2012 NU OCI

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:39 pm

Boies email callback.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Boies email callback.


Office?

User avatar
homestyle28
Posts: 2312
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby homestyle28 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:21 pm

I propose we have a uniform format to make this all easier:

1: [Firm Name] CB/Ding
2: [Office]
3: [Stats] (it's anon just post your general GPA for crying out loud)

Suggestions?

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18422
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby bk1 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:26 pm

homestyle28 wrote:I propose we have a uniform format to make this all easier:

1: [Firm Name] CB/Ding
2: [Office]
3: [Stats] (it's anon just post your general GPA for crying out loud)

Suggestions?


Only thing I'd change is next to CB/Ding to add whether it was phone/email/snailmail/carrierpigeon/smokesignal/etc.

User avatar
homestyle28
Posts: 2312
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby homestyle28 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:29 pm

bk1 wrote:
homestyle28 wrote:I propose we have a uniform format to make this all easier:

1: [Firm Name] CB/Ding
2: [Office]
3: [Stats] (it's anon just post your general GPA for crying out loud)

Suggestions?


Only thing I'd change is next to CB/Ding to add whether it was phone/email/snailmail/carrierpigeon/smokesignal/etc.


Sounds right, add it to first post?

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18422
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby bk1 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:14 pm

homestyle28 wrote:Sounds right, add it to first post?


Done (forgot I was the OP... not that I can't edit every OP on this website :P).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Boies email callback.


Office?


CA

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:45 pm

Irell phone callback.
GPA - 3.8-3.9.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:30 pm

schiff chi phone callback, 3.6-3.7

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:20 pm

Leaving out GPA for now

1: Skadden CB
2: New York
3:
4: Phone

1: Cravath Ding
2: New York
3:
4: E-mail

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:29 pm

Do firms generally make all their callbacks at the same time?

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18422
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby bk1 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Do firms generally make all their callbacks at the same time?


Some do, some don't.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:00 pm

Goddamn these firms are fast.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Goddamn these firms are fast.


Weil CB (NYC)
Phone
3.6-3.7
Also invited to dinner.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:42 pm

well that's a bummer. guess i didn't get a Weil CB then because no call and no dinner invitation.

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13624
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Flips88 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:45 pm

Well none of the firms I interviewed with have extended CBs...at least as far as i know...


...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Goddamn these firms are fast.


Weil CB (NYC)
Phone
3.6-3.7
Also invited to dinner.

Any more Weil? It seems that a lot of CB decisions occurred today.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Goddamn these firms are fast.


Weil CB (NYC)
Phone
3.6-3.7
Also invited to dinner.

Any more Weil? It seems that a lot of CB decisions occurred today.


well they're probably out at dinner right now if they got a cb haha ...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Goddamn these firms are fast.


Weil CB (NYC)
Phone
3.6-3.7
Also invited to dinner.

Any more Weil? It seems that a lot of CB decisions occurred today.


well they're probably out at dinner right now if they got a cb haha ...

haha you're totally right :D

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:29 pm

has anyone heard from davis polk?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:36 pm

Fried frank dc email ding 3.6-3.7

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:11 pm

Skadden (Chicago) callback
Phone
3.9-4.0

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Skadden (Chicago) callback
Phone
3.9-4.0



balls

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Skadden (Chicago) callback
Phone
3.9-4.0



balls


I got a callback after close of business yesterday, about four hours after the first reported callback went out. So, don't count yourself out yet.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Skadden (Chicago) callback
Phone
3.9-4.0



balls


I got a callback after close of business yesterday, about four hours after the first reported callback went out. So, don't count yourself out yet.

Yeah, your interviewer is the one making the callback so they have a list of calls to make throughout their work day. Some may do it earlier than others.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.