Journal title on resume Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
a male human

Gold

Journal title on resume

Post by a male human » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:04 am

I've been italicizing my journal's name on my resume (to show my involvement in its activities). Recently I realized that maybe the journal as an organization, rather than as a journal publication, should not be italicized. Since I'm in the org and not the journal publication itself (except my name on the staff list), should I should keep the journal name plain text (not italics/underline)? It would also make it look consistent with the rest of my education section where all the org names are in plain text.

quakeroats

Silver

Re: Journal title on resume

Post by quakeroats » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:09 am

a male human wrote:I've been italicizing my journal's name on my resume (to show my involvement in its activities). Recently I realized that maybe the journal as an organization, rather than as a journal publication, should not be italicized. Since I'm in the org and not the journal publication itself (except my name on the staff list), should I should keep the journal name plain text (not italics/underline)? It would also make it look consistent with the rest of my education section where all the org names are in plain text.
It doesn't matter. Anyone looking at your resume will spend a maximum of 30 second on it. That isn't enough time to contemplate whether a journal is an organization and if so, should be italicized. Keep it as consistent as possible with the rest of your resume, but really, no one will care.

flcath

Silver

Re: Journal title on resume

Post by flcath » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:19 am

Not wrong either way, but italicize if you want to draw attention to it.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”