CCN top 10 percent

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

CCN top 10 percent

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:55 pm

What are my "reach" firms? Assume NY/DC. Wachtell and Cravath? Wilmerhale and Covington?

Anonymous User

Re: CCN top 10 percent

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:06 pm

Need more info. BF%, mile time, bench, and brand of suit/shoes?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What are my "reach" firms? Assume NY/DC. Wachtell and Cravath? Wilmerhale and Covington?

How do you tell if you are in the top 10% at CCN?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:What are my "reach" firms? Assume NY/DC. Wachtell and Cravath? Wilmerhale and Covington?

How do you tell if you are in the top 10% at CCN?

estimating based on things I've seen on this forum/heard around school. could be wrong.

lakerfanimal

Postby lakerfanimal » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:13 pm

i dont think you have a reach firm- your grades probably aren't going to keep you out anywhere, the other factors will come into play.

Magnificent

Postby Magnificent » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:15 am

Wilmer and Covington are 50/50. Top DC firms not only require top grades but also connections to DC. You need to show them why you want to be in DC because there are many people with top grades who wanna be in DC so you need to set yourself apart. If you don't have good DC connections then you'll need to be at least top 5% to get offers at WH and Covington. I know too many folks with top 10% grades and law review at CCN who did not get callbacks at Wilmer and Covington, let alone offers.

You'll most likely get an offer at Cravath as long as you don't mess up the full-day callback. Wachtell is a probably the only one you don't have a chance at unless you have some impressive finance experience.

gotmilk?

Postby gotmilk? » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:30 am

This is a silly thread. Bid everywhere you're interested in working, go on your callbacks at whatever firms you still like after meeting them, and choose among whichever firms you get offers from. Enjoy- it will be fun.

Return to “Legal Employment”