Below Median at Cornell, Bidding List?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Below Median at Cornell, Bidding List?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:00 pm

Grades are back and I currently stand in the second 1/3 of my class. K-JD, URM, two articles published, fluent in Spanish, no work experience, journal is still up in the air. I have an appointment with my OCS next week and I have no idea how I should approach the bidding process.

KMaine

Re: Below Median at Cornell, Bidding List?

Postby KMaine » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:13 pm

Perhaps this is obvious, but you should bid on NYC on firms that are not especially selective and have large class sizes. Firms that tend to take a good number of Cornell students are also good targets.

Also, mass mail every firm in markets you have ties to. You have a good shot at a job, but you will have to hustle and interview well. Good luck!

Peg

Postby Peg » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:51 pm

Curious if anyone can name some NY firms that aren't as selective and have larger class sizes? top quarter at a T30 - probably looking in the same range as the Cornell student. Thanks

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:08 pm

Prosk Rose comes to mind.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:29 pm

what is your gpa?

Return to “Legal Employment”