morrison and foerster

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273206
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

morrison and foerster

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:20 pm

anyone have any thoughts on this firm? specifically SF and NYC. stability, prestige, quality of work, quality of firm, selectivity, compensation? thanks!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273206
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: morrison and foerster

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:31 pm

It's amazing. Go away, it's mine :P

SchopenhauerFTW
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: morrison and foerster

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:32 pm

MoFo = the credited firm.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273206
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: morrison and foerster

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:anyone have any thoughts on this firm? specifically SF and NYC. stability, prestige, quality of work, quality of firm, selectivity, compensation? thanks!


Anonymous User wrote:It's amazing. Go away, it's mine :P


you guys care to expand on this? I'm familiar with the xoxo "MoFo SF litigators unequivocally CRUSH the SF bar scene" meme but am looking for some more solid info. thanks.

User avatar
Borhas
Posts: 4853
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: morrison and foerster

Postby Borhas » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:25 pm

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:MoFo = the credited firm.


Why?

Please don't be influenced by their hip (?) website

SchopenhauerFTW
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: morrison and foerster

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:15 pm

Borhas wrote:
SchopenhauerFTW wrote:MoFo = the credited firm.


Why?

Please don't be influenced by their hip (?) website
I was thinking more about the xo memes mentioned earlier, but generally it's pretty prestigious.

I'm bumping this thread so that OP can get the information that he or she is looking for.

User avatar
Detrox
Posts: 411
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:58 pm

Re: morrison and foerster

Postby Detrox » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:45 pm

They're "quirky" and YOU BETTER ACKNOWLEDGE IT BECAUSE EVEN THEY'RE WEBSITE SAYS HOW DIFFERENT THEY ARE.

Good SF firm is good, strong asia/japan practice. Not amazing, not bad. Check chambers. Forget where they are ranked in vault, but its probably about right for prestige.

User avatar
dood
Posts: 1639
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:59 am

Re: morrison and foerster

Postby dood » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:34 pm

lol @ people who think any law firm is prestigious.

rhodes scholly = prestigious
gold medal at olympics = prestigious
partner at bain capital = prestigious
SCOTUS clerkship = prestigious

slaving away 70 hours a week for a measly $160K is not prestigious, BRO.

User avatar
Borhas
Posts: 4853
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: morrison and foerster

Postby Borhas » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:36 pm

dood wrote:lol @ people who think any law firm is prestigious.

rhodes scholly = prestigious
gold medal at olymipics = prestigious
partner at bain venture capital = prestigious
SCOTUS clerkship = prestigious

slaving away 70 hours a week for a measly $160K is not prestigious, BRO.


No one cares about scotus clerkships except lawyers. NOT prestigious

User avatar
dood
Posts: 1639
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:59 am

Re: morrison and foerster

Postby dood » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:39 pm

Borhas wrote:
dood wrote:lol @ people who think any law firm is prestigious.

rhodes scholly = prestigious
gold medal at olymipics = prestigious
partner at bain venture capital = prestigious
SCOTUS clerkship = prestigious

slaving away 70 hours a week for a measly $160K is not prestigious, BRO.


No one cares about scotus clerkships except lawyers. NOT prestigious


fair. to be fair, i did rank it last.

User avatar
kwais
Posts: 1683
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: morrison and foerster

Postby kwais » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:40 pm

dood wrote:lol @ people who think any law firm is prestigious.

rhodes scholly = prestigious
gold medal at olympics = prestigious
partner at bain capital = prestigious
SCOTUS clerkship = prestigious

slaving away 70 hours a week for a measly $160K is not prestigious, BRO.


This is one of my favorite lulzy TLS memes. Hipster to the max. Do you know what most people on this earth do for a living? It's not six figure corporate law. It's something shittier.

User avatar
Borhas
Posts: 4853
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: morrison and foerster

Postby Borhas » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:43 pm

kwais wrote:
dood wrote:lol @ people who think any law firm is prestigious.

rhodes scholly = prestigious
gold medal at olympics = prestigious
partner at bain capital = prestigious
SCOTUS clerkship = prestigious

slaving away 70 hours a week for a measly $160K is not prestigious, BRO.


This is one of my favorite lulzy TLS memes. Hipster to the max. Do you know what most people on this earth do for a living? It's not six figure corporate law. It's something shittier.


King of England is prestigious
Prince of Persia is prestigious
Medal of Honor winner is prestigious
Seal Team Six is prestigious
Winning jeopardy 8 times in a row is prestigious

BigLawyer is well off

User avatar
dood
Posts: 1639
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:59 am

Re: morrison and foerster

Postby dood » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:45 pm

kwais wrote:
dood wrote:lol @ people who think any law firm is prestigious.

rhodes scholly = prestigious
gold medal at olympics = prestigious
partner at bain capital = prestigious
SCOTUS clerkship = prestigious

slaving away 70 hours a week for a measly $160K is not prestigious, BRO.


This is one of my favorite lulzy TLS memes. Hipster to the max. Do you know what most people on this earth do for a living? It's not six figure corporate law. It's something shittier.


i just want to dispel the myth so people dont make a career decision on something completely irrelevant. the only question you should be asking when deciding between firms is: where can i exert the least amount of effort and gain the moast amount of capital and/or superior exit options that increase my chances of earning future capital?

