Return to extern or try getting a part time gig at a firm?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

What should I do?

Extern at Agency A
50%
Hustle for the private sector
50%

Total votes: 2

Anonymous User

Return to extern or try getting a part time gig at a firm?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:42 pm

I had a great experience at a state government agency last spring. They do a type of law I am interested in (securities and real estate); call it agency A. I am working at a different government agency right now that covers similar grounds; Agency B. Agency A doesnt take a lot of interns and recently hired a previous intern a few months ago. Agency B takes more interns, and pretty much only hires if you have been a volunteer attorney for a year. Agency A is civil work; Agency B is criminal. I previously had civil firm experience first summer (this is my 2L summer.)

I would love to work a government job post-graduation, but I realize firms are more likely to hire. I have a relatively high amount of substantive/practical experience. This fall, should I try to clerk at a small/mid sized firm or put in more face-time with Agency A?

Edited to add a poll, given the view-to-reply ratio

Anonymous User

Re: Return to extern or try getting a part time gig at a firm?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:20 pm

Bump?

Return to “Legal Employment”