Accessing NALP Directory

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
flcath
Posts: 1502
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:39 pm

Accessing NALP Directory

Postby flcath » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:31 am

So the NALP Directory format changed at some point over the past 6 months (haven't looked at it in awhile), and the format is much better, but A LOT of firms that used to be listed (including ones with 200+ attorneys) aren't anymore, which is irritating.

Is there anyway to access the NALP sheets for the firms that were recently removed? I mean, they were on the internet a few months ago; they've gotta still be out there somewhere, right?

User avatar
kwais
Posts: 1683
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Accessing NALP Directory

Postby kwais » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:43 am

flcath wrote:So the NALP Directory format changed at some point over the past 6 months (haven't looked at it in awhile), and the format is much better, but A LOT of firms that used to be listed (including ones with 200+ attorneys) aren't anymore, which is irritating.

Is there anyway to access the NALP sheets for the firms that were recently removed? I mean, they were on the internet a few months ago; they've gotta still be out there somewhere, right?


I just had this same problem. It is very annoying. Some very large firms are missing. Looking forward to the answer on this one.

flcath
Posts: 1502
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:39 pm

Re: Accessing NALP Directory

Postby flcath » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:56 am

Any good answers here? This is really kind of important (not to knock the bulk of TLS threads).

rayiner?

User avatar
sambeber
Posts: 254
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:05 pm

Re: Accessing NALP Directory

Postby sambeber » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:24 am

flcath wrote:This is really kind of important

Sup Kid
Posts: 557
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:49 pm

Re: Accessing NALP Directory

Postby Sup Kid » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:08 pm

It's not an ideal situation, but many firms put their NALP sheets on their websites under the "Career" tabs. My guess would be that even if they didn't update them for the new NALP site, their old ones still may be available that way.

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6216
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Accessing NALP Directory

Postby rayiner » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:13 pm

They probably haven't gotten all the data back up. What markets you looking at?

nonprofit-prophet
Posts: 845
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:10 am

Re: Accessing NALP Directory

Postby nonprofit-prophet » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:39 pm

i assumed that they launched the new site at the same time this year's nalp forms were due. When I first looked at the new site, many texas firms weren't up yet. Now many more are up. My guess is that they didn't bother putting last year's forms on the new site and are just loading firms in the order in which they respond to the nalp questions.

flcath
Posts: 1502
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:39 pm

Re: Accessing NALP Directory

Postby flcath » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:31 pm

I will bump this until we get an answer of some kind.

With all the (again, no offense to posters) utter shit that's posted on TLS, this question merits an answer.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 17219
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Accessing NALP Directory

Postby bk1 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:32 pm

flcath wrote:I will bump this until we get an answer of some kind.

With all the (again, no offense to posters) utter shit that's posted on TLS, this question merits an answer.


Have you emailed NALP to ask them?

flcath
Posts: 1502
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:39 pm

Re: Accessing NALP Directory

Postby flcath » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:38 pm

bk1 wrote:
flcath wrote:I will bump this until we get an answer of some kind.

With all the (again, no offense to posters) utter shit that's posted on TLS, this question merits an answer.


Have you emailed NALP to ask them?

Yeah but they haven't gotten back to me. (It's the weekend.)

I'm not an internet expert, but it strikes me as insane that this stuff isn't accessible somewhere.

badaboom61
Posts: 399
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:36 pm

Re: Accessing NALP Directory

Postby badaboom61 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:41 pm

Didn't they put out a print directory from last year? You could probably use that to at least find firm names and get updated info from their websites.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 17219
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Accessing NALP Directory

Postby bk1 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:43 pm

flcath wrote:
bk1 wrote:
flcath wrote:I will bump this until we get an answer of some kind.

With all the (again, no offense to posters) utter shit that's posted on TLS, this question merits an answer.


Have you emailed NALP to ask them?

Yeah but they haven't gotten back to me. (It's the weekend.)

I'm not an internet expert, but it strikes me as insane that this stuff isn't accessible somewhere.


Might be accessible via the Wayback Machine though I think you'd need the actual url of the firm form you want.

ETA: Print directory is also genius. I think my school's library had a copy.

badaboom61
Posts: 399
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:36 pm

Re: Accessing NALP Directory

Postby badaboom61 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:45 pm

bk1 wrote:
flcath wrote:
bk1 wrote:
flcath wrote:I will bump this until we get an answer of some kind.

With all the (again, no offense to posters) utter shit that's posted on TLS, this question merits an answer.


Have you emailed NALP to ask them?

Yeah but they haven't gotten back to me. (It's the weekend.)

I'm not an internet expert, but it strikes me as insane that this stuff isn't accessible somewhere.


Might be accessible via the Wayback Machine though I think you'd need the actual url of the firm form you want.

ETA: Print directory is also genius. I think my school's library had a copy.


Martindale also contains pretty much also the NALP firms, and then some. It's just a lot more work.

flcath
Posts: 1502
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:39 pm

Re: Accessing NALP Directory

Postby flcath » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:15 pm

As to the Martindale idea, they don't seem to have all the info that NALP did. Namely, they don't seem to have salaries listed. Or offer rates. (The important shit.)

As to the printed NALP directory, is anyone aware of a .pdf file somewhere online?

nonprofit-prophet
Posts: 845
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:10 am

Re: Accessing NALP Directory

Postby nonprofit-prophet » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:40 pm

flcath wrote:As to the Martindale idea, they don't seem to have all the info that NALP did. Namely, they don't seem to have salaries listed. Or offer rates. (The important shit.)

As to the printed NALP directory, is anyone aware of a .pdf file somewhere online?


You can google "x-firm 2011 nalp form." Firms seem to post their forms on their website each year. Something like this --LinkRemoved-- Locke lord hasn't posted their new nalp form yet, so this is the type of form I assume you're looking for.

flcath
Posts: 1502
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:39 pm

Re: Accessing NALP Directory

Postby flcath » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:29 am

nonprofit-prophet wrote:
flcath wrote:As to the Martindale idea, they don't seem to have all the info that NALP did. Namely, they don't seem to have salaries listed. Or offer rates. (The important shit.)

As to the printed NALP directory, is anyone aware of a .pdf file somewhere online?


You can google "x-firm 2011 nalp form." Firms seem to post their forms on their website each year. Something like this --LinkRemoved-- Locke lord hasn't posted their new nalp form yet, so this is the type of form I assume you're looking for.

Yeah, couldn't get it this way, but I know FOR A FACT that they had a sheet on the old website. They also told me in-person what the pay is, but, being a shithead moron who forgets what the end goal of employment is, I promptly forgot it by the end of the interview.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.