2012 NU OCI

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:28 pm

3.4 - 3.5 GPA
13 Chicago screeners, all big firms
3 CBs, 4 dings, waiting to hear from the other 6.

I feel very lucky to have my 3 CBs and I'm not expecting to get any more.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:33 pm

Flips88 wrote:How/why do you know so many of your friends' GPAs?


We'll say I know ranges. Because these folks are fairly close and we celebrate eachother's wins. We aren't sharing transcripts or anything, just general ranges, as we have all freaked out at different parts of OCI.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:43 pm

anyone heard back from bingham mccutchen boston?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:anyone heard back from bingham mccutchen boston?


Not me.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:50 pm

Anyone heard anything from K&L or SNR here in chicago?

How about V&E or Baker Botts in any of the Texas locales?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:01 pm

complete silence with k&l gates. thought the interview went really well too...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:05 pm

sherman sterling ny?
complete silence for me. i thought i did pretty well. i even heard back on the thank u note (thought this was a good sign)
any one heard back?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:anyone heard back from bingham mccutchen boston?


Not me.


me neither

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:anyone heard back from bingham mccutchen boston?


Not me.


me neither


+1. Anyone has heard from Goodwin?

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby IAFG » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Flips88 wrote:How/why do you know so many of your friends' GPAs?


We'll say I know ranges. Because these folks are fairly close and we celebrate eachother's wins. We aren't sharing transcripts or anything, just general ranges, as we have all freaked out at different parts of OCI.

I know this will be hard to believe, but it's actually pretty common for people to lie or mislead. Lie? About grades? I know, it's hard to imagine. I even know of someone who lied about having a 3.9 when in reality they had a 3.8. You'd think that they'd be proud enough with reality, but alas.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:anyone heard back from bingham mccutchen boston?


Not me.


me neither


+1. Anyone has heard from Goodwin?


Goodwin Email Ding
3.65-3.75

User avatar
Lieut Kaffee
Posts: 774
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:01 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Lieut Kaffee » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:27 pm

IAFG wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Flips88 wrote:How/why do you know so many of your friends' GPAs?


We'll say I know ranges. Because these folks are fairly close and we celebrate eachother's wins. We aren't sharing transcripts or anything, just general ranges, as we have all freaked out at different parts of OCI.

I know this will be hard to believe, but it's actually pretty common for people to lie or mislead. Lie? About grades? I know, it's hard to imagine. I even know of someone who lied about having a 3.9 when in reality they had a 3.8. You'd think that they'd be proud enough with reality, but alas.

I don't like Flips's tone. You're more than welcome to be uber super private about grades and guard them like Fort Knox and never touch on the subject around another human being (many Nlaw-ers are like this), but a group of friends who are perfectly comfortable knowing each other's grades is nothing to sneer at.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:35 pm

News from Allen & Overy anyone?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:News from Allen & Overy anyone?


Crickets. I think they're still celebrating the Diamond Jubilee

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Goodwin Email Ding
3.65-3.75


Which office? Anybody hear from Goodwin DC?
Last edited by Anonymous User on Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:News from Allen & Overy anyone?


Crickets. I think they're still celebrating the Diamond Jubilee


Lol. I hadn't considered that possibility. Hopefully, we're both still in the running.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:48 pm

so no one heard from sherman sterling ny?
now this is getting my hopes up ...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:58 pm

I haven't heard from Shearman & Sterling either and also feel like the interview went well. The interviewer told me to expect to hear back from him in about a week though, which seemed like an uncomfortably long wait for an NYC firm...

Has anyone else heard anything? Feeling really impatient :-/.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:12 pm

Silence from Shearman for me too.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:10 pm

FAEGRE BAKER DANIELS?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:3.4 - 3.5 GPA
13 Chicago screeners, all big firms
3 CBs, 4 dings, waiting to hear from the other 6.

I feel very lucky to have my 3 CBs and I'm not expecting to get any more.


That's impressive (and depressing).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:02 am

Is it safe to assume that callbacks are over? I imagine pretty much every firm would have done it by now.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18424
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby bk1 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:04 am

Anonymous User wrote:Is it safe to assume that callbacks are over? I imagine pretty much every firm would have done it by now.

No.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:44 am

Anonymous User wrote:Is it safe to assume that callbacks are over? I imagine pretty much every firm would have done it by now.


No, not safe to assume that. Some big NYC firms will move fast, but others are slow. I remember I scheduled my callbacks over the last week of August and the first week of September, and half my callbacks came in while I was traveling. I think one or two came in shortly after the trip. These late callbacks were all big firms in NYC and Chicago, places like MWE, Latham, Foley, etc.

This does not mean wait and see what happens until mid-September. Hustle until you get an offer, but be prepared to have callbacks coming in over the next couple of weeks.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:43 pm

Now that OCI first round callbacks are presumably out here is my list. 3.6 GPA bidding Chicago and New York.

Chicago CBs: Latham, Winston, Chapman, Katten, Mayer, Kirkland, MWE

Rejections Chicago: Schiff, Jenner, Skadden

Crickets Chicago: Sidley, Foley, Quarles,

New York Callbacks: Cadwalader, Weil, Dechert,

Crickets NY: S&C

Rejection NY: Cravath




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.