2012 NU OCI

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
happy-go-lucky
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:30 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby happy-go-lucky » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:31 pm

can we just talk about OCI swag for a second? i'm digging the umbrella that kirkland gave out. :D

User avatar
D-hops
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:48 pm

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby D-hops » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:33 pm

happy-go-lucky wrote:can we just talk about OCI swag for a second? i'm digging the umbrella that kirkland gave out. :D


What umbrella? Was this in the OCI rooms?

User avatar
Georgia Avenue
Posts: 414
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:42 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Georgia Avenue » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:33 pm

happy-go-lucky wrote:can we just talk about OCI swag for a second? i'm digging the umbrella that kirkland gave out. :D


OCI swag power rankings:

1. KE umbrella
2. Paul Hastings laser pointer
3. Mayer Brown grammaphone thing

Pokemon
Posts: 1861
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:58 pm

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Pokemon » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:35 pm

Paul Hastings also had that nice game thingy. I am looking for a second one, too risky to bring it apart and then put it back together without a model. In terms of quantity, Goodwin wins it for me.

happy-go-lucky
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:30 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby happy-go-lucky » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:36 pm

D-hops wrote:
happy-go-lucky wrote:can we just talk about OCI swag for a second? i'm digging the umbrella that kirkland gave out. :D


What umbrella? Was this in the OCI rooms?


i think they were only handed out by the interviewers. i saw some people get badass deflatable water bottles instead of umbrellas because they ran out of umbrellas or something.

by the way, kirkland interview probably the fastest i've ever spoken in my life. at least i got an umbrella.
Last edited by happy-go-lucky on Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273385
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I guess, sorry--someone asked so I reported...not sure what else to say...guess firms really mean it when they say they are looking at more than GPA...good luck with presidents office


anon with the zero response from OCI here.
i for one appreciate any news. people are too quick to yell flame. if you were able to get all these callbacks with that gpa, then there's hope for me. still crossing my fingers. so thanks for reporting.


It's not that I am unhappy for that person or anything, its just that it is statistically so unlikely that dozens of us on this forum with better metrics have heard nothing but silence but a single random person with lower scores has secured more CBs than everyone else combined, including from firms notoriously GPA focused. Not impossible, just statistically more likely to be BS.

I really do want to know, for all our benefit, is there something unique? Do you fit a diversity criteria or something that would give you a one over, have you been blackmailing people, or are you just an awesome person?

Seriously, if all that is true and there is none of the aforementioned justification for it, you should go buy yourself a nice steak dinner and a trophy because you just won Law School OCI.



It's a little sad that people here can't just be happy for our fellow classmates who are having success during OCI. I understand it's a defense mechanism for people who maybe aren't doing as well as they'd hoped, but for the record, jumping to asking someone whether they are "diverse" because they've done better than you is TACKY and presumptive. Additionally, it shows that you assume you know it all-- exactly what criteria firms use, what a person's soft qualifications may be, etc. Consider that maybe firms aren't giving you as many callbacks because your attitude sucks.

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby IAFG » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:37 pm

Damn, I forgot about swag. Now I am mad I blew off OCI.

User avatar
D-hops
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:48 pm

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby D-hops » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:37 pm

I am PISSED I didn't get an umbrella. I'm going to have to finagle one somehow.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273385
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:38 pm

Anyone get a callback from Fenwick & West or know someone who got a callback from them?

User avatar
Remnantofisrael
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 4:38 pm

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Remnantofisrael » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:39 pm

D-hops wrote:This thread has confirmed my suspicions that the rising 2Ls have a bunch of crazies.


I retaliate against that conundrum and would prefer you to bacon umbrellas if it pleases the king of the color blue and letters 7 and igneous.

happy-go-lucky
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:30 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby happy-go-lucky » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:40 pm

D-hops wrote:I am PISSED I didn't get an umbrella. I'm going to have to finagle one somehow.


it seems like a darn good umbrella too. has one of those auto deploy buttons. :D i also have enough bad headphones to last me a lifetime, but at least they were free.

User avatar
Georgia Avenue
Posts: 414
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:42 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Georgia Avenue » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:40 pm

D-hops wrote:I am PISSED I didn't get an umbrella. I'm going to have to finagle one somehow.


One more year of being a broke law student ftw

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby IAFG » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:It's a little sad that people here can't just be happy for our fellow classmates who are having success during OCI. I understand it's a defense mechanism for people who maybe aren't doing as well as they'd hoped, but for the record, jumping to asking someone whether they are "diverse" because they've done better than you is TACKY and presumptive. Additionally, it shows that you assume you know it all-- exactly what criteria firms use, what a person's soft qualifications may be, etc. Consider that maybe firms aren't giving you as many callbacks because your attitude sucks.

