2012 NU OCI Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: 2012 NU OCI

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:thanks. anyone with info on chi?
For me it varied from day after to a few weeks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:41 pm

any 3Ls out there...
should i assume that i am not getting cb from the firms that i have not heard back by now?

STILL no word from out on sherman sterling ny, cadwalader ny, linklaters ny, paul weiss ny proskauer la, sidley ny, kirkland sf, freshfields ny.

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:any 3Ls out there...
should i assume that i am not getting cb from the firms that i have not heard back by now?

STILL no word from out on sherman sterling ny, cadwalader ny, linklaters ny, paul weiss ny proskauer la, sidley ny, kirkland sf, freshfields ny.
Do you ask because you're not sure if you should take an offer you have, or do you ask because you're waiting for things to get desperate enough to start hustling?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:04 pm

IAFG wrote:

Do you ask because you're not sure if you should take an offer you have, or do you ask because you're waiting for things to get desperate enough to start hustling?
Well, wanted to ask if there has been any case if callbacks from the OCI ever happened at this point.
(not ready to empty out hope i guess although i kinda expect the ding emails are in process)

i have one call back scheduled next week, and am also already mass mailing to firms in nyc
but getting a call back in anyone of the mentioned above would definitely end this anxiety way sooner.

btw, do you know how mass mailing to nyc (or cities other than chicago here for that matter) actually works?
am i flying out for 1st interview, and then 2nd round of interviews equivalent to callbacks ?
has anyone been through this or know how this works?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
IAFG wrote:

Well, wanted to ask if there has been any case if callbacks from the OCI ever happened at this point.
(not ready to empty out hope i guess although i kinda expect the ding emails are in process)

i have one call back scheduled next week, and am also already mass mailing to firms in nyc
but getting a call back in anyone of the mentioned above would definitely end this anxiety way sooner.

btw, do you know how mass mailing to nyc (or cities other than chicago here for that matter) actually works?
am i flying out for 1st interview, and then 2nd round of interviews equivalent to callbacks ?
Was told by a guy at my orientation who hustled his way into a biglaw job (he was class of 2012 I believe) that he offered/paid his own way for mass mail screeners and callbacks outside of Chicago. Not sure if it got him the gig, but it can't hurt to offer.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Was told by a guy at my orientation who hustled his way into a biglaw job (he was class of 2012 I believe) that he offered/paid his own way for mass mail screeners and callbacks outside of Chicago. Not sure if it got him the gig, but it can't hurt to offer.
I doubt any firm would pay for a screener so I think if they are asking for a screener it makes sense to bite the bullet and pay to fly yourself out there. For CBs, they at least want you so I would see if they'd pay for it and only pay my own way if they weren't willing.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
IAFG wrote:

Was told by a guy at my orientation who hustled his way into a biglaw job (he was class of 2012 I believe) that he offered/paid his own way for mass mail screeners and callbacks outside of Chicago. Not sure if it got him the gig, but it can't hurt to offer.
thanks so much~ kinda obvious question, but you mention this(offering to pay for the trip) when u hear back from them right?
it would be ridiculous to offer this in cover letter..

also, when one mass mails, has anyone ever mailed to the hiring partner instead of a legal recruiter?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:04 pm

Has anyone had a CB with Fenwick & West? Offers?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:07 pm

Anyone receive offers from Jones Day Chicago or Kirkland Chicago?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone receive offers from Jones Day Chicago or Kirkland Chicago?
Silence from JD since CB last week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone receive offers from Jones Day Chicago or Kirkland Chicago?
Silence from Kirkland cb last week. When I asked at the end, the recruiting woman wasn't sure when the committee was meeting because of labor day weekend.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:33 pm

It only takes one: after getting brutalized in Chicago(1 for 12 on screeners to CBs) I got an offer this afternoon from my 1 firm.

Don't give up hope folks!

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:It only takes one: after getting brutalized in Chicago(1 for 12 on screeners to CBs) I got an offer this afternoon from my 1 firm.

Congrats!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:It only takes one: after getting brutalized in Chicago(1 for 12 on screeners to CBs) I got an offer this afternoon from my 1 firm.

'Grats bro.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:42 pm

congrats! any chance you'll share the firm :D

homestyle28

Gold

Post by homestyle28 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

PM me.

Icculus

Silver

Post by Icculus » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:22 pm

homestyle28 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

PM me.
Good thing that original post is anon.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

homestyle28

Gold

Post by homestyle28 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:23 pm

Icculus wrote:
homestyle28 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

PM me.
Good thing that original post is anon.
Word. couldn't decide if it would be seen as helpful to share the info or a dick-move/humble brag...I will let the internet decide.

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:26 pm

homestyle28 wrote:
Word. couldn't decide if it would be seen as helpful to share the info or a dick-move/humble brag...I will let the internet decide.
SO HUMBLE

j/k i'm happy for you man

Icculus

Silver

Post by Icculus » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:26 pm

homestyle28 wrote:
Icculus wrote: Good thing that original post is anon.
Congrats, man. I personally see it as helpful it really does prove you really only need one CB as long as it results in an offer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Silence from Kirkland cb last week. When I asked at the end, the recruiting woman wasn't sure when the committee was meeting because of labor day weekend.
Shitty...hopefully they don't usually meet on Mondays...

Anonymous User wrote:
Silence from JD since CB last week.
Did you happen to ask about timeline? b/c I didn't...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Georgia Avenue

Bronze

Post by Georgia Avenue » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:29 pm

Always great to see good things happen to good people. Glad it worked out for you.

homestyle28

Gold

Post by homestyle28 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:08 pm

Georgia Avenue wrote:Always great to see good things happen to good people. Glad it worked out for you.
IAFG wrote: SO HUMBLE

j/k i'm happy for you man
Icculus wrote:
Congrats, man. I personally see it as helpful it really does prove you really only need one CB as long as it results in an offer.
Thanks all. Seriously if I can get one, anyone can. Good luck.

ETA: seriously sorry if it at all came off dickish.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:12 pm

have a lot of people heard either way (good or bad) from Sidley Chi?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:have a lot of people heard either way (good or bad) from Sidley Chi?
No word from Sidley here. Assuming no bueno since it's been almost 2 weeks

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”