User avatar
dood
Posts: 1639
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:59 am

Re: morrison and foerster

Postby dood » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:45 pm

Borhas wrote:
kwais wrote:
dood wrote:lol @ people who think any law firm is prestigious.

rhodes scholly = prestigious
gold medal at olympics = prestigious
partner at bain capital = prestigious
SCOTUS clerkship = prestigious

slaving away 70 hours a week for a measly $160K is not prestigious, BRO.


This is one of my favorite lulzy TLS memes. Hipster to the max. Do you know what most people on this earth do for a living? It's not six figure corporate law. It's something shittier.


King of England is prestigious
Prince of Persia is prestigious
Medal of Honor winner is prestigious
Seal Team Six is prestigious
Winning jeopardy 8 times in a row is prestigious

BigLawyer is well off


wut about getting all the emblems on MW3 prestige mode?

User avatar
dood
Posts: 1639
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:59 am

Re: morrison and foerster

Postby dood » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:47 pm

kwais wrote:
dood wrote:lol @ people who think any law firm is prestigious.

rhodes scholly = prestigious
gold medal at olympics = prestigious
partner at bain capital = prestigious
SCOTUS clerkship = prestigious

slaving away 70 hours a week for a measly $160K is not prestigious, BRO.


This is one of my favorite lulzy TLS memes. Hipster to the max. Do you know what most people on this earth do for a living? It's not six figure corporate law. It's something shittier.


like what, six figure IP law?? :wink:

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: morrison and foerster

Postby fatduck » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:50 pm

dood wrote:
Borhas wrote:
kwais wrote:
dood wrote:lol @ people who think any law firm is prestigious.

rhodes scholly = prestigious
gold medal at olympics = prestigious
partner at bain capital = prestigious
SCOTUS clerkship = prestigious

slaving away 70 hours a week for a measly $160K is not prestigious, BRO.


This is one of my favorite lulzy TLS memes. Hipster to the max. Do you know what most people on this earth do for a living? It's not six figure corporate law. It's something shittier.


King of England is prestigious
Prince of Persia is prestigious
Medal of Honor winner is prestigious
Seal Team Six is prestigious
Winning jeopardy 8 times in a row is prestigious

BigLawyer is well off


wut about getting all the emblems on MW3 prestige mode?

Image

User avatar
sunynp
Posts: 1899
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: morrison and foerster

Postby sunynp » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:55 pm

King of England is prestigious


England doesn't have a King.

Anyway, what's a king to a god?



OP : sorry to derail - all I know about Mo Fo is that the NYC office seems ok.

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: morrison and foerster

Postby fatduck » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:55 pm

sunynp wrote:
King of England is prestigious


England doesn't have a King.

Anyway, what's a king to a god?



OP : sorry to derail - all I know about Mo Fo is that the NYC office seems ok.

england has had more kings than the universe has had gods

RELIGION THREAD, GO

User avatar
Borhas
Posts: 4853
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: morrison and foerster

Postby Borhas » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:56 pm

dood wrote:
wut about getting all the emblems on MW3 prestige mode?


#1 on Starcraft: Brood War ranking is prestigious
Winning a cultural victory in civ 4 on diety is prestigious
Beating Deep Blue in chess is prestigious

Getting all the mw3 emblems means you have too much TTTime

User avatar
sunynp
Posts: 1899
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: morrison and foerster

Postby sunynp » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:51 am

fatduck wrote:
sunynp wrote:
King of England is prestigious


England doesn't have a King.

Anyway, what's a king to a god?

OP : sorry to derail - all I know about Mo Fo is that the NYC office seems ok.

england has had more kings than the universe has had gods

RELIGION THREAD, GO

Was hoping someone would reply:
What's a god to a nonbeliever, who doesn't believe in anything.

Also it isn't true that England has more kings than gods - just the subcontinent of india Aline has more gods than England has had kings. Or you could count all of Asia if you want - way more gods than kings of England.

User avatar
Big Shrimpin
Posts: 2468
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:35 pm

Re: morrison and foerster

Postby Big Shrimpin » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:55 am

I lol'd.

User avatar
cantaboot
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:12 am

Re: morrison and foerster

Postby cantaboot » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:07 am

I think when people talk about prestige they think of a place that has quite a lot of cool people even though the work can be stressful, plus a brand name that can reflect well on your ability even when you are not working there anymore. so 'mofo' might very well satisfy these criteria.

SchopenhauerFTW
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: morrison and foerster

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:24 am

OP: are you gunning for IP?

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: morrison and foerster

Postby fatduck » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:43 am

sunynp wrote:
fatduck wrote:
sunynp wrote:
King of England is prestigious


England doesn't have a King.

Anyway, what's a king to a god?

OP : sorry to derail - all I know about Mo Fo is that the NYC office seems ok.

england has had more kings than the universe has had gods

RELIGION THREAD, GO

Was hoping someone would reply:
What's a god to a nonbeliever, who doesn't believe in anything.

Also it isn't true that England has more kings than gods - just the subcontinent of india Aline has more gods than England has had kings. Or you could count all of Asia if you want - way more gods than kings of England.

they only think they have gods, chief.

User avatar
sunynp
Posts: 1899
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: morrison and foerster

Postby sunynp » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:04 pm

Couldn't quote from my phone - sorry.

But that is the point right- what is a god to a non-believer. You don't think those gods exist so they mean nothing to you.

Which is relevant to the thread because prestige is the same thing- the value of prestige is only that given it by people who are invested in it. No one else gives a shit.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.