Yeah. Real friends are happy for each other.

Plus it's super tacky to wonder why someone with atypical results has atypical results. Anyone who would ponder that is probably a terrible person and interviewer.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273385
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:43 pm

IAFG wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:It's a little sad that people here can't just be happy for our fellow classmates who are having success during OCI. I understand it's a defense mechanism for people who maybe aren't doing as well as they'd hoped, but for the record, jumping to asking someone whether they are "diverse" because they've done better than you is TACKY and presumptive. Additionally, it shows that you assume you know it all-- exactly what criteria firms use, what a person's soft qualifications may be, etc. Consider that maybe firms aren't giving you as many callbacks because your attitude sucks.

Yeah. Real friends are happy for each other.

Plus it's super tacky to wonder why someone with atypical results has atypical results. Anyone who would ponder that is probably a terrible person and interviewer.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
D-hops
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:48 pm

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby D-hops » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
IAFG wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:It's a little sad that people here can't just be happy for our fellow classmates who are having success during OCI. I understand it's a defense mechanism for people who maybe aren't doing as well as they'd hoped, but for the record, jumping to asking someone whether they are "diverse" because they've done better than you is TACKY and presumptive. Additionally, it shows that you assume you know it all-- exactly what criteria firms use, what a person's soft qualifications may be, etc. Consider that maybe firms aren't giving you as many callbacks because your attitude sucks.

Yeah. Real friends are happy for each other.

Plus it's super tacky to wonder why someone with atypical results has atypical results. Anyone who would ponder that is probably a terrible person and interviewer.


I have a feeling you might have missed a bit of sarcasm in that post...

User avatar
Remnantofisrael
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 4:38 pm

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Remnantofisrael » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:46 pm

IAFG wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:It's a little sad that people here can't just be happy for our fellow classmates who are having success during OCI. I understand it's a defense mechanism for people who maybe aren't doing as well as they'd hoped, but for the record, jumping to asking someone whether they are "diverse" because they've done better than you is TACKY and presumptive. Additionally, it shows that you assume you know it all-- exactly what criteria firms use, what a person's soft qualifications may be, etc. Consider that maybe firms aren't giving you as many callbacks because your attitude sucks.

Yeah. Real friends are happy for each other.

Plus it's super tacky to wonder why someone with atypical results has atypical results. Anyone who would ponder that is probably a terrible person and interviewer.


Or maybe they think the internet is full of liars and trolls but I don't know why.

Image

Personally, I'm a terrible person and interviewer for far more enjoyable reasons.

User avatar
Remnantofisrael
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 4:38 pm

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Remnantofisrael » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:48 pm

Seriously, though, 90% of this is my fault because I stirred the pot initially- I swear on the ghost of Learned Hand that I really was just trying to mess around - so for the sake of going back to talking about potential abortions etc. can we all just blame me, call me a jerk with no class and move on?

edit:spelling
Last edited by Remnantofisrael on Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273385
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:49 pm

Can we please get back to data-sharing about callbacks, dings, etc? Please?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273385
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Someone asked, so here it goes:

SullCrom
New York
CB
Phone


i'm going to run and cry now. (but congrats!)


Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard from WilmerHale NYC? SullCrom dings? (I saw there was a SullCrom CB)


Anon w/CB here. I literally posted like 5 minutes after I got the CB (normally would wait) because I didn't think I would be in front of a computer for a while. I hope I didn't stress anyone out for no reason.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273385
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Can we please get back to data-sharing about callbacks, dings, etc? Please?


Got anything for us bruh?

People with a Winston CB - how did it come in? Saw one earlier who got an e-mail - anyone else?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273385
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:53 pm

.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273385
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone get a callback from Fenwick & West or know someone who got a callback from them?


PM me.


Why so secretive? Just let everyone know what you know. Change names to protect the innocent if you have to.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273385
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:02 pm

Jones Day Chi cb via phone (not going to give more details at this time, but more calls could definitely still be going out).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273385
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Can we please get back to data-sharing about callbacks, dings, etc? Please?


Got anything for us bruh?

People with a Winston CB - how did it come in? Saw one earlier who got an e-mail - anyone else?


Anon with the email post, I was actually called by the associate of the pair I interviewed with. I didn't have my phone so she left a message then sent the email

Anonymous User
Posts: 273385
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:04 pm

Has s&c given ding yet?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.