Bay Area Diversity Fair 2012

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273234
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bay Area Diversity Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:04 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anybody have an idea of the timelines for Mofo, Weil, and/or Morgan Lewis? Can't recall if any of them gave an estimate like others in this thread did...


I can confirm Morgan Lewis gave out some CBs yesterday.

Do you know which Morgan Lewis office?


Palo Alto

Fuck, I guess no callbacks for me then.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273234
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bay Area Diversity Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:22 pm

Orrick phone ding.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273234
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bay Area Diversity Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Orrick phone ding.

Phone ding? Is that common practice??

I find that kind of awkward...

User avatar
Evaly
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: Bay Area Diversity Fair 2012

Postby Evaly » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Orrick phone ding.

Phone ding? Is that common practice??

I find that kind of awkward...


I was just thinking the same. It must be really disappointing to get the phone call and realize it is a ding. But at least they are quick about it. I hate waiting weeks to hear only to find out by snail mail.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273234
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bay Area Diversity Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:41 pm

Evaly wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Orrick phone ding.

Phone ding? Is that common practice??

I find that kind of awkward...


I was just thinking the same. It must be really disappointing to get the phone call and realize it is a ding. But at least they are quick about it. I hate waiting weeks to hear only to find out by snail mail.


It's an Orrick thing. I (and a ton of other people) found it super off-putting, since it's so out of the ordinary among firms. A few other places (Stoel Rives in PDX, for example) do this too. Just send a fucking email.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273234
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bay Area Diversity Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:59 pm

Is it safe to assume if you didn't get a callback yet, you aren't going to get one?

Also, anyone hear from Winston?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273234
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bay Area Diversity Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Bryan Cave, Bingham, or Cooley?


Callback from Cooley

Anonymous User
Posts: 273234
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bay Area Diversity Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:05 pm

Any news from Holland & Knight or White & Case?

User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: Bay Area Diversity Fair 2012

Postby Emma. » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Bryan Cave, Bingham, or Cooley?


Callback from Cooley


Which office? Also, PM me?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273234
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bay Area Diversity Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:09 pm

Emma. wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Bryan Cave, Bingham, or Cooley?


Callback from Cooley


Which office? Also, PM me?


Silicon Valley

Anonymous User
Posts: 273234
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bay Area Diversity Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Is it safe to assume if you didn't get a callback yet, you aren't going to get one?

Not for all firms.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273234
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bay Area Diversity Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:12 pm

Anyone heard from Wilson?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273234
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bay Area Diversity Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:31 pm

All the firms I interviewed with said two or three weeks, so im assuming thats still correct..

Anonymous User
Posts: 273234
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bay Area Diversity Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:32 pm

Holland & Knight told me "within the week."

Anonymous User
Posts: 273234
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bay Area Diversity Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:39 pm

Any new news?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273234
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bay Area Diversity Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any new news?

All quiet on the western front.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273234
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bay Area Diversity Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:20 pm

Interestingly, I got a call from my school to cancel my bid with Jones Day since apparently the firm had let them know I had already interviewed with them during this diversity fair.

Surprised the firm was so coordinated across offices to know who screened who and where. Also, I didn't know you were precluded from interviewing at one office of a firm if you had already interviewed with an office in a different location.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273234
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bay Area Diversity Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Interestingly, I got a call from my school to cancel my bid with Jones Day since apparently the firm had let them know I had already interviewed with them during this diversity fair.

Surprised the firm was so coordinated across offices to know who screened who and where. Also, I didn't know you were precluded from interviewing at one office of a firm if you had already interviewed with an office in a different location.


Definitely not unusual and it's something that our CDO stressed heavily to us. Some firms may not care as much, but they do talk. Legal world is small.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273234
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bay Area Diversity Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Interestingly, I got a call from my school to cancel my bid with Jones Day since apparently the firm had let them know I had already interviewed with them during this diversity fair.

Surprised the firm was so coordinated across offices to know who screened who and where. Also, I didn't know you were precluded from interviewing at one office of a firm if you had already interviewed with an office in a different location.


Definitely not unusual and it's something that our CDO stressed heavily to us. Some firms may not care as much, but they do talk. Legal world is small.

I guess only a few firms will limit you to one office? I know some firms encourage interviewing with multiple offices...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273234
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bay Area Diversity Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:37 pm

Cooley email ding. Not sure if that's relevant in this thread (maybe people only want to hear about callbacks), but I thought people would like to know in case they still have nothing.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273234
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bay Area Diversity Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:00 pm

Kirkland phone callback.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273234
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bay Area Diversity Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:05 pm

WilmerHale e-mail ding after requesting self-identification.

User avatar
DildaMan
Posts: 383
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:03 pm

Re: Bay Area Diversity Fair 2012

Postby DildaMan » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:WilmerHale e-mail ding after requesting self-identification.


^ After submitting the self-identification too. lol

Anonymous User
Posts: 273234
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bay Area Diversity Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:57 pm

Mofo email ding. Fuck'em, that interviewer was awful.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273234
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bay Area Diversity Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:59 pm

Yup. They dropped all the early morning interviews at my school's OCI.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.